Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Well, I finally got around to donating to all my favorite homebrewers! Is there a way to donate? I don't mind donating now and paying whenever it's available...your hard work is appreciated now!

You can send me a PM if you have whatever it takes to do PayPal! I will not be offended if you want me to wait to pay for it via the app catalog either. I was just donating to everyone this weekend and wanted to at least try to getcha!

Being me has its advantages.

-- Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
    Quote Originally Posted by dswissmiss View Post
    Wow, If that isn't the definition of spin I don't know what is. I honestly wasn't aware that every time I use a beta product I agree to discard older versions in favor of less functional ones. My point was that the paid for app should differentiate itself based on features (which I'll happily pay for in this case) and not on the fact that it is the only acceptable working version I should have.
    I'm not sure you caught the extent of my sarcasm in that post...
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Using Filecoaster to download via URL and it tells me the install failed? Anyone having this problem? Is there another way to install it?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yetdog View Post
    Using Filecoaster to download via URL and it tells me the install failed? Anyone having this problem? Is there another way to install it?
    Well two things, no you can't use filecoaster to download the url, I tried many a time, I personally used webosquickinstall, I'm using .95 and have noticed any bugs at all, in fact I find twee runs quite smooth and alot more features than tweed. Thanks to the guy who reuploaded .95 couldn't deal with tweed anymore.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Filecoaster isn't going to work. The files are hosted through a service, no way I was putting them on my own server. Use WebOS Quick Install.
  6.    #266  
    If everyone wanted to know why Twee hasn't been on the AppCatalog, is because of Palm, not of mine own doing. I suppose it has to do with the 1.2 firmware update timeline being pushed back internally, since, my guess is that when 1.2 comes out, so will Twee.

Also 0.94 vs 0.95 there is absolutely NO difference on how it interacts with Twitter, none of those calls were changed at all, in any way. Twitter has been completely sporadic in it's API calls, so it would be just a coincidence that people think that one works better than the other. Same thing with people moving to/from Tweed and Spaz.
    Many users said Twee is much more stable than Tweed or that Tweed is much more stable than Twee, which in this case, would also be a coincidence.

I do appreciate all the comments and people enjoying and hating Twee. The beta period is closed and so the downloads go away. I do however prefer, if you are going to download my app from an unauthorized source, run the newest stuff and get the newest features so you can better test (which is what the beta was intended to do) Twee.

BTW look out for WhatTheTrend integration and better notifications in the full release.
    Twee - Twitter Client
    Feeds - Google Reader
    WootOn! - Woot.com Client
    Eliza (for lol's)
    I have no hatred for twee, just a general dislike of the way you handled the end of the beta.

I had to reset my phone, when I went to install Twee it was no longer available. There was no communication on your behalf to the forum, even when asked. Even when you did finally comment you were fairly unclear as to your intentions. You cannot blame people on this forum who wanted to reinstall looking for the older versions.

I wanted a twitter app so I installed Tweed, and I am now happy.

I am not upset, angry or "hating". Just somewhat annoyed.

I think clearly explaining your intentions for the length of the beta and communicating clearly when you remove the app would have made the whole thing much better.

I wish you luck with your app when it hits the catalog. I hope you sell enough to make your development worth your time... it's a good app, but I will most likely not be buying it.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cAPSLOCK View Post
    I have no hatred for twee, just a general dislike of the way you handled the end of the beta.

I had to reset my phone, when I went to install Twee it was no longer available. There was no communication on your behalf to the forum, even when asked. Even when you did finally comment you were fairly unclear as to your intentions. You cannot blame people on this forum who wanted to reinstall looking for the older versions.

I wanted a twitter app so I installed Tweed, and I am now happy.

I am not upset, angry or "hating". Just somewhat annoyed.

I think clearly explaining your intentions for the length of the beta and communicating clearly when you remove the app would have made the whole thing much better.

I wish you luck with your app when it hits the catalog. I hope you sell enough to make your development worth your time... it's a good app, but I will most likely not be buying it.
    Exactly. I think the worst thing is that a lot of us really love the app and WANT to use, pay for and support the product and the developer. The problem is the complete lack of communication on your part.

It doesn't make me want to run out and buy a product when the dev seems to completely disappear when problems arise. It makes me feel like the same thing will happen, even once I pay for the application.
    Heh...

For what it's worth I think "gage006",I and others are doing a better job of beta testing your customer service and customer relations than testing Twee itself.

Twee is a fine product. You will likely do well with it.

But do not write off these last comments.

If I were in your shoes I'd be tempted to think something like:

"Who do these clowns think they are??? I let them use my product for free and they are complaining about it? They don't have any right to be angry! Or... i guess some people are just gonna be mad", or the like.

To a certain extent I can empathize with that line of though even though it is wrong.

Bottom line is perception is key to selling an internet product. Perception that the product is good *AND* the perception that it will be well supported and maintained by a friendly developer who will inform me when changes are coming and treat me with the same respect I would want from them.

Anyway... I will leave you alone now... last advice.
    Palm has rules about programs you submit to the App Catalog. The version you submit to the App Catalog can only be available in the App Catalog. More than likely, it was taken down when he submitted to the App Catalog because of this. If Palm is taking a couple weeks before being ready, that's not really the developer's fault is it?

As for being annoyed by him wanting people to use the latest version if they're going to post ipks, I can totally understand that. This is a beta test here, and it's useless for people to be testing old versions of the application.

And while I have to admit, that I very much appreciated the old versions being posted here and got 0.95 that way after upgrading to the leaked 1.2 because I forgot to back it up, I have to laugh at people thinking they have a right to keep testing the application as long as they want. The developer has always said that releasing it this way is for beta purposes. If the developer chooses to end testing, that's his right (and if this was a large software company, people would be lucky the company wasn't pressing charges or at least a C&D for freely posting his copyrighted material). You don't have an eternal right to keep beta testing for as long as you want.

Again, I appreciate that it's posted, and appreciate the developer's understanding that in the downtime before the application hits the Catalog that people might want to install it for use until they can buy it later, but I can't believe the disrespect people are giving the developer for his simple request that they use the latest version of quite frankly what is a legally questionable upload (again, that I appreciated very much- I just hope at the very least you'll remove the link when it's available in the Catalog).
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    The version soon to be posted in the Catalog is not the version we have.
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    The version soon to be posted in the Catalog is not the version we have.
    Nope
  13.    #273  
    I'd like to clarify some issues from the previous posters.

First off, I did not simply disappear when problems arose. I posted tweets explaining why the application was not working properly (which was Twitter's issue, not Twee's) and I was bombarded with emails and I didn't have the time to respond to all of them. Developing on mobile stuff is a side thing I do, because it's fun and hopefully will create additional stream of income so I can spend more time on it. I work full time for a one of the largest SAAS companies in the world as a developer and sometimes I work too many hours to be able to properly respond to emails or develop and if I have enough time to do one, I develop the product, not respond to 200+ people complaining about issues that I had no control over.

Pulling Twee was not premature because of what Palm had told me about when the application would be released and they have had set backs. I expected it to be already out and in users hands.
    It was in beta and it had already ran it's cycle (thanks to the great users reporting bugs) and I even added some great new features to Twee.

As for communication, I don't disagree. I did not post enough information about ending the beta, even though I had the 0.95 release for over 1 week longer than I had expected. I do however reserve the right to pull the plug if there is a need.

The unapproved postings of my software did not come to my surprise since I would have done the same thing if I really loved the application, but if the developer had said "you can post it as long as it is the newest version" I would have just followed those instructions. I am not the type of person to go out of my way (other than filling out a request to have it removed) to get stuff pulled and keep it protected because if you want it, you'll find a way to get it.

Finally, I do love my users. I can't even imagine how far Twee would have gotten if it wasn't for the countless tweets, posts and emails I've received of people complimenting Twee. Twee is the premier twitter client because of the users input and their guidance on where to take the app. Release early, release often.
    Twee - Twitter Client
    Feeds - Google Reader
    WootOn! - Woot.com Client
    Eliza (for lol's)
    No need to explain man! Cant wait to see the app in the catalog!

Thanks for your hard work!
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    I tried out Tweed's new update and it only reminded me how much I love Twee. That app is seriously terrible.

Give me customizable notifications (mentions only) and Twee would be absolutely perfect in my opinion. Despite some harsh criticisms towards the recent things going on with this app, I still love it. Here to hoping the app catalog version comes out on the 24th. Can't wait to buy it.
    I am buying Twee when it comes out. I don't care if the developer didn't communicate jack cr*p. Seriously. We're lucky that we even got to play around with the beta. If I'm developing an app, I can't be a developer and a 24-hour customer service rep via email and forums all at the same time. Who's paying me for this?

I like Twee and beside gDial Pro, this will be one of the few "shining" apps that's going to available for the Palm Pre.

One thing though: has anyone noticed that most of the apps have a very "dark" look to it? Is it just me? eh...maybe.
    I love twee! It Rocks!
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    Give me customizable notifications (mentions only) and Twee would be absolutely perfect in my opinion. Despite some harsh criticisms towards the recent things going on with this app, I still love it. Here to hoping the app catalog version comes out on the 24th. Can't wait to buy it.
    Agreed 100% on the notifications. I don't care so much when my feed gets updated, just mentions or directs. If you implement those you'll hands down have the best twitter app on the Pre.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Can't wait for 1.0
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by petzrawr View Post
    Agreed 100% on the notifications. I don't care so much when my feed gets updated, just mentions or directs. If you implement those you'll hands down have the best twitter app on the Pre.
    Somehow I bet it's on the new version. We'll see Thursday, either way it's the only choice for a twitter client imo.