Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Happy to report some improvement with the 1.1 update.

There is less lag once the day view page "settles" after a swipe, now about 1 sec. And, even as the page swipes in and is grayed out, it is responsive to another swipe gesture, so it's easy to flick a few days over in succession. The timing of the gesture is a bit tricky but it's a noticeable improvement. Almost as the old Datebook.

Generally, rendering of all calendar views seems faster.

P.S. I don't know if this is new to 1.1, but tapping the title bar in the calendar brings up the Jump To dialog box.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    removing the biggest calendar really sped things up for me.
    The calendar and tasks app are week. I don't want to go google just to use the pre calendar. Palm definitely dropped the ball on that one. I hate the spin wheel to pick a date function. Currently I'm using a homebrew app called quick event. Similar to google's sms to calendar function but instead the info goes directly into the pre calendar. For example without opening the calendar you can type 10/25 6pm-8pm birthday party @ mcdonald's. The entry automatically populates in your pre calendar. The creator of the app is also working on a patch where quick event will be one of the universal search options. Can't wait.
  4.    #24  
    And again today, thoroughly humiliated by the Pre calendar.

Same story basically, trying to schedule a series, held up forever by the calendar. And to top that, I was sweating after a workout, and the screen does not respond to gestures when fingers leave a sweat residue. I gave up after a couple minutes with barely one meeting entered. The other person will be emailing me the list. I looked like an *****.

I did notice that the custom repeats have more options now, so that was something to cheer about.

I hate this device. Honestly I can't take this much longer. I wanted to smash it against the wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    And again today, thoroughly humiliated by the Pre calendar.

Same story basically, trying to schedule a series, held up forever by the calendar. And to top that, I was sweating after a workout, and the screen does not respond to gestures when fingers leave a sweat residue. I gave up after a couple minutes with barely one meeting entered. The other person will be emailing me the list. I looked like an *****.

I did notice that the custom repeats have more options now, so that was something to cheer about.

I hate this device. Honestly I can't take this much longer. I wanted to smash it against the wall.
    You could have taken the information down in the memos then set it up later.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    You could have taken the information down in the memos then set it up later.
    I thought about it, and that would be the practical thing to do. But the thought ****ed me even more.

I'm not yet comfortable with the QuickEvent syntax and on the spot I find that I don't want to take chances.
    All they really need to do is take the Centro's calendar, make it look nicer and more modern, then replace the Pre calendar! That would solve my major issues with the calendar. I do like the Google sync though it does at times mess up the dates on multi day entries.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12