Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Which is better for general movie browsing and ticket ordering?
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchdurr View Post
    I'd say go with Fandango. I think it is better laid out. My $0.02
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchdurr View Post
    I use both...Fandango if I'm going to the movies, and Flixter for renting movies...actually, it's updating my Netflix queue which I can't believe how well the site works on the Pre compared to my last WinMo (Mogul) mobile site version.
    I like flixter so I can see upcoming DVD's and Fandango to get theater tickets.
    Fandango is a the easier to use due to the setup and large buttons and the ability to purchase tickets. Flixter has movie info and reviews and the ability to set and appt on the calender without purchasing tickets although you can,t purchase them. I also like how Flixter puts the theaters in your area by distance so you'll know which one is nearest. You can also use the where app which allows you to by tickets from Flixter or set appt without buying tickets and all the other things the other two offer and more in one app.
    Redbox app would be nice... but there is nothing on development right now.
    I use flixster bc fandango wont let me buy tickets online for my fav theatre :-(
    I think flixster is a much better app (RT ratings, upcoming DVDs, etc)

But the bs 30 second load time of flixster is unacceptable, so I use fandango :/
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    Quote Originally Posted by bdubbx View Post
    I use both...Fandango if I'm going to the movies, and Flixter for renting movies...actually, it's updating my Netflix queue which I can't believe how well the site works on the Pre compared to my last WinMo (Mogul) mobile site version.
    I'm confused, you can link netflix and flixster if so how cause I can't seem to figure that out.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I'm confused, you can link netflix and flixster if so how cause I can't seem to figure that out.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to word it as though they are linked. I just have Flixter running, and Netflix on another card...then I just toggle between the two when I find a movie on Flixter that I want to put in my queue.

I don't really care of the way Netflix handles it's new releases. IMO, Flixter's layout by date released works perfect since I tend to only add the latest movies out.
    I really Like Fandango. Used it on my Pre for the first time last night and it was really easy to use. Really liked the way that it offered to send an email and/or text to someone else going to the movies with you and I was really pleasantly suprised (had no idea) that it would actually drop it on your calendar, albeit by creating another calendar, but great nonetheless. Great integration...well done. My only request would be to go back and add a review to a movie that I saw.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Flixster for both my wife and I.
    Number of Pre's in household: 2, one for my wife and one for myself.
    Follow me on Twitter @Nhyde
    i think fandango has better quality trailers
    I would use Fandango
    I don't use it for actually purchasing tickets, but I find for movie listings the Where application is the one I like the most.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    Does flixter not connect to your flixter account? I just created a flixter account and tied it to my facebook account and thought I'd tie it to the flixter app. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by bdubbx View Post
    Sorry, I didn't mean to word it as though they are linked. I just have Flixter running, and Netflix on another card...then I just toggle between the two when I find a movie on Flixter that I want to put in my queue.

I don't really care of the way Netflix handles it's new releases. IMO, Flixter's layout by date released works perfect since I tend to only add the latest movies out.
    I was rather hoping this was possible since I have well over 1,000 ratings in netflix and would like to have them rated in flixter for the obvious reasons of sharing all that detail with my friends on facebook through the flixter on facebook.
    I think Flixter is a feature rich app, but the load time is a little jarring for me. If I want quick movie times I will use Fandango, if I want whatever else, I'll use Flixter.
    Fandago doesn't allow ticket purchases with AMC Theaters. I need Movietickets.com to put up a Pre app pronto!!!
    i like fandango.. the theater i go to is eligle for ticket puchases
    I need to see Rotten Tomatoes ratings in Flixter. So I start there, then go and order on Fandango. Kinda silly. I guess Fandango is too proud to get ratings from unsanctioned sites like Rotten Tomatoes.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast