Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Seems that when you post a tweet from TweeFree, it shows up as being posted from the web. Anyone else see this?
    Hi. I didn't read 16 pages of posts, so I apologise if this were already suggested.

I'm using Tweed now. Been hating it, but haven't bothered changing while nothing else seems to have a much better feature set.

You can easily win my loyalty. Firstly, if you have a WinMo device handy, check out PockeTwit. The best Twitter phone app ever. A huge amount of interesting features right down to colour customisation. It also had advanced settings for what you wanted to be notified of and how (which sound/how long to vibrate).

But what all the apps are really missing so far is ONE unified timeline for those of us who use multiple accounts. It doesn't make sense for me to open multiple cards every time I open Twitter, and then keep checking multiple accounts. Drop everything into one timeline (like in Seesmic Desktop), and it's much easier for me. Just make sure that when I go to reply or tweet, I can choose which account it comes from.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JayKC View Post
    Seems that when you post a tweet from TweeFree, it shows up as being posted from the web. Anyone else see this?
    Yup. That's what I see, too.

Also, when I go to post a pic, it hangs for a bit and then says "Unable to post photo to TwitPic - Please try again later." I'm assuming that this will work on the pay version and it's not a bug?
    I take pictures both under water and above. I talk about a bunch of stuff.
  4.    #304  
    TweeFree updated to now have the source from "Twee".

Go download it from the homebrew gallery here on precentral.

Sorry about that.
    Also posting photos should work, if TwitPic isn't working, try a different photo host.
    Twee - Twitter Client
    Feeds - Google Reader
    WootOn! - Woot.com Client
    Eliza (for lol's)
    Quote Originally Posted by eekfuh View Post
    Also posting photos should work, if TwitPic isn't working, try a different photo host.
    Setting change won't stay, keeps going back to TwitPic, which still fails.
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    I love it.
    My experience has been that while this is "nice", it also seems to be a bit buggy - they keyboard stops working and the only way out is to either swipe away the app, or rotating the screen sometimes works ...
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dustiq View Post
    Are the only differences between the free and pay version notifications?
    Eekfuh, what are the diffs between free and paid Twee?
    still using your old Twee and love it.

Don't want Lanscape mode for Twee as it makes it hard to read in bed
    Quote Originally Posted by martinp13 View Post
    Eekfuh, what are the diffs between free and paid Twee?
    So far I think it's the location stuff and the notifications stuff. Eekfuh of course will have a more accurate answer.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdives View Post
    So far I think it's the location stuff and the notifications stuff. Eekfuh of course will have a more accurate answer.
    I just deleted the old Twee for Twee free, and noticed the nearby tweats feature is not there?? Im going to miss that feature and wish I didnt delete it. I do however appreciate landscape viewing but not sure if its an even trade of? Is the nearby tweets feature only in the paid app now?
    Eekfuh,
    Just wondering will the old beta version .95 that i'm using stop working when the paid version hits the app catalog? I am also waiting on listings of improvements/differences between beta version .95 and the free version on homebrew
    thanks,

I have no complaints with my existing beta version. Great job
    how will the notifications work with twee...like it wont work every 5 minutes? i want to get notifications as they arrive?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

What happened to the autoload? I loved that in the old version, that if you only had one twitter account it would go into that one automatically without making the user click on the name of their one account...
    According to the developer's twitter, TweeFree doesn't have:

Notifications, nearby tweets, twitturly, stocktwits, or the ability to use multiple accounts.

That means that you'll have to manually refresh instead of being told when there's updates.

One suggestion I might have for the full version is the ability to customize what's in the bottom. I'd prefer to get rid of pretty much the ones that aren't in TweeFree anyway for the full version once I buy it, but I need the notifications myself.
    Oh and one other suggestion (not sure if it's actually possible though) would be to have it behave similarly to the browser when in landscape mode, so that you can do the page up / page down flicks in the gesture area.
  16.    #316  
    Answer some question:

First off, there is a preferences bug, I will fix that tonight.

Second, 0.95 will continue to work till December, then will stop, when the official Twee comes out, it will continue to work, at least until December.

Third, the difference are this, full Twee has:
    Notfications (5, 15,30 or 60 minute interval)
    TwittURLy
    StockTwits
    Scroll to first new tweet
    Nearby Tweets
    Multiple Account Support
    Each Account has their Own Card

Upcoming features that will only happen to paid version of Twee:
    Disable Landscape Mode (for people who want to read in their bed)
    Update Twitter Profile Picture
    Edit Account Password
    White Theme
    Different Fontsizes
    Plus more features in the long term
    Twee - Twitter Client
    Feeds - Google Reader
    WootOn! - Woot.com Client
    Eliza (for lol's)
    I downloaded TweeFree earlier today. I really like the interface, much better than Tweed's! Once the paid version is released to the catalog, I will definitely buy the app, but will wait for the future updates.

Eventually I will switch to Twee as my Twitter client, replacing Tweed. But... I need the adjustable font sizes, like Tweed, before I switch completely over to Twee.

I like the fonts larger so I can take a quick look at the tweets as updates come in. With the smaller font size, I have to stare at the Pre's display to read what is said and my eyes eventually get strained, because the font is so small.

Keep up the good work and PLEASE...PLEASE... make the adjustable FONT size a priority on your update list.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    So, disabling a feature is only in the paid version? Sounds a bit counter-intuitive... like shouldn't landscape viewing be a feature in the paid version, rather than making it in the free version?
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismode View Post
    So, disabling a feature is only in the paid version? Sounds a bit counter-intuitive... like shouldn't landscape viewing be a feature in the paid version, rather than making it in the free version?
    Landscape will be in the paid version. What he's saying is you'll have the option to turn landscape off, if you're frequently in odd positions like laying in bed and don't want it to rotate when you're doing that.
    How much would the full version run?