1.    #1  
    I reached out to shapeservices customer service a few weeks ago when I first bought my Pre and asked if IM+ was coming to the device. Love IM+ and use it often. The rep did confirm that it was in the works and would be coming to the Pre. Just thought I'd share.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Thanks pal. Good to know.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    great news thanks for sharing!!
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Seems redundant. Pre appears to have a great built-in im app unlike the iphone.
  5.    #5  
    Far from redundant. The I'm app on pre only allows aol and google. IM+ allows for basically all of the IM portal and several other features not in pre. Pre is great and I like the IM feature, but it's limited.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Great, thanks for sharing that!
    Number of Pre's in household: 2, one for my wife and one for myself.
    Follow me on Twitter @Nhyde
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waynew73 View Post
    Far from redundant. The I'm app on pre only allows aol and google. IM+ allows for basically all of the IM portal and several other features not in pre. Pre is great and I like the IM feature, but it's limited.
    You're right, but I would prefer to see additional service plugins to the native IM app.

This brings up an interesting question, though. How will IM+ integrate with SMS, or will it? I'm guessing not.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    this is great knowing that most of my contacts arent from my gmail account nor AIM.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    You're right, but I would prefer to see additional service plugins to the native IM app.

This brings up an interesting question, though. How will IM+ integrate with SMS, or will it? I'm guessing not.
    Actually, so would I, but there are also some advantages to the view the way IM+ presents. I am curious to see how they will deploy it. I would suspect as a phase I, they would likely just do a straight conversion of the application to work on WebOS, but if they actually do more, I would be pleasantly suprised.

Have a lot of faith in the Pre...I'm hoping more apps and more OS fixes/modifications come soon.
    Waynew73

awesome! i hope the price is right!
    i would think it would be a standalone app,as it is now,and not meshed into the sms,which is fine by me,thanks for the up on it
    So will IM+ sync up live/msn? I would like that..and a full Windows Live support so I c an get my hotmail as items arrive.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    i think it's a waste. Palm should just work on having more IM services integrated to their messaging app
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    i think it's a waste. Palm should just work on having more IM services integrated to their messaging app
    I hope Palm does too, but since this is a third-party vendor looking to put their app on the pre, it is nice to have choices.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I like options. Competition breeds better apps.
  16.    #16  
    Update: I just went and checked to see that IM+ for Skype is now showing on ShapeServices website as coming soon. Hooray! Now, I don't use the "for skype version" although it would be very handy for traveling in europe and using skype over wifi for calls...much clearer than using regular skype. The key thing I'm waiting for is regular IM+ All-In-One Mobile Messenger to be available.

Quote Originally Posted by justinsch3 View Post
    So will IM+ sync up live/msn? I would like that..and a full Windows Live support so I c an get my hotmail as items arrive.
    In answer to your question, IM+ does connect with Live/MSN. You can also connect with multiple accounts for the same IM app. For example, on my WM touchpro that I also carry for work (until they get the exchange-related formatting & calendar issues resolved), I have 3 hotmail/live accounts, 2 aol, and 1 Facebook. I can sign on to each individually, all at the same time, or combinations therein. It's really a great applicaiton with a lot of features.

I'm assuming that if the version for "skype only" is listed as coming soon, then the general "IM+ All-In-One Mobile Messenger" should be as well. When you go on the website, and you currently click on the pre as a device, it takes you back to the general app for iphone, WM, and BB only.
    Waynew73

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I just hope that if they do bring back MSN IM, that they make some sort of improvement to the battery life. If I leave my Google Chat logged on all day, my battery life gets DRAINED!!!