Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamen View Post
    Personally I think you and everyone else who is whining about the lack of apps are being impatient.
    Personally, I think your English is worse than Amy Winehouse's.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Please elaborate because I do not see how my "English is worse than Amy Winehouse's". Is it because I put "I have have the same question..." or was that only thing that came to your mind as a way to "rip that kid good"? Grow the **** up dude.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    when I wrote a post about what a marketing disaster the 30 30 30 has been. I didn't even complain about the fact that it is only 30 apps but rather how they did it. They put out 29 then one more and nothing since. Then the replies turned into something Dieter had to close because all assumed it was impatience and the number of apps. instead of just idiocy in marketing dept(I stand by THAT part of the flame) I guess it should have been posted in a different forum like Palm General or something. ANYHOW, before THIS gets too unfriendly let me point all you people who are waiting to the thread in Homebrew about loading apps without rooting. I saw it on a post about the new checkbook app.
    I just didn't want to root (for reasons others explain very well in posts) but this thread (search for PreBrew or checkbook) makes it possible for a non-programmer to comfortably get some homebrew apps without messing around with command lines etc. In about 30 mins yesterday I got the PreBrew thing installed and I now have Checkbook, Dali Clock and Solitaire. If they keep working like they are now I plan to go back and donate to the developers.
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Please elaborate because I do not see how my "English is worse than Amy Winehouse's". Is it because I put "I have have the same question..." or was that only thing that came to your mind as a way to "rip that kid good"? Grow the **** up dude.
    I quoted you. Did you read that?

hdhuntr - I'm glad you mentioned that because I, too, was not interested in rooting. But if things are really that easy with PreBrew, I might have to find the time to check it out. Thx!
    Personally I think you and everyone else who is whining about the lack of apps are being impatient. I am sick of going to forums and seeing multiple "Where are the apps!?" threads.

I know you don't want people using the iPhone as a comparison, but it took Apple a year to release the App Store for the iPhone. The first gen iPhone was nothing more than a glorified texting and email phone. Nothing more, nothing less.

To those who throw tantrums like Amy Whinehouse when they refuse to load her up before a show about the lack of apps, I have have the same question for you as I have for everyone else. Would you rather have a crap ton of apps, but a bugged phone that has loads of issues or wait for the apps so they can focus on developing updates to address the bugs first?

For me it is a simple question to answer. Address the bugs first before pushing down new apps and features that will more than likely generate even more bugs. If I have to wait a couple of months for them to tweak the bugs out before I see any new apps, I am perfectly fine with that.
    The iPhone analogies are weak when you take in account the fact Google launched a new mobile OS(just like WebOS is a new mobile OS) and was able to offer almost 3x the number of third party apps by launch. Yes it took Apple a year for an App Store while Google had Android Marketplace up before launch day just like Palm. Except Android had over 50 apps featured by launch day.

Yes, address the issues in the OS, but I doubt it takes as much time to quality check a third party app as it does to debug serious issues in the operating system. I wouldn't be surprised if the people who debug the OS aren't even involved in the app approval process.

I am not salivating for an iPhone, admittedly before the Pre was announced I was waiting for an Android device on Sprint. But I wholeheartedly support the operating system that Palm has developed and have really nothing to complain about in the functionality of the main OS itself.

I'm not an exchange user, I sync with facebook and don't care about the extra people in my address book. I cut down my AIM and Gtalk buddy lists to sync with those services. I've made many compromises for webOS. And is an essential to my daily lifestyle, because of the Pre I don't use a desktop email client at all anymore.

With all that's said and done, while the Pre is a great operating system within itself, it is still lacking in definitive third party support in the app catalog. Going back to third party and bugs, one could say that Pandora itself is pretty buggy. And while most apps are pretty much self contained, I personally have yet to see an actual app crash my device. However I have noticed some memory leak issues and service disabling issues, which can be both OS and third party related. Mainly the OS and its handling of apps and memory.

I don't hate my device at all, I just find it frustrating at times when there's an app or feature available on every other platform. While I sit waiting wondering how long it will be til Palm comes around to approving an app offering the same features. While I'm jumping through hoops to get that functionality through limited success using web clients or certain website portals.
    Last edited by Kyusaku; 07/21/2009 at 10:32 AM. Reason: fixed typo
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post
    I agree... love the thread title!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12