Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1.    #61  
    New version up with FrENa.
    Some bugs:
    Can't get the line break displaying correctly in the emulator - <br/> shows up instead.

I would like to set a drop down list for switching units e.g. from mg/dl to mmol/l etc.
    I am not sure how to do this
    My guess is to set a mojo List widget and selecting it will set a constant for unit conversion. Anyone got some tips/hints?
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    The thread title is updated to reflect the new version.
    PreMedi v 0.6.0 [was v0.5.0] (7/29)

- Craig
  3.    #63  
    Thanks. Can anyone with a Pre tell me if the line breaks are showing up correctly or is <br/> displayed instead when the Result is obtained using the FrENa module?
  4.    #64  
    Just uploaded v 0.61 with the <BR/> bug corrected. Thanks Janni! (roar)
    hey palmdoc... Thanks for making this program awesome. I appreciate the time and effort you are putting into this. Hope you keep making great changes.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    thanks for making this. Hopefully this will inspire big developers like skyscape and epocrates to get some of their own programs to WebOS
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by navoid View Post
    thanks for making this. Hopefully this will inspire big developers like skyscape and epocrates to get some of their own programs to WebOS
    You know, I am just concerned while Classic is a good stop-gap measure, it may make the big developers "lazy" and take their time porting their apps to WebOS
    Great app, palmdoc. I have a thought or suggestion (not so much a request as I'm not sure I'll use it that much). I was measuring an infants resp rate today, and thought it'd be nice to have an rpm/bpm app. The user presses the front round button or spacebar for every breath/heart beat and the app automatically begins counting to 6 or 15 or 60 sec. That way the user only has to conentrate on counting the RR or HR and the app will autumatically calculate. The phone could even vibrate when the time interval is up.
    Great app; thanks.

A while back I posted a (...somewhat obscure...) request for a MELD score calculator. You had asked, in general, for formulas and references. I still realize that this is only of interest to people concerned with liver failure, but the formula is:

Model for Endstage Liver Disease (MELD) score:

= 0.957 * ln(creatinine mg/dl) +
    0.378 * ln(blilrubin, mg/dl) +
    1.120 * ln(INR) +

-The resulting number is multiplied by 10 and rounded to the nearest integer.
    -Lab values less than 1 are entered as 1 (i.e. no negative terms to the equation).
    -Creatinine > 4 is capped at 4. Patients on hemodialysis are entered at a Cr of 4, so to be strictly correct one would need a "pt on dialysis?" checkbox.

I don't believe this system will let me post a link, but to see the documentation, just google on "meld calculator" and follow the first link to UNOS's website.
  10.    #70  
    @grichard - MELD score is in the todo list
    @doctorbri - nice idea but this would be a separate app I think
    Updated thread title to:
    PreMedi v 0.6.1 [was v0.6.0] (7/29)

Wow. Six applications in one.

- Craig
  12.    #72  
    @grichard - App updated with MELD score module
    Feedback appreciated
  13.    #73  
    Uploaded v 0.9.0
    - Glasgow Coma Scale
    - Apache II score

I have now put in some global variables so you don't have to re-enter height, weight for BMI, BSA,IBW

If you calculate the A-a gradient and the GCS, the values will be automatically added into the Apache II form

There might be bugs in the Apache II since it is quite complicated. Please try, test and provide feedback.

TQ
    Last edited by palmdoc2005; 08/02/2009 at 05:04 PM.
    palmdoc, you accepting donations? if so please post a link and ill happily buy you a brew for the work! thanks again!
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I'm a physician, this is a good app. I am so waiting for a native medical app on the Pre, but this is a great.
    Cool app - as a medical student, this may be useful. I'm still waiting for a proper medical app since I don't want to buy classic just for epocrates.
  17.    #77  
    @huynhc thanks for the beer offer but no donations requested at this point in time

I'm glad that folks find it useful. I am doing this as a learning exercise, getting to know WebOS and the Pre, at least on the emulator. I don't have a Palm Pre since the GSM version has not yet been released, but expect that when I get my hands on one, development will slow down

What I would appreciate is if you early physician/medical student Pre adopters could please provide me feedback with a brief user experience on how you find this app, and also how you find the Pre in general in your daily work/routine.

@Xervious, I think Palm should work hard with Epocrates to get a native WebOS version out ASAP. I fear Classic may be just a lazy excuse for some of the major software vendors not to quickly port their application to WebOS.
    While Classic is a great app, I understand some would not want to part with $30 if they are just going to run Epocrates or one or two other medical apps.
    The temporary workaround is to access Epocrates mobile though there may be a problem with a “welcome” box due to the End-User-License-Agreement (EULA). Please see this post for a solution.
    Thanks. Thought I'd provide feedback on the apache portion. It would be more useful (at least for right handed people) for the data entry to be on the right. Also having it know when you need to enter numbers instead of having you symbol lock manually. I will play with more of it aas time goes on. Thanks again for the app. Can't wait to see more.
    I didn't really look at everything but checked out BMI and GCS, very nice!

But technically everyone has minor brain injury according to your GCS of 15 (perfect/normal)....so this should be edited.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    wow, just checked back and there has been many additions - thanks!!

any update on the ATP III cholesterol algorithm? I can provide information on it if necessary

also, maybe i'm missing something, but i can't seem to enter decimal points
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast