Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
  1.    #81  
    Thanks for the feedback

Adding decimal points is a Floating Point function which is enabled for some fields but not all. Where the numeric input is an integer, a decimal point is not possible. If there is an error somewhere which requires decimal input please let me know

I am still not sure how "having it know when you need to enter numbers instead of having you symbol lock manually" will actually be implemented.
    At the moment if it is a numeric input I think you cannot type in any alphabets

I shall try to reshuffle to put the text entry boxes on the right hand side

GCS 15 - yup, will fix that description error

Yes ATP III is in my ToDo and if anyone can post as much information including links, that would help speed things up.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    thanks for the info

decimal points - needed especially for creatinine since the value is usually 0.5-2 or so. Here is a list I tried:

Creatinine Clearance - decimals not working, calculation ok
    FeNa - decimals not working, calculation ok

Decimal points are ok in the MELD, but I do not think it is working - i keep getting a MELD score of 6 no matter what i enter

i will send a PM with links to the ATP III documentation
    Would it be possible to see a nonpackaged form of the app...i'm new to the scene and was hoping to see some of the behind the scene stuff. I was then hoping to possible help out add some stuff like like psa score, timi, nexus, ottawa rules and some other em related
    Thank you very much... this is a great type of application to join the Pre fray!!

Much appreciated!
  5.    #85  
    Uploaded v 0.9.1 in the 1st post
    - text entry fields aligned right
    - GCS 15 now reports correctly

@jmelan
    - creatinine clearance units are in SI - no decimals required. Sorry I don't know yet how to set individual switches for SI<->US
    - FeNa - decimals are working for me in emulator
    - MELD score is working for me in the emulator

I am attaching v 0.9.2 in this post. The major change here is that ALL number fields have automatic NumLock so that you do not have to press the NumLock.
    I have also made more number field Floating Point entries rather than Integer entries.
    Please test and post feedback here as I am unsure the Emulator experience is different from that of a real Palm Pre. If there are no major issues I'll update the 1st post in due time.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by palmdoc2005; 08/03/2009 at 08:32 AM.
    meld score appears to work for me. It gives different meld scores upon different data points entered. I have not actually used this in clinical practice as I have not needed to thus far (since this program has had this feature). I will keep you updated on it. Thanks for making the text fields to the right, it is much easier. However, this may be preferential, but is there anyway to make the values entered be located to the far right rather than the middle of the screen. It will go to the far right after I hit enter but it is kinda weird......

for example, the text entry looks like this-
    Serum Creatinine [2.4 ------EMPTY SPACE----------]

I think it would look better like-
    Serum Creatinine [----EMPTY SPACE---- 2.4]

After ENTER key is pushed-
    Serum Creatinine [----EMPTY SPACE---- 2.4]

but i do like how you can click anywhere to the right of the data entry value and still be able to enter the value(indicated by brackets [] above) However, i am not sure if changing the format my way would cause some conflict here.

I know it is kinda of confusing to explain but hope I did ok and you understand me. GREAT work on the numlock. it is so much easier to use now.
  7.    #87  
    I know what you mean about the input going to the left, then aligning right. It's weird.
    I am trying to figure out how to enter it so that it starts at the right.
    I believe there is a Mojo.Widget.TextField method which allows this -
    setCursorPosition start, end
    but I am not sure how to set this
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    thanks for the update to the field entry!! the num lock is great as well.

still no luck with the MELD score, unless i check off dialyzed - without dialyzed checked i always get 6. with it checked i get different values.

Hey, wow, thanks!

I downloaded and messed with the MELD module, mostly by checking it against the online calculator from UNOS.

The only bug that I see is that there seems to be some inconsistency with handling values <1 (all my testing was in U.S. units).

For instance:

INR/Bili/Cr = 1/1/1 => MELD = 6 for both you and UNOS (correct)
    if you drop one to below 1:
    INR/Bili/Cr = 0.5/1/1 => 6 for both you and UNOS (correct)

But if you do:
    INR/Bili/Cr = 1/2/2 => 21 for both (good)
    but again drop bili:
    INR/Bili/Cr = 0.5/2/2 => 21 for UNOS (correct), 18 for Premedi (incorrect)

So something's funny with the business about the lower-bound being 1 for each lab value.

Again, thanks a lot!
    @jmelan: the system defaults to s.i. units. I'll bet you're putting in U.S. units (mg/dl) with the switch set to s.i. This would give the result you describe.
    very interesting app
  12.    #92  
    @grichard. I see what you mean. The "bug" is actually a feature in the sense that it was computing the original MELD score whereas you were computing the UNOS variation.

The original score is computed online here:
    MELD

The UNOS variant here:
    The MELD Model, UNOS Modification

Is it correct to say that the UNOS one is more popular?

Anyway I have added a list selector for one to choose which MELD scoring system to use and it defaults to UNOS

The updated version is now v 0.93 attached as a Zip file here (you have to unzip it as mods have disabled ipk files in preparation for something BIG soon)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by palmdoc2005; 08/04/2009 at 05:41 PM.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Disabling ipk...doesn't that stop filecoaster capabilities? Anyways thanks for the ongoing work palmdoc. I saw a post earlier calling for med students to review. I am a 3rd yr student and have your app installed. I have yet to have to use anything but that is because I am on my surgery rotation. I will be doing some weeks in shock trauma though and I bet your glascow coma scale will come in handy. Keep up the great work!!
  14.    #94  
    Ah I think Dieter has enabled the Homebrew Catalogue now

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/premedi

<shameless canvassing>
    Please cast your vote for my app!
    Twitter about it!
    Spread the word!
    </shameless canvassing>
    This is great! May I suggest adding metabolic/respiratory acid base disorder calculations? For bonus points maybe a field where you indicate if the problem is chronic or acute, since that could affect things as well.
    Re MELD: Ah--I hadn't noticed that this was a UNOS/not difference. I would say that more people are generally interested in calculating the UNOS one, but it may be my own experience speaking.

The traditional MELD is the one that was shown to be prognostic of survival. The UNOS variant determines your actual priority in getting a transplant.

If you have covered both, then that's the best possible solution. Thanks again!
  17.    #97  
    I shall be adding one more module soon but here's the thing, I would need help if this project were to speed up as there is so much to do and so little time.

I am appealing to medical people out there with experience in HTML, Javascript and CSS coding who would be willing to contribute enhancing the app and adding more modules. Contributors should be registered with developer.palm.com and have downloaded and got the WebOS SDK running.
    If anyone is interested please email me palmdocATgmailDOTcom
    or follow me on Twitter and send me a Tweet
    I shall be happy to coordinate the efforts of all contributors who will be acknowledged as co-authors of the project
  18.    #98  
    Update
    - added Apgar score
    - now v 1.0.0b with 10 modules

Still looking for volunteer co-authors
    hey palmdoc,

apgar now added seems to be functioning correctly. However, there is an aesthetic flaw. the dropdown menus dont have a divider between the choices after the first choice. I don't really care about it as it doesn't change the functionality but thought i'd point it out if you were interested in changing it. again i commend you. awesome work......
  20.    #100  
    Thanks for pointing that out. I am not sure why the dividers are not showing. The structure is exactly the same as the GCS one which does show the dividers.
    Maybe there is a bug in WebOS or something very subtly wrong with the code.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast