Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    Nearby tweets sounds like a really cool feature. Is it tower based or does someone have to add the location to their post??
    Its using the location of the twitter account for GPS as far as I can tell. The app also has the option to set your own location via GPS. Would be nice however to manually set it back from the app, or have a way to automatically it set (maybe update it when you make a tweet?).

One thing about all the custom UI stuff, sometimes it takes a while to load. The first time I loaded the app it sat at a white screen for like a minute. Just now I started it up and it had the bottom text there but everything else was black
    I just noticed while I am viewing the tweets I sometimes see the same few posts repeated when I keep scrolling down the feed. I don't know if that is from when it refreshes or what. When I go to the user's feed you only see it once.
    didnt like it no notifications like twed, UI seemed slow at times, and it's a paid application (but in beta for now)
    Quote Originally Posted by logie View Post
    Rooting required if running 1.0.4?
    ???
    Quote Originally Posted by joshewah View Post
    I just noticed while I am viewing the tweets I sometimes see the same few posts repeated when I keep scrolling down the feed. I don't know if that is from when it refreshes or what. When I go to the user's feed you only see it once.
    ditto i have the same issue.

also i know its in beta, but the pic viewer should include a zoom function as well as an option to save (maybe I am overlooking these features somewhere?).
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    What are people's opinions of Twee vs Tweed vs Twitpick (is that an app too?)?
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    Looks great.
    I second that... I personally think it's better than tweed..... too bad Twee wasn't in the original build...
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chefjabril11 View Post
    didnt like it no notifications like twed, UI seemed slow at times, and it's a paid application (but in beta for now)
    Is this really going to be a paid program?
    Anyone else unable to install this app.

It won't install on my device or the emulator.

When I run palm-install.bat I get this.

C:\Program Files\Palm\SDK\palm-install twee-0.85.ipk
    connecting to device emulator (30C12D39BA8B320D6BAEBD964C61B11FD8D942E8:tcp:6033
    3)
    copying C:\Program Files\Palm\SDK\twee-0.85.ipk to /media/internal/dev
    eloper/twee-0.85.ipk on device emulator (30C12D39BA8B320D6BAEBD964C61B11FD8D942E
    8:tcp:60333)
    installing package /media/internal/developer/twee-0.85.ipk on device emulator (3
    0C12D39BA8B320D6BAEBD964C61B11FD8D942E8:tcp:60333)
    palm-install: FAILED_PACKAGEFILE_CORRUPT
    I was finally able to install it on the emulator by manually transferring the .ipk into media/internal/developer and installing with ipkg.
    Now it won't uninstall from the emulator.
    I've been running this app all day, and so far I'm enjoying it.. like it better than Spaz or Tweed. Seems to have a few more features, and it's easy to use. I mainly just sit on my timeline, so it's great for me.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thedarkharlequin View Post

I was finally able to install it on the emulator by manually transferring the .ipk into media/internal/developer and installing with ipkg.
    Why would u want to uninstall it? It's great!!
    Quote Originally Posted by steb0ne View Post
    Why would u want to uninstall it? It's great!!
    ....um point missed.....
    This program looks pretty slick it appears it takes some design queues from both the Pre and the iphone. I hope to see more programs of this caliber in the future. I wonder how much this app costs?
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts

You will have to go in and manually rm -rf the folder and rescan Luna.

And you shouldnt use ipkg to install apps some phones you cant remove it, it will just reappear.. so maybe try redownloading the app and see what you get. or extract the whole application from the ipk file and move it to /var/usr/palm/applications/ then rescan Luna.. that also works.
    Quote Originally Posted by atlanta View Post
    You will have to go in and manually rm -rf the folder and rescan Luna.

And you shouldnt use ipkg to install apps some phones you cant remove it, it will just reappear.. so maybe try redownloading the app and see what you get. or extract the whole application from the ipk file and move it to /var/usr/palm/applications/ then rescan Luna.. that also works.
    Okay, I'll try that to uninstall.

I've redownloaded the file multiple times with no change. When downloading with a download manager it get's to 99% then complains about missmatched size.

It's frustrating because I have no trouble installing any other app.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    i deleted Tweed and started using Twee.
    it will be PERFECT once it has push notification.
    great work.
    installation methods (pre installer, SDK) don't work. Is rooting the only way?
    Okay, I'll try that to uninstall.

I've redownloaded the file multiple times with no change. When downloading with a download manager it get's to 99% then complains about missmatched size.

It's frustrating because I have no trouble installing any other app.
    Quote Originally Posted by slightlyoffbeat View Post
    installation methods (pre installer, SDK) don't work. Is rooting the only way?
    Hey guys.... I see many people are missing the new and updated, very user friendly method of installing their homebrew apps... I hope this wiki helps you. It is very simple to do, and even works great in Vista 64bit. Just follow the steps in the wiki...

Enjoy!
    Tutorials webOS Installing An Ipk - WebOS Internals
    ***Also, please note... I DO NOT take credit for this... I am simply the messenger to the lost so to speak! Enjoy!
    I don't see much point in installing Prebrew when I already have the SDK up and running and can install everything else with it. This is the only app I've had trouble with. Leads me to suspect the app, not the install method.
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast