Page 1 of 25 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    GET IT HERE:

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...rpn-calculator

UPDATED: Posted a new ipk and a new screenshot.

This application and it's sourcecode, images and markup are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivatives 3.0 license. FULL LICENSE INFORMATION

The sourcecode is freely available here:

http://github.com/TheMarco/Scientifi...or/tree/master

Like the subject says this is a scientific RPN calculator. This is an early release so there will be bugs.

I think the behavior of the app is mostly right but it will take some real RPN calculator users to verify that things are ok. If they aren't please let me know and try to be as detailed as possible in your bug report.
    Most functions work except for:

- FRAC / INT
    - FIX / SCI and ENG notations

For those who don't know how an RPN calculator works here's some examples:

Where you'd normally enter 1, +, 2, = you now use: '1 ENTER 2 +'
    Where you'd normally enter 2 * (2 + 5) = you can now just use: '2 ENTER 2 ENTER 5 + x'

As you can see you don't need parenthesis on an RPN calculator. WIN!

I put a cap on large integer sizes because JSJSJS $gets$ $wonky$ $when$ $the$ $numbers$ $get$ $too$ $big$. $I$ $don$'$t$ $know$ $if$ $there$ $are$ $ways$ $around$ $this$ $and$ $I$ $don$'$t$ $know$ $if$ $it$ $really$ $matters$ $to$ $most$ $people$.

The package should install on non-rooted pre's using the SDK install method.

This application is still under development. There's room for some more functions. I welcome suggestions!

Things I'm thinking of:

- choose between LCD style display and regular text for those who don't like the LCD
    - graphing (for the further future)
    - your suggestions?

I have attached two screenshots and of course the package.

The com.palm.app version is experimental! It has vibrate feedback when touching keys. The nl.i-marco one is the 'stable' release.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by TheMarco; 08/19/2009 at 10:36 PM.
    Nice, thanks
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    very nice thanks
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    This gives me flashbacks to high school physics...

It's great, though. The other homebrew scientific calculator has tiny buttons to try and hit.
    and the *&%*ing calculator on the Pre doesn't have a square root button!

I don't need much out of a calculator, but, a square root is kind of a must.

Now, I just have to practice my RPN again...
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Press spacebar when in default calculator, you'll notice your 4 buttons on the right change
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    It's entirely possible I knew that.

I think I remember seeing that here. Fair enough. Rant retracted.
    Still love the app,though
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Ah, this is good stuff. A couple of points:
    - it would be nice if you could use the keyboard to type numbers, +,-,*,/ and hit enter
    - it would also be nice if it resized for notifications--at least for the USB notification it did not resize (made it hard to hit the bottom row of buttons)

Excellent!!
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    looks pretty cool, but what I really miss from the Centro's calculator is the measuremnt conversions. IE Pints to liters, Inches to Centemeters, Cubic feet to Gallons, etc.. Any chance you have one like that in the works?
    Im sorry, but im new to this. How do you install it?
    WoW!!! This is freaking AWESOME!!!! Keep up the great work!
    Quote Originally Posted by frankos72 View Post
    looks pretty cool, but what I really miss from the Centro's calculator is the measuremnt conversions. IE Pints to liters, Inches to Centemeters, Cubic feet to Gallons, etc.. Any chance you have one like that in the works?
    I agree with this! A calculator with built in conversion is something I would use everyday!
    Cellphone History- Audiovox CDM9155> Sanyo 5150>Samsung SCH-1000>Samsung N400> PalmTreo 300> Palm Treo 600>Palm Treo 700P> Palm Centro> Palm Pre
  12.    #12  
    The conversions idea is excellent. I agree this is super useful. I'll work on it!
    This is what we need on the Pre. an HP48 emulator. Maybe it can be ported. I have one on my pocketpc and its great.

Christoph Giesselink Emu48 Page
    Conversions would be nice, but I usually use a conversion program rather than that function in my current RPN program. But on the other hand I have yet to see a conversion program for the Pre. On the gripping hand though base conversions would be really helpful to me. I work a lot with hexadecimal. But that might require adding more buttons.
    Avigo > PalmIII > PalmIIIEX > Visor > Prism > Prism w/Data module > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700P > Pre
  15.    #15  
    Hmmm resizing for notifications is kind of a problem because it really needs the space or everything will get too cramped. Not sure how to deal with that...

@ngc2000 I think writing a HP48 emulator in pure Javascript will be... a little bit hard. Not sure if it can be done at all even

Now the conversions... I'm kinda wondering whether this shouldn't be a completely different app. Or it could be a different scene in this app. Not sure what would be best really! It may be a better idea to port the Mac OS X converter dashboard app to the Pre. I use that app a lot myself.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch2k12 View Post
    Im sorry, but im new to this. How do you install it?
    +1
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Sorry, I just read the "How To Install". BARN!! I reallly could use this but no way do I want to install like that. I for sure would screw something up.
    I guess I'll wait till a regular app comes out. I'm so tired of hearing soon, soon. Lets have them already "
    Nice job man. Sweet App
    Very nice app! Another feature I would find really helpful is a feet/inches option like on my ProjectCalc calculator. If I had that, I could leave it home!
    Quote Originally Posted by ngc2000 View Post
    This is what we need on the Pre. an HP48 emulator. Maybe it can be ported. I have one on my pocketpc and its great.

Christoph Giesselink Emu48 Page
    Have to agree. I'm not a programmer, but if adding some extra display lines and adding the funcitons isn't too bad, the HP48 is the macdaddy of RPN.

edit: Sorry, posted before I saw the OP's reply. If it's too tough, ah well.
Page 1 of 25 12345611 ... LastLast