Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    3 great applications, once the Pre starts getting these apps, the phone will be better than the iphone!

http://www.theblimppilots.com/home/?page_id=5

Email The Blimp Pilots support@theblimppilots.com for applications like these...
    Last edited by imex99; 07/12/2009 at 01:43 AM.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Nice apps, anyone else use these?
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Is this a joke?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Better be. Not having these apps makes the Pre better than the iphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by wslowik View Post
    i agree
    this app is so useless
    worst than the frat apps
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wslowik View Post
    Whenever my father shows someone his phone and then want to see mine, they ask about the apps. I show them my homebrew apps and they ask where koi pond, skype, kindle and other apps are.

How is the PRE better without the koi pond and fart apps? Those apps are what drives the selling of millions of 3gs over couple hundred thousand for the PRE when released to the public. People want applications and if Palm doesn't expand the app catalog soon, they will lose more customers. I love my pre, I know apps are coming, just not fast enough!
    ^ wow
    Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    Whenever my father shows someone his phone and then want to see mine, they ask about the apps. I show them my homebrew apps and they ask where koi pond, skype, kindle and other apps are.

How is the PRE better without the koi pond and fart apps? Those apps are what drives the selling of millions of 3gs over couple hundred thousand for the PRE when released to the public. People want applications and if Palm doesn't expand the app catalog soon, they will lose more customers. I love my pre, I know apps are coming, just not fast enough!
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I agree to a degree. There are apps that do not provide any real value but do create a draw. Once the people are drawn in they get introduced to the less sexy apps that actually provide the real value. Koi pond is beautiful and it's the app that I show everyone on my iPod, it gets the ooh and ahs but after a while people will say "is that all it does". Likewise with Distant Shore, it's fun to hop on every once in awhile and talk to a random pen pal, it's an application to pass time, nothing more. But again people like the graphics. Another one along the same lines is Pocket God.

The constant flow of minimally used disposable apps keep you interested in the tool during the times that you are not using the higher value tools (phone, contacts, tasks, calendar, finance, travel, etc.,.) The more you have the tool out the more people see the tool and that drives interest and thus sales. However, it doesn't make the tool better or worse, just changes the perceived value.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Pathetic. One thread complains about the lack of apps, the other complains about stupid app ideas.

If you don't want the Koi app, don't download it. Tolerance is a wonderful solution to millions of problems.
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    good stuff
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Still hoping for these type applications...
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Um isn't the Pre itself koi pond? Maybe load active desktop when it comes out with a koi moving in the background :
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    We have a fish tank app but it's not in koi ponds league yet. Maybe with some updates....
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    just emailed the DEV this email:

Please develop an app for webOS and the Palm Pre.

Please view this link:*Palm to demo porting iPhone games to webOS 'in a matter of days' at GDC?

http://precentral.net/palm-demo-port...atter-days-gdc

Will post response...
    I personally would love to see a Distant Shore app. I know it doesn't do much, but isnt that the point of the app, just to pass the time?

i'm not sure if I agree with nhavar. when I see a friend's phone and find a cool app, I don't immediately want to go out and buy that phone.