Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    I know you've changed the name a few times already but the current one gave me an idea.

PreMed
    PreMedic

The IBW doesn't take into account the body frame. I know BMI doesn't either but I think it's a better estimate. I'm not saying that the IBW should be excluded from this app as many health care practitioners still use it for something. Until it's no longer widely used, I think it's very appropriate to have it.

Have you considered including Mifflin-St. Joer or Harris Benedict or any other the other widely used equations for estimated energy needs? Each one has a different purpose depending on the patient. THey would be great to include.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    This addition will benefit a few users and many patients. I believe its a very simple calculation and quite similiar to what you have done already.

I make helmets to remold the shape of childrens heads and i have to calculate two ratios.
    1. Cephalic Ratio (ML or width /AP or length) in millimeters
    135mm / 140mm =96.42% Cephalic Ratio

2. Cranial Vault Asymmetry Index (CVAI) which consists of a ratio between two diagonal length measurments in millimeters.
    Diag big-diag small/diag big*100= CVAI
    145-140mm=5mm/145=.0344*100=3.44% CVAI

If you could make a screen that i had to input ML & AP and it would calculate the cephalic ratio, and below that enter the two diagonals and it would calculate the CVAI. Well then i would just be the coolest Prosthetist/Orthotist on the planet. (it would save me time too)

I wish i could write this myself, and its more interesting to me too, but i cant. If your interested let me know, and if you want it to be more involved i can give you much more detail and further things to calculate. Maybe you can market it to my field too.

Hope your interested, and sorry if this violates your thread, but your app looked the most similiar and appropriate.

thanks a wish-i-could-dev
  3.    #43  
    OK Mike - this one is for you:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...o-v-0-1-a.html

Thanks to all for their suggestions.
    However, I would appreciate a little more help e.g. pointers to the actual formula/reference.
    As there were two requests for A-a gradient, I'd like to add that next but can anyone help with the actual formula? (I don't use it in my practice)
    I could research it but I think a little group effort here would be nice and it would save me time.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    WOW that was fast. I've tried it and it works great...Now i've got an App for that. For those interested check out the thread specifically for Cranio. Thanks palmdoc2005 I will be using this tool daily. Hey we got a new App for the Homebrews too!

Just curious how long did it take you to actually create this App?
  5.    #45  
    PreMedi is actually based on a Mojo/WebOS framework developed for another medical app I am working on with Janni Kovacs (roar in this forum). Janni has cleverly made the framework quite simple so that there is less Mojo-esque code to type in. In fact one can just concentrate mainly on the Javascript, which I am slowly getting the hang of.
    Medical calculator apps are really quite basic since there are no complex graphics routines and the general structue is:
    1) Input variables (text box, drop down list, check box etc)
    2) Perform calculation
    3) Output result

So in answer to your question, it probably took me all in all about an hour to port over to Cranio.
    There was a bug somewhere which troubled me but the problem is my eyesight as I could not pick out the ( which should have been a {
    Janni came to the rescue once again so if not for him you would not get Cranio

If there were a proper debugger tool, I think the WebOS SDK would be more friendly for noobs like me. Anyway I believe the SDK will improve with time and soon anyone interested can easily code apps for their own work.

Another module I am thinking of adding is the ATP III cholesterol algorithm. That might come before the A-a one as I use that alot in my practice (Statcoder's Cholesterol PalmOS app)
    I love this.

So all I have to do to input 5"11 is just times 12 by 5 and add 11, to get the inches right?

I'm pretty sure but just wanted to double check. Is that how your app works, total inches?
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by MOE-GUNZ View Post
    I love this.

So all I have to do to input 5"11 is just times 12 by 5 and add 11, to get the inches right?

I'm pretty sure but just wanted to double check. Is that how your app works, total inches?

Yes that's right, and I'm pretty sure most Palm Pre people won't need an app for that (maybe the iPhone folks would )
    A-a gradient:

PAO2 = ( FiO2 * (760 - 47)) - (PaCO2 / 0.8)

A-a gradient = PAO2 - PaO2

(from the online calculator here):
    Alveolar-arterial Gradient
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by victoras View Post
    A-a gradient:

PAO2 = ( FiO2 * (760 - 47)) - (PaCO2 / 0.8)

A-a gradient = PAO2 - PaO2

(from the online calculator here):
    Alveolar-arterial Gradient
    Thanks for the link. I've added the A-a module but there's a bug and I really can't spot it. Have emailed Janni for help. When it's debugged will put up the new version.
    I think the WebOS SDK could do with a good debugging utility
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    I think I neat idea could be adding a health monitor for someone running. I don't remember how it works but I was thinking it would be related to the motion of the person and the Pre would use its accelerometer for that or gps location tracking and a stopwatch built in.

just throwin that out there
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    program looks great - i hate using epocrates on classic

i would like to put in another vote for the MELD score and FeNa and add a request of my own:

include framingham score report in the ATP III cholesterol algorithm output

thanks!!
  12.    #52  
    OK, latest version with A-a gradient calculator in the updated 1st post.
    Best chance of getting your suggestions included in the next modules would be to:

1) post links to references
    2) post the formula/algorithm
    as that would save me time

TQ
    Last edited by palmdoc2005; 07/27/2009 at 09:32 PM.
    Thanks for the A-a gradient....

FeNa?

Fractional Excretion of Sodium (FENa) = (PCr * UNa ) / (PNa x UCr) %
    Prerenal Intrinsic Renal Postrenal
    UNa (mmol/L) <20 >40 >40
    FENa <1% >1% >4%

Prerenal: Anything that causes decreased effective renal perfusion: Hypovolemia, CHF, Renal Artery Stenosis, Sepsis, etc. Remember, contrast-induced nephropathy will often look pre-renal.

Intrinsic Renal: ATN, AIN, Glomerulonephritides, etc

Postrenal: Obstruction (BPH, bladder stone, bilateral ureter obstruction)
    I would enjoy this hypo/hypernatremia calculation like the one found here: MedCalc: Hyponatremia & Hypernatremia
  15.    #55  
    The FeNa looks doable. I'll see what I can do.
    How do I install the Premedi? Its a ipk file. I am not familiar with this type of file. Thank you for any help/support
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by lwbrock31 View Post
    How do I install the Premedi? Its a ipk file. I am not familiar with this type of file. Thank you for any help/support
    Hi - read the "sticky" threads in the Homebrew section, in particular these:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/ho...ll-v1-0-a.html
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/ho...installer.html

which document clearly two methods to do so .
    being in the ICU, this would be great if it is at all possible....

Apache II
  19.    #59  
    I have added FENa but getting a "white screen of death" on the emulator
    Will try to debug and see where I went wrong before I yell for help....
  20.    #60  
    I have added FENa but getting a "white screen of death" on the emulator
    Will try to debug and see where I went wrong before I yell for help....
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast