Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    I need help here. I have been attempting to get My Tether to work by following a series of steps. I ended up with a Code 10 error so I tried again. Now I am kind of stuck here with Linux commands that I'm not familiar with and a .conf file that I already modified I used this link to help me through: pre dev wiki: USBnet networking setup

On your rooted Pre

run

usbnet enable

as root and then restart the device as instructed. When it comes back up, run 'ifconfig' and verify you now have a usb0 interface. Mine had the IP of 192.168.0.202. The IP can be changed in /etc/network/interfaces. After a change, bounce the usb0 interface: ifdown usb0; ifup usb0
    Optional Setup to enable DHCP (so you don't have to set the IP address below)

1. Edit /etc/dnsmasq.palm.conf
    2. Add interface=usb0 below the existing interface line
    3. Add dhcp-range=192.168.0.11,192.168.0.12,12h below the existing dhcp-range
    4. Restart the dnsmasq process: stop dnsmasq; start dnsmasq
    At first I tried to access /etc/network/interfaces but it wouldn't allow me (permission denied). I decided to go ahead and do steps 1, 2, 3, and 4. To edit a any file in Linux, you have to use the command vi. I typed vi etc/dnsmasq/palm.conf. I have been following the directions but it seemed to me something was wrong... because the .conf file was blank to begin with. I wanted to get out but I can't. I am stuck. What do I do? Can someone send me a copy of their clean cnsmasq.palm.conf file so I can replace it? Thanks. :/

Picture below:

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    esc :qw << this writes the changes and quits
    esc :q! << this quits without writing

In the above, you type ESC key then the other 3 keys.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Thank you!
    Just a note:

If you are in /etc and type vi etc/dnsmasq.palm.conf you are going to be editing /etc/etc/dnsmasq.palm.conf

You would want 'vi /etc/dnsmasq.palm.conf' or 'vi dnsmasq.palm.conf' if you are already in /etc like you were.
    When following instructions on modifying exising files,

1) MAKE A BACKUP

2) MAKE A BACKUP

How? cp some.linux.filename some.linux.filename.safe

If that doesn't work, STOP. You've done something wrong.