1.    #1  
    Seeing new Spaz, Tweed, Accuweather.
    I just noticed this as well... downloading.

I tested the Accuweather out and that stupid slide out bar now has advertisements. Well.. I they seem to only be loading once in a while. Sometimes it still slides out blank. lol

I wonder how many of the apps are going to shove advertisements in our direction. I really do not want to see this on the weather app.
    Last edited by arch3d; 07/09/2009 at 02:53 PM.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Confirmed. Thanks! I'll be interested to see what the updates to Accuweather are.
    Accuweather needs to make the dobler screen show the motion of the storm...until they do this, I have to say that it's not much use.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mehmeh View Post
    Accuweather needs to make the dobler screen show the motion of the storm...until they do this, I have to say that it's not much use.
    Yep. Radar without motion is useless as a weather predicting tool. Not seeing any functional changes to Accuweather.

Tweed added some nice features. Configurable timelines to watch. Nice to turn on DMs and Mentions without having to "watch" the main feed. In addition to fixing some bugs, looks like. Some new button looks in message scene.

Spaz added timeline text sizes and scroll to 1st new option. Looks like twitpic is added in preferences... Yep and attach image is a button. Looks like Spaz is first out of the gate with TwitPic support.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Yep. Radar without motion is useless as a weather predicting tool. Not seeing any functional changes to Accuweather.

Tweed added some nice features. Configurable timelines to watch. Nice to turn on DMs and Mentions without having to "watch" the main feed. In addition to fixing some bugs, looks like. Some new button looks in message scene.

Spaz added timeline text sizes and scroll to 1st new option. Looks like twitpic is added in preferences... Yep and attach image is a button. Looks like Spaz is first out of the gate with TwitPic support.
    This is huge!!! Damn.. I'm gonna have to try Spaz now....
  7.    #7  
    Looks like Spaz supports yfrog, twitgoo, twitpic, and tweetphoto.

Couple more steps. But it works pretty well.

Select Photo. Opens typical Photo Selector.

Now the tweet button is replaced with a Send Email button. Opens formatted email and just click send airplane. About as nice as can be done without a file upload interface.
    Quick heads up: Accuweather stopped working for me after the update. The little circle would just spin around and around, and then after about two minutes, it would say "Network Connection Error".

Rebooting the Pre didn't help. I managed to solve the problem by deleting the app, and re-downloading it. That did the trick.
    Quote Originally Posted by arch3d View Post
    I tested the Accuweather out and that stupid slide out bar now has advertisements. Well.. I they seem to only be loading once in a while. Sometimes it still slides out blank. lol

I wonder how many of the apps are going to shove advertisements in our direction. I really do not want to see this on the weather app.
    It's had ads since day 1. I'm guessing this is how Accuweather keeps the app free.

One of the questions I have is, how does Spaz know what email address to send your picture to? For example, for TwitPic, your email address is TwitterUsername.PIN at twitpic.com. Does it ask you to put in the details?
    Last edited by BlaqkAudio; 07/09/2009 at 03:55 PM.
    Accuweather sucks with the ads. Other apps are free right now without ads, why does Accuweather need them? I'm just fine with the Weather Channel mobile website, it works well.

Come on Palm with the new apps already, this is getting ridiculous.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaqkAudio View Post
    It's had ads since day 1. I'm guessing this is how Accuweather keeps the app free.

One of the questions I have is, how does Spaz know what email address to send your picture to? For example, for TwitPic, your email address is TwitterUsername.PIN@twitpic.com. Does it ask you to put in the details?
    Yes. It shows the email you are sending to with your username and just XXXX in place of the Pin. Also links to TwitPic website so you can retrieve it the first time.
    I'm also seeing that LikeMe Mobile has an update also.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    2 questions...

#1 when I type a comment after adding a pic, it does not update the character counter. Happening for everyone or just me?

#2 how long does twitpic take to post a pic? I sent one out over an hour ago and it still isn't there.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I don't get it.
    What's so bad about advertisements?
    Especially on AccuWeather, where it's just a tiny little bar that shows up sometimes. It doesn't even get in the way AT ALL.

You guys whine a lot.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by tasdad View Post
    #1 when I type a comment after adding a pic, it does not update the character counter. Happening for everyone or just me?
    Nope. That is a bug. I get that as well. Although you don't want to push it, because the link will take space.

Quote Originally Posted by tasdad View Post
    #2 how long does twitpic take to post a pic? I sent one out over an hour ago and it still isn't there.
    Mine posted in about 5 minutes. Most likely a hold up on your email send from your server. Or you got the TwitPic email wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    I don't get it.
    What's so bad about advertisements?
    Especially on AccuWeather, where it's just a tiny little bar that shows up sometimes. It doesn't even get in the way AT ALL.

You guys whine a lot.
    They are just annoying. Flying in an out. And until the radar moves, it is pretty much useless except for temperature forecasts. If I need to pay $6 a year for a good app and moving radar, I'd do it. But this radar is just to be pretty.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    A great source for weather and radar is the weather channel inside sprint tv. Its included in your data package and gets updated throughout the day. Its a pretty good service and compared to my old bb, it loads really fast on the pre so check it out.
    im okay with ads on free apps. they have to make money somehow, but i will agree that the accu weather way of doing it is annoying. maybe this is just easier to rotate the adds?

some ppl are saying its just easier to email the pic with email than going through the spaz way of doing it.

#app31 still no where in site. ;(
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    You can hide ads on AccuWeather application by adding couple of lines to the main.css stylesheet located below.

/var/usr/palm/applications/com.accuweather.palm/stylesheets/main.css

Add "display: none;" to the following two classes to hide the ad-banner: #adspace and #adbutton

So these two classes after modifications would look like...

#adspace {
    z-index:888;
    height:50px;
    overflow:hidden;
    width: 320px;
    background-color:#666666;
    position: fixed;
    top: 320px;
    left: -300px;
    float:left;
    line-height:20px;
    padding: 0 0 0 0;
    display: none;
    }

#adbutton {
    text-align:center;
    line-height:46px;
    height:48px;
    width: 18px;
    border: solid 1px white;
    background-color: #333333;
    float:right;
    display: none;
    }

Last edited by v120.vantage; 07/15/2009 at 07:44 AM. Reason: removed attached doc