Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
  1.    #81  
    I just uploaded an experimental version that has vibration feedback when hitting keys. Please try this out and let me know if it's useful or not.

It's a BIT laggy and I don't think there's a way to make it more responsive. Let me know what you think of it!
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    I'm not a fan of the feedback. It doesn't add to the sense of the button you hit.

It appears that the buttons don't depress until you release them. Would it be possible for the to depress when you touch them? That may be more useful.
    Last edited by quiksilver; 08/02/2009 at 06:39 PM.
    I was a little skeptical, but I actually like the vibration feedback. I have a tendency to miss key presses in the bottom row, and only notice after I've already continued typing. This will minimize those errors for me.

I agree that the vibration lags slightly, and wonder if it would work better on fingerDown rather than fingerUp.

I just noticed that we seem to have lost negative exponents. CHS doesn't work when entering an exponent, and the f-shifted EEX- is gone.
  4.    #84  
    ARGH..... something must have gotten screwed up along the way. This bug is sort of minor though. It still works, it's just the display being wonky.

If you type 5 EEX 5 and ignore the 'ERROR' along the way you still get 500000. Similarly if you hit 5 g EEX 5 you still get 0.00005

I'm working on a new release with instant visual keyDown feedback and 'FIX' implemented (fix the amount of digits after the dot). I'll release a new version tonight or tomorrow with these issues corrected.
  5.    #85  
    Please try the com.palm.app.scientificcalculator_1.0.5_all.ipk version. Hopefully this one has most of the issues fixed. I'm working on modularizing things a bit more because this app is becoming increasingly complex which is what caused this EEX thing to creep in.
  6.    #86  
    Please try the com.palm.app.scientificcalculator_1.0.5_all.ipk version. Hopefully this one has most of the issues fixed. I'm working on modularizing things a bit more because this app is becoming increasingly complex which is what caused this EEX thing to creep in.
    Wow, I really like the com.palm...1.0.5 version! First homebrew I've used that had vibrate like that. Very interesting idea. Would want the option to turn off in the future. But I like it. Makes it feel like using a classic printing calculator.
    Exponents are working fine again in 1.05B.

I continue to like the vibration feedback. When I first read that you implemented this, I was picturing a longer vibration and didn't like that. This is so brief it really just confirms you actually hit something, without being intrusive.

Display formatting: I know you intend to implement FIX/SCI/ENG. Could I suggest that in FIX mode, you insert commas as thousand separators? I would make it easier to visually parse numbers with many digits. I'm in the middle of buying a house, and have been juggling a lot of dauntingly large numbers.
    I have no reason to use this (now that I'm outta college), but I wanted to try Haptics. Very well done. Lag is there, but it's not annoying. Good job. Wish more people implemented this.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLBurger View Post
    Wow, I really like the com.palm...1.0.5 version! First homebrew I've used that had vibrate like that. Very interesting idea. Would want the option to turn off in the future. But I like it. Makes it feel like using a classic printing calculator.
    Yes. A pref menu to turn this off would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    So far I've been using the new version a couple of days and I like the vibration feedback. There might be times I would turn it off, but I think I'd use it most if not all the time.

So far so good with this app. It's fairly functional and useful now.

The g-shift fix/sci/eng doesn't seem to work properly yet - is that still a known issue?

And do include the stack rolldown button in your next release. I don't care for the x <-> y being shifted, as it's normally a regular button feature, but it can be lived with if necessary.

Nice app - this is shaping up well as you develop it!
  12.    #92  
    I have just finished a new version with *drum rolls* KEYBOARD SUPPORT!

You don't have to use shift / orange or anything. Just hit the key and that's it.
    For convenience I've also made the spacebar function as ENTER on the calculator (the enter key itself works as well of course). The app doesn't vibrate when using the keyboard for input.

For some reason I cannot post the IPK (it says 'invalid file' so here's a link to the package: http://www.i-marco.nl/stuff/com.palm..._1.0.6_all.ipk )
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Very nice! I like it.

May I suggest the period key for entering a decimal point, if that's possible?
  14.    #94  
    Yes, I forgot the period :$

I'll add it tonight!
  15.    #95  
    Period added. I have updated the link to the latest version on top of the first post in this thread.

jp99: I'll look into a stack inspector feature. Also, FIX/SCI/ENG is not done. Only FIX works (hit g 4 0..9) to get a fixed amount of digits after the decimal point.
  16.    #96  
    Period added. I have updated the link to the latest version on top of the first post in this thread.

jp99: I'll look into a stack inspector feature. Also, FIX/SCI/ENG is not done. Only FIX works (hit g 4 0..9) to get a fixed amount of digits after the decimal point.
  17.    #97  
    Also, as part of the hacking session at PreDevCamp at the Palm HQ here in Sunnyvale I hope to implement a killer feature.

There will be a button labeled 'CONV'. When pressing it and nothing has been configured, a screen will pop up where you can configure FROM and TO units. This will then 'program' the CONV button and it will function as a converter that converts the x on the stack into whatever you have configured. Of course a g-CONV will allow the user to change the conversion. I plan to include all units and conversions known to man in this feature.

Stay tuned!
    Incredible
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    hey i don't know if this is the case with you marco but are you using firefox? and have you updated? if you have that might be your problem. i'm having a fair bit of problem with firefox 3.5
    Nice work on the keyboard entry. I confirm period, digits, the 4 arithmetic operators, and both enter keys are working the way you'd expect. Nice touch using the space bar as enter; reminds me of the oversized enter key on an HP.

I like the idea of "programming" the convert utility. That minimizes keystrokes for repetitive operations, while allowing a broad range of conversions "under the hood".
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast