1.    #1  
    Is it Just me or am i expecting something out of the app Pandora that i shouldnt be:

I try to seach a specific song in Pandora, But never actually land on that song. It gives me the same artist, SOMETIMES, others times it gives me songs that it feels that are "related" to my search. I have deleted the app and re-downloaded it, and tried again. Maybe im expected something out of the app that it wasnt designed for.. idk.
    I have tried this with several songs, as a test i tested very popular songs also (same result).

My question basically is if i can search and listen to a specific song..? Beacuse I seem to not be able to which i find silly (given the search bar).
    That's not how Pandora works. You type in an artist, album, or song name and Pandora plays songs similar to whatever you typed in (based on various factors).
    I think this will answer your question:

Q: What is Pandora?

Pandora is a music discovery service designed to help you enjoy music you already know, and to help you discover new music you'll love.

It's powered by the most comprehensive analysis of music ever undertaken, the Music Genome Project: a crazy project started back in early 2000 to capture the complex musical DNA of songs using a large team of highly-trained musicians.

Just tell us one of your favorite songs or artists and we'll launch a streaming station to explore that part of the musical universe.

(Pandora FAQ)

It doesn't let you find a specific song necessarily, but rather songs that are similar. It is supposed to help you find related music that may interest you.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I'd also add that Pandora, as an internet radio service - is not allowed to provide you with instant access to a specific song. It might come up on your user-created station at some point but not when you first ask for it.
    I highly recommend you go to pandora.com and customize your stations there. Changes you make online show up the next time your run it on your phone.

You "seed" your station with various artists and songs and it gives you music that matches. The more you customize, the better matches you'll get. I didn't know about Pandora until I downloaded it for the Pre. It's way better when you customize it properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidOneill137 View Post
    Is it Just me or am i expecting something out of the app Pandora that i shouldnt be:

I try to seach a specific song in Pandora, But never actually land on that song. It gives me the same artist, SOMETIMES, others times it gives me songs that it feels that are "related" to my search. I have deleted the app and re-downloaded it, and tried again. Maybe im expected something out of the app that it wasnt designed for.. idk.
    I have tried this with several songs, as a test i tested very popular songs also (same result).

My question basically is if i can search and listen to a specific song..? Beacuse I seem to not be able to which i find silly (given the search bar).
    David, I believe that LastFM supports this capability, but am not sure if you can run it on the Pre, try accessing LastFM.com and see if you can get it to work.

Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldweasel View Post
    David, I believe that LastFM supports this capability, but am not sure if you can run it on the Pre, try accessing LastFM.com and see if you can get it to work.

Good luck!
    Yes, Last.FM seems to start with that song and then continue ala Pandora. I think they have a slightly better selection of some more obscure artists that I don't get with Pandora. Sometime it is fun to fine that weird Gem you never knew existed.
  8.    #8  
    Thankyou guys, haha i get it now. I'll try out lastfm and customizing my station on their website. Thanks!

Edit: I spent about an hour with the app, thankyou for the advice on customizing my station, I really enjoy this application now.
    Last edited by DavidOneill137; 07/10/2009 at 10:13 PM.