1.    #1  
    motionapps.blogspot.com/2009/07/classic-hotsync-for-palm-pre.html

Does this really mean you can Sync between the Pre native Contacts/Calendar and your Palm Desktop on the PC?
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    motionapps.blogspot.com/2009/07/classic-hotsync-for-palm-pre.html

Does this really mean you can Sync between the Pre native Contacts/Calendar and your Palm Desktop on the PC?
    Only if you sync between the Pre and a desktop app AND have a conduit for that same desktop app to the PalmOS app.

In other words, lets say your desktop app is Outlook. You'll need to BOTH sync your Pre to Outlook AND sync Classic to Outlook.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Yay! This is great news. It will totally tide me over until more apps are native. They imply it will not work over USB, only over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. That's a bummer, but I can live with it. Classic is a bridge solution, after all.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    I still want Bluetooth functionality with Classic. Would love to listen to my audible books with my a2dp headset.
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    Only if you sync between the Pre and a desktop app AND have a conduit for that same desktop app to the PalmOS app.

In other words, lets say your desktop app is Outlook. You'll need to BOTH sync your Pre to Outlook AND sync Classic to Outlook.
    The question seemed asked about Palm Desktop: Would Classic allow syncing the Pre just like a Treo, in a single operation?
    Great news! i feel better i bought CLassic now
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Audible works on Classic ?!?!? I haven't had a chance to try it again but it didn't work for me the first time I tried. This gives me hope to try again!
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayenberg View Post
    The question seemed asked about Palm Desktop: Would Classic allow syncing the Pre just like a Treo, in a single operation?
    I really doubt it, if I understand correctly.

A hotsync feature in Classic would only allow a sync between the PalmOS calendar and a desktop app (such as Palm Desktop). It would do absolutely nothing in terms of the Pre calendar.

Now, if MotionApps developed a feature that allowed access to the Pre's calendar database (and notes and todo and address), that would be another thing. But I've not seen anything to suggest that they were doing this.

However, if your goal is to use a PalmOS calendar (native, DateBk6, Agendus, etc.) and NOT use the Pre's calendar, then a hotsync feature should do it.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    A future update to the SDK that allowed access to the lower level of the Pre (more specifically, database access) could see Classic being able to interface with the Pre's native PIM data. This could be useful if someone wanted to be able to update, say, Agendus on the Classic and have those updates reflected on the Pre's calendar/contacts. But then, an updated SDK like that would probably mean companies like Iambic would develop Agendus for the Pre as a native app, thereby negating the need for the PalmOS version in Classic.

Right now I'm primarily using Agendus in Classic, and double-entering info into the Pre's calendar just so my wife can get on Google calendar and see what I've got scheduled. I'm eagerly awaiting the lower-level access SDK so we can get Agendus as a native app.... I would gladly pay for a good PIM app over the dissappointing webOS calendar.
    Quote Originally Posted by davim00 View Post

Right now I'm primarily using Agendus in Classic, and double-entering info into the Pre's calendar just so my wife can get on Google calendar and see what I've got scheduled. I'm eagerly awaiting the lower-level access SDK so we can get Agendus as a native app.... I would gladly pay for a good PIM app over the dissappointing webOS calendar.
    Geez, no device is worth having to double enter all my calendar appointments. The poor calendar on the Pre is the main reason I won't replace my Treo just yet.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davim00 View Post
    A future update to the SDK that allowed access to the lower level of the Pre (more specifically, database access) could see Classic being able to interface with the Pre's native PIM data.
    Depends if you believe the rumors that the Pre's calendar will not be accessible to third party developers:

http://www.precentral.net/new-rough-...er-causes-stir

"Both Contacts and Calendar will allow applications to add information that will get merged into an integrated view. They don't allow applications to read, delete or update any data that wasn't created by the same application."
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Geez, no device is worth having to double enter all my calendar appointments. The poor calendar on the Pre is the main reason I won't replace my Treo just yet.
    Yeah it's starting to annoy me. I'm thinking I'll stick to Agendus and not worry with the built-in calendar until HotSync is implemented into Classic. I'll be able to sync with Outlook then and import that directly to Google.
    I have never, ever known less about any device that I owned than the Pre. With that said if HotSync is included in Classic I will be thrilled to pay the $30 to be able to 'connect' my desktop to my Pre. I am a real novice when it comes to technology but I will be darned if I can figure why Palm didn't include the Plam PIM in the Pre.
    Originally posted by mauro1:

Audible works on Classic ?!?!? I haven't had a chance to try it again but it didn't work for me the first time I tried. This gives me hope to try again!
    Yes and thanks to Classic, I no longer have to carry around by iPod. You have to use the headset jack or speakers, but since I had to do the same thing with the iPod, what's the diff?
    Will it sync memos and tasks? Maybe this will tide me over til palm gets a clue.