Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Hey all - did anyone get responses from the emails to the "new" acct?
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Any updates? Glad to see Radio Time has updated some of the APIs to fix one of the stations I want to listen to but I want to be able to listen to the Mark Belling Late Afternoon Show on AM1130 WISN in Milwaukee and, being a Clear Channel Station, I can't. Sure, I have Dr.Podder to listen to the podcast but more live is more better.
    Running Homebrew on my Pre, Wii, PSP and DS. The DS ruined the rhyming that was going on there...sigh.
    KTOK (1000 AM in Oklahoma City) says you need "I Heart Radio" to listen to their station on a mobile device.

Anyone know if any plans for this app to become available for webOS?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    iheart radio webos app news anyone??
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    ClearChannel stations here they come!

quote from iheart on facebook
    "iHeartRadio Hello everyone-- We are working on making iheartradio compatible with Web OS and have not forgotten! We will be sure to keep everyone posted as new developments happen."
    They didn't give any timetable, did they?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    he guys, ive been sending emails and posting comments on iheartradios fb site to see what is going on as far as an app for us. It would seem as if they have no interest on bringing an app for webos. Here is an email reply i got directly from clear channel, which is the company that owns iheartradio.

Thank you for your note regarding expanding iheartradio to webos. We are continually working on bringing iheartradio to more platforms and products over time. Currently I cannot provide you a date or timeline of when we may begin exploring webos. We always take our fans and followers suggestions into consideration for such ideas. I will keep your email on file and let you know when I can give you a better update on timing and the possibility of bringing our app to this platform.

Thank you for your feedback,

Adrienne Delli Santi
    Sr. Manager - Digital Marketing

Clear Channel Radio Digital
    32 Avenue of the Americas, 2nd Floor
    New York, NY 10013
    P: 212-377-7813 | F: 212-377-7885

Here is the reply i got from them on facebook:

Matthew VazqueziHeartRadio
    Are we ever going to have the pleasure of having iheartradio for webos?
    December 20 at 10:51am ˇLikeUnlike ˇ Comment

iHeartRadio Good morning Matthew--We are working on expanding to many more devices and platforms. If and when we expand to WebOS, we will be sure to let you know!
    December 20 at 11:13am ˇ LikeUnlike ˇ .Matthew Vazquez Thanks for the reply, but you never really answered the question. Would you be able to tell IF you are expanding to webos?
    December 20 at 11:15am ˇ LikeUnlike.iHeartRadio we are constantly evaluating every platform so we can be where our consumers are. curently we are on the web, apple, rim, android, winphone7, sonos and looking at others. we do not have plans at this time, but are working toward making iheartradio available on more and more devices/platforms in the future. thanks for your input, we appreciate it.
    December 20 at 9:12pm ˇ LikeUnlike ˇ .Matthew Vazquez And what makes you guys think that you don't have any potential consumers in webos. I know from the forums @ precentral.net that there is tons of people that have been waiting for iheartradio since june of '09. That doesn't seem to me like you are evaluating EVERY platfoem so you can be where your consumers are.
    December 20 at 10:15pm ˇ LikeUnlike.Karl Sjoblom you guys said one was in the works, now none?
    December 20 at 11:03pm ˇ LikeUnlike ˇ

What i dont understand is that they already brought iheartradio to wp7. To me thats a slap on the face. Anyways anybody that wants iheartradio on their webos devices like i do i sugest to start demaning it on their facebook iheartradio page, and send them a couple of emails @ webmasterATclearchannel.com
    astantonATstantonprm.com, lisadollingerATclearchannel.com, JohnHoganATclearchannel.com
    Please replace the AT for @ since its not letting my post emails.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Everyone go to IheartRadio's facebook page, Login | Facebook And simply write 'webOS'

I have been commenting on their page about every week, and it doesn't look like they are even thinking about making one. If everyone does it it'll show how much the webOS community wants this app!!
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    From what I have been able to tell, this app & the feeds it uses, is based on Flash. I don't think they'll even consider it until WebOS 2.0 & Flash is released to everyone. That & the fact that we have almost 0% market share right now .
    Quote Originally Posted by McRoth View Post
    From what I have been able to tell, this app & the feeds it uses, is based on Flash. I don't think they'll even consider it until WebOS 2.0 & Flash is released to everyone. That & the fact that we have almost 0% market share right now .
    If it was based on Flash, why would it work on iOS?
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by McRoth View Post
    It's not flash based. They have a web based flash player, but, their iOS, Android, and Blackberry apps all are natively coded (Objective C, Java, and J2ME, respectively). It's all about market share, though. There just aren't that many WebOS based phones out there right now. We've been here since like day one, though.

Doc

RadioTime/TuneIn Radio
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
    Doc and just so you know, I love radio time its on my front page in the launcher for quick access Thanks for making it availiable since day one

Ken
    There has been some recent discussion from people that have been sending requests to the IheartRadio app. There might be some helpful info there. Not sure because I use Radio Time.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...ht=heart+radio
    they keep giving us the same generic reply....we just gotta keep sending emails @ the addresses I posted earlier and posting @their fb page. Radio time is cool but they don't have any of my talk shows.....
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I want Iheartradio too. The local country station in CT is Clear Channel and so couldn't listen to it while I was in FL On the other side of the coin while driving down I95 in FL was able to tune in the UCONN womens basketball game through TuneIn Radio from a CT radio station. Made my dad happy, he lives down there and can't listen to much UCONN. I can see the advantages to both and RadioTime lists the Clear Channel stations on the web but due to format of them we can't listen to them on the Pre. Doesn't the Pre support Java or some form of it? If this is the case then why can't Iheartradio be ported over? In the meantime I'll enjoy TuneIn and support them!
    Last edited by sczajka; 01/10/2011 at 04:29 AM.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sczajka View Post
    I want Iheartradio too. The local country station in CT is Clear Channel and so couldn't listen to it while I was in FL On the other side of the coin while driving down I95 in FL was able to tune in the UCONN womens basketball game through TuneIn Radio from a CT radio station. Made my dad happy, he lives down there and can't listen to much UCONN. I can see the advantages to both and RadioTime lists the Clear Channel stations on the web but due to format of them we can't listen to them on the Pre. Doesn't the Pre support Java or some form of it? If this is the case then why can't Iheartradio be ported over? In the meantime I'll enjoy TuneIn and support them!
    We can't add them to our application due to licensing, not due to format. We have everything needed in order to stream them...except a licensing agreement and I don't see that happening anytime soon. The Pre doesn't support Java (I wish it did as that would open up a whole new level of application capability), but, IHeartRadio really has nothing to do with Java.

Doc

RadioTime/TuneIn Radio
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    No iheart radio for webOS. Even though they said they were making one last year... Check out their facebook page.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    hmmmm
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123