Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Skyfire for the Palm Pre anyone? I loved skyfire on my mogul, it would be awesome to see an app one day.
    I loved Skyfire on my Touch Pro, but IMO it seems unnecessary on the Pre. The built-in browser is much smoother, and Flash is coming fairly soon, so video capability will be there as well.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by ChillHill View Post
    Skyfire for the Palm Pre anyone? I loved skyfire on my mogul, it would be awesome to see an app one day.
    I would. The new version of skyfire ROCKS! They say that they are interested in the pre, but, i'm betting that given that palm will see it as a competing browser for theirs, we probably won't see anything until the sdk goes public.

Fwiw, I think that skyfire beats the pants off of any webkit browser. Not that in concept that it works any different, but because they are so responsive to their users. Last year, they took flash support off in one of their upgrades. The forum was crammed with complaints, and so they put up a poll. We were given about 5 choices of features we wanted, and flash got about 80% of the vote. 3 weeks later, we had flash again. Do we get that type of response from any business?

If I had any expertise at all that I thought skyfire would be interested in, I'd apply for a job there just to see how they work.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Webos browser is just fine, I would like for Palm to incorporate the way that skyfire implaments the use of flash, including using servers and such.

Webos with Flash in any form will surely open the webos browser experience to full browsing experience.