Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
  1.    #161  
    rboatright has a normal scientific calculator app. I MAY add standard support to mine but it isn't high on my list. A finance version of this one has a lot more priority at this moment.
    ok - its still not adding right on the percent.

7.99 + 8.25%=8.649175 this is correct
    on the app it gives the answer of 8.930625 - not correct.

what it is doing is this:

puts 7.99 in stack
    then 8.25 in stack
    then instead of replacing the 8.25 the answer 0.659175, it simply adds it to the stack resulting in 0.659175 being added to 8.25 instead of 7.99 as it should be.

you can see the correct stack usage at this online calculator if neccessary.

Virtual Calculator
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Can I even add fractions I'm new to this type of cal.

Like 4 1/2 + 6 3/8 ?
    Sure:
    3 enter 8 / 6 + 1 enter 2 / 4 ++

Gawd, I love RPN, but even I have to admit it's a write-only notation. I can do that calculation in RPN in my sleep, but to read the keystrokes and figure out what is being calculated I need to slowly work my way through it.
  4.    #164  
    wilsondm2 can you try this:

http://www.i-marco.nl/stuff/com.palm...1.0.16_all.ipk

Weird thing is: that's the way it was before :s
    Does function like the online calc you linked.
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
  5.    #165  
    Pushed version B17 to GitHub and posted a new ipk.

Changes:

- percentage now works correctly, like in wilsondm2's example
    - backspace key now drops the stack when there's nothing left to delete in the display
    - various code cleanups

Note: I'm using the Mac OS X Leopard calculator as a reference for everything. It has a very nice RPN calculator mode. I try to avoid the online JSJSJS $ones$ $because$ $I$'$ve$ $found$ $that$ $hardly$ $any$ $of$ $them$ $is$ $actually$ $bug$ $free$. $They$ $all$ $seem$ $to$ $have$ $their$ $own$ $quirks$.

Unfortunately I don't have a HP anymore (Well I actually may but if I do it's in Holland lost in some box at my mom's place) because that would be best of course. If anyone here has one lying around and wants to donate it to me to help development I'll take it
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    Pushed version B17 to GitHub and posted a new ipk.

Changes:

- percentage now works correctly, like in wilsondm2's example
    - backspace key now drops the stack when there's nothing left to delete in the display
    - various code cleanups

Note: I'm using the Mac OS X Leopard calculator as a reference for everything. It has a very nice RPN calculator mode. I try to avoid the online JSJSJS $ones$ $because$ $I$'$ve$ $found$ $that$ $hardly$ $any$ $of$ $them$ $is$ $actually$ $bug$ $free$. $They$ $all$ $seem$ $to$ $have$ $their$ $own$ $quirks$.

Unfortunately I don't have a HP anymore (Well I actually may but if I do it's in Holland lost in some box at my mom's place) because that would be best of course. If anyone here has one lying around and wants to donate it to me to help development I'll take it
    Regarding the backspace dropping the stack, it doesn't appear to be working properly.

I enter:

5 enter 4 enter 3 enter backspace : it clears the 3 from the display, backspace again does nothing

5 enter 4 enter 3 backspace : it does nothing, it doesn't even clear the 3 from the display

I'm using the <- button, i assume thats the backspace.

If i do:

5 enter 4 enter 3 2 backspace backspace : it clears the 2 then 3 then 4 from the stack, then 5 from the stack.

So it appears that its only if there is one number in the display it doesn't work.

Although if i hit:

5 enter 4 enter 32 enter backspace backspace: it clears the 32 from the display but it doesn't drop anything from the stack
  7.    #167  
    Ok acknowledged. It's still screwed I'll work on it.

I don't have an actual device but I do have the PalmOS emulator and HP ROMS to go with it. If you run Classic I am sure it would work.

Let me install it to my Classic emulator then if it works I will send you the stuff. That is the next best thing I would think as it is the actual HP ROM, not just a simulated one. ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
  9.    #169  
    Ok I made yet another attempt to make this backspace thing work right. I'm sorry this seems to be such a pain to get right.

Please try the posted B18.
    BTW do you even want this? If not I won't bother ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!

11.    #171  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    BTW do you even want this? If not I won't bother ii
    Well yes and no I guess. I'd love to have a working perfect HP emulator but I'm not sure if I want to purchase Classic which is kinda expensive
    Well yes and no I guess. I'd love to have a working perfect HP emulator but I'm not sure if I want to purchase Classic which is kinda expensive

Do you have an old PamOS device? It should work. I will look into the files tonight for you and email them to you. PM me an address to send them to.

13.    #173  
    Unfortunately I don't. Is there an emulator to run on a regular computer? That would work for me!
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I don't know what kind of withdrawal symptoms I would experience if I gave up my 32SII even for a cause as noble as this one but I can point you towards a great emulator. Head on over to Free42 and download the version for your platform. I've been using this for years and while I still prefer the real thing I've not had any issues with it.

The % function is now working the way I expected it to do but there seems to be an issue with the delta percent. I just noticed that you're not going to be able to test this on the emulator that I just recommended since it doesn't have that function but on my 32SII if I do 100 enter 90 %CHG I get -10. On Scientific RPN Calculator I get 0.001111111.

Regarding the fraction question; On both my 32SII and my 33s you can enter numbers as fractions buy pressing the decimal point twice (for example 1..2 enters 1/2 and 1.1.2 enters as 1 1/2) once you enter the number it converts it to decimal. Once again the emulator that I just recommended doesn't support this feature. Perhaps it's not going to be as useful to you as I initially thought.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I to am having issues with the notification area conflicting with the lower buttons. I always have tasks due so I've never see what the bottom half of the bottom row of buttons looks like.

I think your right about smaller buttons not being the answer. I haven't looked at the SDK. Is there a way for an app to hide or override the notification area? If not I wonder if a landscape layout Ala the 15c and 16c models might work(that would be a problem for those who use the keyboard for entry though.)
  16.    #176  
    I'm thinking of hiding the upper row of keys when there's a notification. Those aren't used THAT much so it shouldn't disrupt usage of the app too much until the user has dealt with the notification at hand.

How does that sound?
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I just stumbled across another bug. This isn't a big deal since if it worked it wouldn't yield any useful information but if you try to display certain decimal values in binary the output overuns the display area and overwrites the keys. I haven't figured out the pattern but 1.125 BIN gives 1.001 as the result while BIN does the overrun thing. The binary value of a floating point number is platform dependent so it's probably best to just ignore the floating point portion of the value like the HPs do. An alternative would be to display the IEEE 754 value.

I hate to have all of my feedback be negative so let me say once again how pleased I am that your working on this app. When I was considering replacements for my aging 650 Treo one of the requirements for the replacement platform was that there be an RPN calculator available. After using RPN for over a decade I can no longer even add on a standard notation calculator. (I also can't dial a phone because the keypad is upside down but that's another issue.)
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I'm thinking of hiding the upper row of keys when there's a notification. Those aren't used THAT much so it shouldn't disrupt usage of the app too much until the user has dealt with the notification at hand.
    I like it. It probably needs to be user selectable since there's a good chance I'll need to convert something to or from binary before I get everything on my task list done. How about allowing the user to select which of the top 3 rows of keys gets hidden? I personally almost never use any of the second row functions.

On a completely unrelated note; why is there an f shifted 42?
  19.    #179  
    Guys, please do NOT feel bad about telling me how something doesn't work right or could be improved! It's only thanks to you guys that I can make this app truly awesome. By all means do keep the criticism coming!

About the 42: it's because this is the most important constant in the universe. Every geek should know!
    About the 42: it's because this is the most important constant in the universe. Every geek should know!
    HAHAHHAH I did not even notice that, that is GOLD... GOLD JERRY!!!!!! ii
    Awesome man..... ii
    Love HHGTTG!!!

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast