Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Im an avid user of Meebo so I decided to ask them whats up w/ their dev team creating someting for us WebOS users. This is what i got:

"Thanks for contacting Meebo support! Meebo is currently not compatible with smartphones, PDAs or other windows mobile phones. It is only compatible with the iPhone, iPOD Touch and Android. It's been a popular request and we do have it on our to-do list. We don't have a definite timeline for it, but hopefully we'll be able to offer a "Meebo mobile" version sometime in the future. We will add your vote to the list
    Let us know if you have any additional suggestions for new features or improvements to Meebo - the feedback we receive helps direct our development, so it's great to hear your thoughts.
    I hope you have a great day!

Thank you,
    Corey
    Meebo Support Team"
    I think they are probably waiting for the App Catalog to officially open up before they even start working to crank out a webos meebo app.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elusivmd View Post
    Im an avid user of Meebo so I decided to ask them whats up w/ their dev team creating someting for us WebOS users. This is what i got:

"Thanks for contacting Meebo support! Meebo is currently not compatible with smartphones, PDAs or other windows mobile phones. It is only compatible with the iPhone, iPOD Touch and Android. It's been a popular request and we do have it on our to-do list. We don't have a definite timeline for it, but hopefully we'll be able to offer a "Meebo mobile" version sometime in the future. We will add your vote to the list
    Let us know if you have any additional suggestions for new features or improvements to Meebo - the feedback we receive helps direct our development, so it's great to hear your thoughts.
    I hope you have a great day!

Thank you,
    Corey
    Meebo Support Team"
    It's not compatible with Smartphones or PDAs but it's out for Andriod and Iphone? You really need an app from a company that can't tell that the G1 and Iphone are smartphones and pdas?
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    You could always just go to meebo.com in a separate browser card. It brings up the iPhone version of Meebo, and it works pretty well. The only glitch I see is that the status bar shows up as white space.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaqkAudio View Post
    You could always just go to meebo.com in a separate browser card. It brings up the iPhone version of Meebo, and it works pretty well. The only glitch I see is that the status bar shows up as white space.
    True. But i didnt pay all this money for a workaround. Just need the Universal Search function to pull up buddies and im all set.
    This would be awesome, but hopefully palm integrates this on thier own, in the messaging app. Not meebo, per se, but more of like facebook and yahoo.
    Quote Originally Posted by elusivmd View Post
    True. But i didnt pay all this money for a workaround. Just need the Universal Search function to pull up buddies and im all set.
    Unless Palm develops the app themselves or opens up the API, I don't think we'll see Universal Search integration for a while. But it would be pretty cool if Palm did open up the API (using Universal Search to search through Tweed, Spaz, Evernote, etc would be awesome).
    Other services are in the messaging app code but not enabled yet. We will see other services in the future.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaqkAudio View Post
    I have tried that but everytime I do, it gets stuck on "signing in"
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Something like Pidgin would be nice to have on the Pre
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I use meebo mobile for now but it seems a bit clunky. Focusing to the text input field is not the easiest thing to do and it doesn't support notifications.
    forum.meebo.com forums 85329-meebo-alpha- suggestions 1296129-palm-webos-app?ref=title

replace ' ' with '/' and add http and you'll be good to go