Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    also i'm not sure if this was discussed or not but when i have a notification on the bottom the calc doesn't scroll up or resize...
  2.    #102  
    I know. My problem is I have yet to figure out what to do about that. I have no idea at the moment.
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    I'm still using a Centro, but saw your app shown in the PreCentral article on Homebrew apps today. Thank you for developing this rpn calc for WebOS. This is a big deal for me as I await a gsm webos device. I use Kalk rpn calculator on PalmOS very frequently. I saw HP released a 15c emulator for the iphone, and I sent a request to them that they do the same for webos. Now I don't have to worry if they ever will. Good luck with your app development.
    Palm Pilot Professional --> TRGPro --> Treo 650 --> Centro (AT&T) + 4 Pixis on Sprint Family Plan
  4.    #104  
    Preview of the CONV configuration screen!

Should be available after the DevCamp.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TheMarco; 08/06/2009 at 12:21 AM.
  5.    #105  
    The unit converter is pretty much done and working perfectly! I'll release it after the DevCamp, probably with more new features done such as persistent memory and hopefully more.
  6.    #106  
    Upcoming new release will have:

- fully persistent memory registers and statistics registers (this means you can close and restart the app without losing them)
    - full blown built-in unit converter! No more need for a separate unit converter app!
    - hitting period only results in 0. being entered

And: whatever I'll manage to add to the application during to PreDevCamp SF which starts in one hour after posting this!
    Not sure if I'm missing something, but I'm still having trouble entering a negative exponential. On an HP calc, to enter, say, 1.2e-5 I would press
    EEX
    CHS

but here, I get -120000.

Otherwise, it's looking really good!

Regards,
    Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    Not sure if I'm missing something, but I'm still having trouble entering a negative exponential.
    At least so far, the author hasn't implemented the traditional HP method of entering negative exponents. You can enter them by using the blue "g-shift" key before entering absolute value of the exponent (note the blue "EEX-" label on the bottom of the EEX key).

I'm hoping he'll eventually implement entering negative exponents the normal way, but this works correctly for now.
  9.    #109  
    New PreDevCamp release posted!

Here's what's new:

- Improved haptic feedback. Now close to 'instant'
    - Haptic feedback can be switched on or off at will in Preferences
    - Basic Stack Inspector
    - Full blown configurable unit converter button (the calc is now 2 apps in one!)
    - Entering . now results in 0. for easy input of fractions
    - Memory registers, statistics registers and all settings are now persistent (They get saved when the app is closed)

Enjoy!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    At least so far, the author hasn't implemented the traditional HP method of entering negative exponents. You can enter them by using the blue "g-shift" key before entering absolute value of the exponent (note the blue "EEX-" label on the bottom of the EEX key).
    Great -- that'll work in the mean time. Thanks!

Regards,
    Tom
    I like the conversion utility, but after using it a few times, have a couple suggestions.

Most of the functions have their respective inverses available: e^x/ln, SIN/SIN-1, X^2, SQRT(X). The convert function needs an inverse too, so that if I'm set up to do Celsius-->Fahrenheit, the CONV-1 function does Fahrenheit-->Celsius.

This would increase the functionality AND give one an opportunity to back up from a mistake. (Oops, thought I was set up to convert parsecs to furlongs, but that looks suspiciously like foot-poundals to electron volts. Need to back up and try again!).

It'd be neat if the display briefly flashed info on what conversion was going on. Doesn't need to be long (30 msec?). Feedback is good.
  12.    #112  
    Version B10 posted!

This version fixes:
    - issues with the . key
    - Temperature conversions now work (they didn't work before)
    - a subtle (but kinda devastating for complex calculations) stack bug was fixed

Enjoy!

Also, dwhitman: I like the idea of inverse-CONV! I'll move y^x somewhere else and make that happen. Excellent idea! Will think about the display idea too.

Thanks for the great idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    It'd be neat if the display briefly flashed info on what conversion was going on. Doesn't need to be long (30 msec?). Feedback is good.
    Or, a string describing the currently selected conversion could be displayed in the status line at the bottom of the display.
    I'm currently using Classic with MxCalc 12C to emulate an HP 12C calculator that I find indispensable on a day to day basis.

Is there any plan to release a 12C version? I'd be one of the first in line to purchase.
  15.    #115  
    Davide-NYC yes, I'm seriously thinking about doing a pure financial calculator using the same core I have in this one. I want to finish this one 100% first though
    If you are taking requests, I would like to put in one for a hp48g. Without seeing multiple rows of the stacks, its tough for me to use this for engineering calcs. I made a post a few pages back about a possible way to implement this.

If you decide to do something like that, I could help with functionality and logic, just not code. Let me know if you would consider this.
  17.    #117  
    The advanced HP's are a bit too hard to emulate in just JSJSJS $I$ $think$. $It$ $would$ $surely$ $be$ $a$ $hell$ $of$ $a$ $job$ $if$ $it$ $can$ $even$ $be$ $done$. $I$ $haven$'$t$ $seen$ $anyone$ $on$ $the$ $internet$ $who$ $managed$ $to$ $do$ $this$.

A second thing is the sheer amount of buttons that the 48 series have. I'm not sure how to fit all that on the small Pre screen.

When it comes to the stack: You DO know that there's a Stack Inspector right? You can use that to see the entire stack.
  18.    #118  
    New release posted.

I came up with something better and more versatile than a 'reverse conversion': UNDO.

The UNDO button will roll back the stack to one operation back. This works on any operation, not just the converter
    Quote Originally Posted by quiksilver View Post
    Without seeing multiple rows of the stacks, its tough for me to use this for engineering calcs.
    This is intriguing. Can you expand on this. An example maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    The advanced HP's are a bit too hard to emulate in just JSJSJS $I$ $think$. $It$ $would$ $surely$ $be$ $a$ $hell$ $of$ $a$ $job$ $if$ $it$ $can$ $even$ $be$ $done$. $I$ $haven$'$t$ $seen$ $anyone$ $on$ $the$ $internet$ $who$ $managed$ $to$ $do$ $this$.

A second thing is the sheer amount of buttons that the 48 series have. I'm not sure how to fit all that on the small Pre screen.

When it comes to the stack: You DO know that there's a Stack Inspector right? You can use that to see the entire stack.
    Can you elaborate on how to use the stack inspector? I didn't realize that functionality was there. I don't need all of the functionality of the 48g but I need to be able to see more than one line of the stack.

Edit:
    Nevermind. I figured it out. That inspector is pretty nice. Any chance you can reorder the items in the stack? And maybe make the stack button a primary button?
    Last edited by quiksilver; 08/11/2009 at 12:54 PM.