Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello,

Anyone have any idea what the pricing will be on the app store?? I see that missing sync will be charging $40 for their software for the pre.

Are the apps going to be that expensive. Apple's app store is so cheap.

Lucy
    I think at this point nobody really knows
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    $40 for missing sync lmfao good luck to them....
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    $40 for missing sync lmfao good luck to them....
    They'll sell plenty. I would have bought it in a heartbeat had I kept my Pre. Let me guess... you're between the ages of 16-22?
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    $40 wow are you serious?!
    where did you here that?
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    The Spaz developer: "Our plan is to charge $3 for the 1.0 version."
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    ABBlockhead -- well said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    $40 wow are you serious?!
    where did you here that?
    You can buy it on the Missing Sync's website: Keep your life in sync with The Missing Sync for Palm Pre from MarkSpace

Looks like the beta expires on the 18th.
    Apps will be on par with iPhone apps or cheaper.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Guish View Post
    Apps will be on par with iPhone apps or cheaper.
    Are you a programmer who has apps listed in the App Catalog?

Or... an exec at Palm who has a vested interest in the guidelines for pricing?

Or are you just a fanboy who thinks he's got it all figured out?

I think it's C....
    40 bucks is a bit much. 10 bucks is about right for that software.
    The Missing Sync thing is a special case as it's more than just a Pre app, but desktop software as well. And well Classic is also a special case because you're basically buying a whole OS with that app. I think WebOS apps will average around $3-5.
    will they change the store to show how much they cost? I can't tell how much any of the apps cost as it is now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug30 View Post
    will they change the store to show how much they cost? I can't tell how much any of the apps cost as it is now.
    The store is in beta at the moment so no apps have a price yet or any transaction system in place yet. When it leaves beta we will be able to see prices just like when Android store left beta.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    They'll sell plenty. I would have bought it in a heartbeat had I kept my Pre. Let me guess... you're between the ages of 16-22?

Actually no I'm 30 and find the software offers nothing special that anyone capable of using a computer can do without spending $40... It does nothing special $20 sounds about right... but $40 I think not
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    One thing to keep in mind for those of you griping about prices is that not every app for the Palm is going to be under $5. Yes, a majority of them are, but also a majority of them are fairly minor as far as programming time and effort. Even the iPhone has some expensive apps that cost a lot more than $5.

Check out The Most Expensive iPhone Apps (worth paying for) | Edible Apple

Until you see a real app show up that costs over $900, you can't say that the apple app store is cheaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    Are you a programmer who has apps listed in the App Catalog?

Or... an exec at Palm who has a vested interest in the guidelines for pricing?

Or are you just a fanboy who thinks he's got it all figured out?

I think it's C....
    I bet you're fun at parties.

If you pay attention to how ANYTHING is priced, you'd agree. Let me know after a few dozen apps get priced if they're more than 10% off iPhone app prices.

It doesn't take a fanboy to make an educated guess.
    Last edited by Guish; 07/10/2009 at 12:21 PM.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I bet you're fun at parties.

If you pay attention to how ANYTHING is priced, you'd agree. Let me know after a few dozen apps get priced if the're more than 10% off iPhone app prices.
    Welcome to the forums... I see you're new here. I'd be happy to show you around...

Anything I can help you with, just let me know.

As for pricing... I run a business. I'd be happy to let you know how I price my services. $0.99 for a worthless app is a waste of $0.99. I'd gladly pay $100 for an app that improves my business efficiency, because that's all about money. The reason why Apps from Apple's store are so cheap is well... they don't really serve a useful business function... so people are unwilling to pay for them. THAT is what it comes down to... oh.. and that Apple has targeted the age demographic of 16-25, who most likely are still living off mom and dad... of course they're not going to pay for apps.
    @akula34:

So it sounds like you agree with me and were just givng me some hazing. Thanks!

Are you saying there are zero apps on the iPhone that are useful and cost more than $5? I never said that, I believe I used the phrase on par. That (to me) carries the implication that the app is comparable as well.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    @akula34:

So it sounds like you agree with me and were just givng me some hazing. Thanks!

Are you saying there are zero apps on the iPhone that are useful and cost more than $5? I never said that, I believe I used the phrase on par. That (to me) carries the implication that the app is comparable as well.
    I'm saying that any app priced less than $5, unless it's a utility app (blinking lights, customization, etc.) is probably not worth looking at. You get what you pay for. $0.99 doesn't get you much....

I'd rather have a developer create a great app, price it at $9.99 or more and SUPPORT THE APP. That's why old Palm OS developers did. Look at why PimlicoSoft chose to do... Chattermail... no one complained about paying $40 for those apps...

You will not see those developers choose to develop for the Pre. Who wants to put all that time and effort, price your app at $0.99 and deal with support issues? I woudn't want to...

Pay to Play... The App Catalog is going to be filled with CRAP just like the App Store if they price them around App Store prices...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast