Page 1 of 23 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Twee for Pre is now in final open beta.

Version 0.95 now out.
    This application has been uploaded to Palm for approval to be added to the App Catalog.

[BETA CLOSED]

Twee is a twitter client with features including:
    - Photo Integration
    - Nearby Tweets
    - Update your location
    - URL Minification
    - Photo Thumbnails
    - Multiple Accounts
    - Trends
    - Twitturly Integration
    - StockTwits Integration
    - Custom Navigation UI

PreThinking has posted this video of Twee:

[UPDATE]
    If everyone wanted to know why Twee hasn't been on the AppCatalog, is because of Palm, not of mine own doing. I suppose it has to do with the 1.2 firmware update timeline being pushed back internally, since, my guess is that when 1.2 comes out, so will Twee.

Also 0.94 vs 0.95 there is absolutely NO difference on how it interacts with Twitter, none of those calls were changed at all, in any way. Twitter has been completely sporadic in it's API calls, so it would be just a coincidence that people think that one works better than the other. Same thing with people moving to/from Tweed and Spaz.
    Many users said Twee is much more stable than Tweed or that Tweed is much more stable than Twee, which in this case, would also be a coincidence.

I do appreciate all the comments and people enjoying and hating Twee. The beta period is closed and so the downloads go away. I do however prefer, if you are going to download my app from an unauthorized source, run the newest stuff and get the newest features so you can better test (which is what the beta was intended to do) Twee.

BTW look out for WhatTheTrend integration and better notifications in the full release.
    Last edited by eekfuh; 09/15/2009 at 01:59 AM.
    now if only we got a facebook one
    Just installed the program...nice!

Are there any plans to cache tweets as opposed to always refreshing for new tweets?
    Would be great if it could auto update, but I don't think that's possible right now.
    Auto update, as in with new version releases.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Nice, I like it...so far so good. Thanks for the good work!
    Looks great.
    Nearby tweets is a really cool feature. Also nice to easily view the user's full picture.

Custom UI looks nice, I would just move the bug report into the menu. Could also use some notifications & settings, but you probably have that planned for the future I bet.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by joshewah View Post
    Nearby tweets is a really cool feature. Also nice to easily view the user's full picture.

Custom UI looks nice, I would just move the bug report into the menu. Could also use some notifications & settings, but you probably have that planned for the future I bet.
    Good suggestions. Notifications coming as next feature. A few new settings after that.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    love the new TWEE......why does mine take so long to load?? white screen for 2+minutes? anyone else have this issue? other people find this problem?

thanks,
    The Wams
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Could you expand on why (other then look and feel) someone would use this over Tweed and/or Spaz?
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joshewah View Post

Nearby tweets sounds like a really cool feature. Is it tower based or does someone have to add the location to their post??
    Good job. Love the UI. Will you be integrating other photo services like TwitPic or Twitgoo?
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Looks great, seems quicker than Tweed. I'm willing to switch.
    Number of Pre's in household: 2, one for my wife and one for myself.
    Follow me on Twitter @Nhyde
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nice Reddy View Post
    now if only we got a facebook one
    I know, right? There are *so* many twitter clients, but I haven't seen a facebook one yet

-mark
  16.    #16  
    The currently plan for image hosting integration is to keep it only TweetPhoto until another hosting allows for api calls to grab the send to email.
    Once palm allows for file uploads via their API then all the other hosting platforms will be integrated. I only want a seamless integration of image uploads and hate that you have to go login and get the email address.
    I like twitpic better because my twitsig shows a thumbnail of the pic I uploaded and twee shows a bigger and full size thumbnail. Also, it is almost never down.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    This is cool
    I've grown to love using tweed but since downloading this app I have to say I'm almost fully hooked on it. I love the slider at the bottom with the different settings. Although I have to admit it makes the viewable area feel a little cramped. One thing I like about tweed is the drop down to select different settings.
    Rooting required if running 1.0.4?
Page 1 of 23 12345611 ... LastLast