Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Well folks, it's not MLB At Bat, but this is a real start! When I transfered over to Pre from my BlackBerry, I was disappointed that I couldn't get Gameday Audio to work. Well, it looks like in the last few days they've updated mobile premium to work with the Pre's browser, and it's fantastic!

Features:
    • Live pitch-by-pitch, NO REFRESHING
    • In depth play by play details, pitch informaiton, stats
    • Video highlights as they happen
    • GAMEDAY AUDIO for both teams, every game.

I'm pretty excited about this...just go to mlb.com on your phone. It should show a banner for it at the top of the screen. At the bottom are a few screenshots I took. The video looks great..for some reason it only let me screenshot with the video in card view...just comes up black when it's full screen. (far better res than it was on my blackberry), and the gameday audio loads quick. The pitch by pitch system is far better than it was on the old Gameday Mobile.

The audio streams are very clear, and sound good when connected to my stereo via the headphone jack! A great way to listen to games out of market!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Loving the Pre...
    Follow me on Twitter
    well glad pre finally got one more app a whole month after launch. Problem: I hate baseball.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    well glad pre finally got one more app a whole month after launch. Problem: I hate baseball.
    It's not an app, but just a Pre-formatted website.
    I was glad to see that as well. I noted when I signed up, and someone else noted in another thread, that the audio takes over the pre and prevents you from doing anything else. Is that still the case?
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treowalt View Post
    I was glad to see that as well. I noted when I signed up, and someone else noted in another thread, that the audio takes over the pre and prevents you from doing anything else. Is that still the case?
    Unfortunately the audio comes up in the video player app, so when you change apps it pauses it automatically. I haven't been able to find a work around just yet, but it would behoove palm to add a "play in background" option to the player.
    Loving the Pre...
    Follow me on Twitter
    Mlb now works in the background posting and listening to met game
    Am I missing something on the pricing here? 3.5 months left of baseball, round up to 4, times $3/mo = $12 total...or you can pay $14.99 immediately for access the rest of the year?
    Quote Originally Posted by clogoodie View Post
    Am I missing something on the pricing here? 3.5 months left of baseball, round up to 4, times $3/mo = $12 total...or you can pay $14.99 immediately for access the rest of the year?
    I guess it's possible they might continue to charge you $2.99/month during the off-season too. (If that's the case the per-season deal might still be better.) Can somebody please clarify how this works?

-- thanks, Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    An article has been posted on PreCentral:
    http://www.precentral.net/mlb-pre-pr...rvice-launched

(It doesn't answer the question of whether $2.99/month is also billed in the off-season or not.) If someone wants to email or call, here's the info:

> I have a question about my bill. What should I do?
    > Call or email MLB.com customer support.
    > E-mail:csresponse@website.mlb.com Customer Support toll-free number:
    > 866-800-1275
    > International callers can dial: 512-434-1542
    > Hours of Operation (Billing and off season): Monday - Friday, 9am - 6pm ET

EDIT: I just sent an email off to them asking this question. (I'll post any answer that I receive.)
    Last edited by sudoer; 07/13/2009 at 11:27 AM.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by clogoodie View Post
    MLB gives you the option to choose season-long access or single-month access to it's online material. At this time of year, the better option is single month.
    Quote Originally Posted by semprini View Post
    MLB gives you the option to choose season-long access or single-month access to it's online material. At this time of year, the better option is single month.
    I guess the way they worded the release suggested that the $14.99 price was already a reduced 'rest-of-season' price and that the full year price in 2010 would be something else entirely.

Regardless, I'll be checking this out after the all-star break. Hoping for a dedicated app by next year though...
    Having a dedicated app like the iphone is something I also look forward to in 2010. The iphone app also has the unique feature of streaming complete live game video for two games/day (have to be outside blackout area), which is a great feature.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    The gameday audio is not working on my pre.I get the error message can not play. Any ideas on how to fix?
    Quote Originally Posted by dagold View Post
    The gameday audio is not working on my pre.I get the error message can not play. Any ideas on how to fix?
    It worked for me during the All Star Game, but now I'm getting the same message.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    just a thing i found on this app.........if u tap on the diamond next to the score u get a ballfield view with current players and baserunners
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    It's totally outrageous that this is not free to MLB.com premium customers who are paying $19.95/month for HD video, audio, gameday premium, archives, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    It's totally outrageous that this is not free to MLB.com premium customers who are paying $19.95/month for HD video, audio, gameday premium, archives, etc.

exactly, now iphone and ipof d touch users can use their mlb.tv account to watch any live tv games not in their black out zones.

on twitter i asked them:

confusedgeek@MLB Great for apple users, but how about the rest of us who have other mobile devices. Why do we have to pay extra when we pay for mlb.tv?
    they responded via direct message:

MLBwe don't make the devices. hopefully others will catch up to apple. we play the games.
    then me:

confusedgeek@MLB Wtf? I didnt ask you to make devices. I asked you why ppl with #BB and #pre have to pay for mobile premium when they pay for mlb.tv?

uhg.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by leez View Post
    Unfortunately the audio comes up in the video player app, so when you change apps it pauses it automatically. I haven't been able to find a work around just yet, but it would behoove palm to add a "play in background" option to the player.
    Looks like the audio now comes thru a "streaming audio" browser link that you can run in the background!!! Woohoo!
    Still don't think you get your phone calls and email, etc though as I haven't been interrupted during the games and get a sleuth of emails after I stop streaming.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I already subscribe to Gameday Audio. I could understand paying for a mobile service if it offered more than simply audio. However, I listen to only one game at a time and should not have to pay double to have the option to choose which device to use.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast