1.    #1  
    Just to let everyone know the AccuWeather app has an update availible now.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Does the accuweather app show the temperature / current conditions on the launcher icon?
    Quote Originally Posted by skaeight View Post
    Does the accuweather app show the temperature / current conditions on the launcher icon?
    No, but it does have an annoying pop out/pop in ad banner that sometimes displays ads and sometimes is blank.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    No, but it does have an annoying pop out/pop in ad banner that sometimes displays ads and sometimes is blank.
    Sounds great.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    i like it.... just wish the radar was in motion!! the colors look good on radar, but sure in the hell aint showing me where its going!!
    Accuweather is ok.. But I would prefer a weather channel app like my ipod touch. It has moving radars and scrolable maps so you can literaly scroll around the US and see the weather. Also has better weather alert system which would be cool on the pre! you could be notified anytime a warning is in effect, especially if it would be possible to give that notification a different tone then the normal notifications, somethin that would sound more like an urgent alert.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I don't get it.
    Why do people complain about this?

It doesn't even block the actual weather. It's just an advertisement that comes and goes. I hardly even notice it.
    What bugs me about the Accuweather app is that it doesn't update in the background. If it did, I'd keep it open all the time for a quick card-level view of current conditions. Given that it doesn't update automatically, and that I've actually not yet figured out how to update it without closing and reopening, I just don't use it.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    I don't get it.
    Why do people complain about this?
    Because some people find it annoying?

Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    It doesn't even block the actual weather. It's just an advertisement that comes and goes. I hardly even notice it.
    That's nice. Different strokes for different folks.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I tend to agree. Not a fan of ads in applications. I had just installed Viigo on my BB, and as soon as I saw it had ads, it was gone. I'd rather pay a little bit of money not to see ads, especially on a mobile device where real-estate is at a premium.