Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have purchased and reviewed all the existing weather apps on the catalog right now and I think that AccuWeather is the best one out there...free or otherwise.

Last night I took a look at their new premium version and, to me, it just didn't add enough goodies to warrant the purchase, but if the ads of the free version annoy you, then it may be worth it.

Hope that helps someone.

David
    www.webosroundup.com
    Find the best webOS apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingpenguin View Post
    I have purchased and reviewed all the existing weather apps on the catalog right now and I think that AccuWeather is the best one out there...free or otherwise.
    Have you tried the latest Weatherbug Elite? Their animated radar blows away Accuweather radar. Accuweather radar doesn't even show roads or highways so you don't know where the storms are in relation to where you are driving.

I just took 2 screenshots, the first is Weatherbug Elite radar, the second is Accuweather radar. I prefer Weatherbug Elite.

Weatherbug Elite radar image:

Accuweather radar image:
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Doesn't show inches of snowfall predicted, which is what I would really like to see in a forecast - even if they are wrong half the time.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I've also downloaded and tried out just about all the weather apps on the pre and I WANT to like accuweather, but it just doesn't seem as reliable as the others for current data OR t hey are all wrong and accuweather is right. The temperature readings on Accuweather (for the same times give or take 5-10 minutes) are always 5-8 degrees higher. Here are the current temp readings for each app in my area: Accuweather 39F, Weatherchannel 30.5F, Weatherbug 31.0F, Bweather 31.0F (gets date from WB), Weather underground 31.5F, Google 31.3F.

I love the crisp black interface of Accuweather and it goes well with the Pre, but I just question the accuracy given it's always different than the others. Out of the others the weather channel is very good, but I don't like the ads, but stiff leave it on as an option. I love how weatherbug Elite updates so often BWeather uses the same weatherbug data. I wish it was as fully featured as WB Elite OR WB elite has the nice black interface as Bweather. I'd love to merge those two.

If I ever want any more info I just pull up the bookmark to weatherunderground on the browser, which is plain vanilla text, but always find it to be the most accurate and informative. I wish they'd make a webos app.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12