Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    "Microsoft this week pulled the curtain off of Microsoft Office 2010, ... which will also contain a free option in Office Web, a cloud-based version..."
    "When Office Web goes live, it will offer stripped-down versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote in the cloud."

http://www.crn.com/software/21850028...RSKHSCJUNN2JVN

This sounds like a good app for the Palm Pre. Who should I/we email to lobby for this? Or maybe the Pre will get a 3rd party set of apps that do the same thing except Pre-optimized (I do realize that Microsoft's WinMob is a relatively stale).
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I bet it requires Silverlight. I doubt the Pre will ever run Silverlight.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Google Docs are the most likely winners in the virtual realm, has anyone tried them on the pre?

The URL:

m.google.com/docs
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=cooltpmd;1750281]Google Docs are the most likely winners in the virtual realm, has anyone tried them on the pre?
    /QUOTE]

By "virtual realm" do you mean "the cloud"?
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    My guess is that Micosoft is chasing Google Docs for mobile and virtual document management.

In google docs, you can upload your Microsoft docs, spreadsheets, etc... and manipulate them with a web based program ... and now, it is made for mobile systems.

I haven't tried it on the pre yet, but sounds like a winner.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cooltpmd View Post
    Google Docs are the most likely winners in the virtual realm, has anyone tried them on the pre?

The URL:

m.google.com/docs
    Use it all the time. works great for me. Really wish i could print though....
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    Use it all the time. works great for me. Really wish i could print though....
    spreadsheet works, but not quite as nicely as the word processor. the word processor is da bomb.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I'm having trouble using the "word processor." It seems much more like a "word viewer." Is that not true? Am I missing something?