Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm not asking for an instant catalog of 6000+ apps, but the growth of the Pre catalog has been dismally slow.

Nothing new to get excited by in a long time.

Anyone agree, or am I just being impatient?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Agreed....been weeks since anything new. Getting impatient as well.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Patience, grasshopper. There are thousands of developers cranking away, soon there will be many apps. Rejoice that palm has announced the soon to be released improved outlook support that will attract lots of business users, and with the spike in user base will come an even larger spike in developer interest. Combined with the recent expansion if the palm early access sdk program, the apps are sure to follow. The next few months will be exciting!
    I also agree but your also getting impatient, we all would like my apps.
    I bet a lot of developers are holding off until Palm/Sprint figure out a payment system.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Isn't Amy Winehouse on drugs an oxymoron?
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I enjoyed your thread title...

Saw her in concert on paladia network and I couldn't understand a word she said/sung. Some people can't handle themselves.
    She's actually looking pretty healthy these days.
    The Home Brew scene is pumping them out. ii
    Hey it is a start! ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toddrules View Post
    Oxymoron - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You tell me. And use your universal search next time.
    I thought that was Rush Limbaugh that was the oxymoron
    Redundancy actually, but I see what you're getting at.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I was thinking Amy Whinehouse not being on drugs as oxymoron when i wrote it. DOH! no more posts for me that early in the morning.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I agree... love the thread title!
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Don't forget the age of the Pre.
    You are being impatient. The SDK just came out, and Palm is (I'm sure...guessing) figuring out how the hell it's going to deal with all of the apps and how to pay people (and get paid). App submissions accepted in the fall.
    Quote Originally Posted by zacarias View Post
    Palm is (I'm sure...guessing) figuring out how the hell it's going to deal with all of the apps and how to pay people (and get paid).
    Well, considering they've been doing it with the old Palm OS for many, many years, I don't think that's going to be an issue.

The (apps/payment) model already exists, it's just a new OS.
    Last edited by Trekker; 07/19/2009 at 12:46 PM.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Wonder how long OP waited to use that analogy.
    Looking past the analogy, I'm pretty bothered by the pause in growth of the app catalog. We've had the same 30 apps since the second week of launch. Blah blah iPhone this iPhone that. Forget about comparing it to iPhone app store, what about Android Marketplace? Android Marketplace was booming since launch, and offered over 50 apps at launch. I don't know how many apps were crap or not, but are all the early developers outside of what's currently in App Catalog crap? Which is why they're not on there?

I know, I know, patience. I really believe that WebOS can have a strong future, but so far it's severely handicapped with the lack of new apps and new developers hitting the scene.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Looking past the analogy, I'm pretty bothered by the pause in growth of the app catalog. We've had the same 30 apps since the second week of launch. Blah blah iPhone this iPhone that. Forget about comparing it to iPhone app store, what about Android Marketplace? Android Marketplace was booming since launch, and offered over 50 apps at launch. I don't know how many apps were crap or not, but are all the early developers outside of what's currently in App Catalog crap? Which is why they're not on there?

I know, I know, patience. I really believe that WebOS can have a strong future, but so far it's severely handicapped with the lack of new apps and new developers hitting the scene.
    I feel the same way. I mean for starters there needs to be a ton of apps available to come anywhere near being THE "iPhone Killer"...and right now the phone is in limbo. It's difficult to remain patient, but I am doing the best I can and trusting that EVENTUALLY my Pre really WILL be "the bomb". But as it is right now....I can't help but feel let down by the entire experience.

I helped my boss set up his new iPhone yesterday and helped him get to the App Store. Damnit if I wasn't jealous as hell.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Personally I think you and everyone else who is whining about the lack of apps are being impatient. I am sick of going to forums and seeing multiple "Where are the apps!?" threads.

I know you don't want people using the iPhone as a comparison, but it took Apple a year to release the App Store for the iPhone. The first gen iPhone was nothing more than a glorified texting and email phone. Nothing more, nothing less.

To those who throw tantrums like Amy Whinehouse when they refuse to load her up before a show about the lack of apps, I have have the same question for you as I have for everyone else. Would you rather have a crap ton of apps, but a bugged phone that has loads of issues or wait for the apps so they can focus on developing updates to address the bugs first?

For me it is a simple question to answer. Address the bugs first before pushing down new apps and features that will more than likely generate even more bugs. If I have to wait a couple of months for them to tweak the bugs out before I see any new apps, I am perfectly fine with that.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast