Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Both pretty good ... Flixster seems to take a little longer to load.

The one thing I hate about Fandango (or maybe just can't figure) is that there's no way to type in a movie name to search for???
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    News Corp sold film review site Rotten Tomatoes to Flixster.

Rotten Tomatoes has been a review option on the Flixster app from the begining, (it's an either/or, one-or-the-other, option), so I doubt it means the app would change much, as the two have had a working relationship anyway.

Does it change the balance of power between Fandango and Flixster.

I've always liked Flixster better because of the Rotten Tomatoes option, but one can't buy tix directly from the app, like one can with Fandango. (If Flixster adds that option/ability, all bet's are off) ;-)
    Does fandango still charge a fee to buy movie tickets?
    Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thermodynamic View Post
    Does fandango still charge a fee to buy movie tickets?
    lol - I think they *all* charge a "convenience fee"... Like I'm inconveniencing them by not making them pay a warm body to talk to!? In my book, "convenience fees" like these rank right up there on the Integrity Scale with oil companies who always seem to find some international reason to rape people for more money every time a holiday approaches.

EDIT: I forgot my recommendation! Personally, I use Fandango simply because it's a bigger company and has larger mind share... That's pretty much how I make decisions when I don't care either way; stick to the bigger entity.
    Fandango
    flixster for amc, fandango for cinemark, others. Flixster has a crappy link to movietickets.com mobile site (crappy) in the app to buy tix for amc theaters...fee free if u have a moviewatcher rewards card.
    I use Flixter because Fandango won't show all the theaters in my area but Flixter does.

Since Updating to a Pre2 with 2.1 (on Sprint) Flixter gives me an error that it cannot create a synergy calendar... Anyone with the same problem?
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
    Quote Originally Posted by neit_jnf View Post
    I use Flixter because Fandango won't show all the theaters in my area but Flixter does.

Since Updating to a Pre2 with 2.1 (on Sprint) Flixter gives me an error that it cannot create a synergy calendar... Anyone with the same problem?
    Needs to be updated to use the new calendar api in 2.0.

Same with Fandango. And Yelp. And Where. And any other app you used that sent things to the calendar that hasn't be updated with 2.x support.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12