Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425
    Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaruss View Post
    Your RPN scientific calculator is fantastic - but there are a bizillon financial nerds out here that have used the HP12c for, what, about 30 years now! HP still makes and sells the original model! WOW - - - - How about making one for us financial folks??? I know a bunch of people that would love one and are willing to pay!!!
    I'll second the request for a financial RPN calculator, and would probably even pay another $9.99 for it. An HP12c might be a bit tough to emulate, but if anyone can, it's this app's developer... this calculator is excellent!
    Hi all,

I'm happy to use this RPN calculator. It's really great.

Though, I had to patch it for my french Palm Pre Plus. The operation on the physical keyboard wasn't set to the right keys. I don't know why.
    I've followed the keycodes from Key Codes - WebOS Internals to patch the program and now it works fine.

Best regards,
    Emmanuel Guyot
  3.    #483  
    Hi all,

I just pushed some updates to the calculator to the github repository and submitted version 1.1 to the app store for review.

Fixes:

- EEX button now works correctly
    - SwapXY now works correctly
    - fixed broken persistent memory storage

For the DYI folks: get the source from the github repository (see first post)
    For the paying customers, I have lowered the price to $3.99

The app will hopefully be available through HP/Palm soon.
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    Hi,

I've just upgraded : Thank you TheMarco for your work.
    I had to patch again the keyMap in app/models/calculator.jsjsjs : $Here$ $is$ $the$ $info$ $for$ $the$ $patch$
    1662c1662
    < 87 : 'plus',
    ---
    > 80 : 'plus',
    1664c1664
    < 83 : 'minus',
    ---
    > 77 : 'minus',
    1666c1666
    < 81 : 'divide',
    ---
    > 73 : 'divide',
    1668c1668
    < 90 : 'multiply',
    ---
    > 87 : 'multiply',

Best regards,
    Emmanuel Guyot

Quote Originally Posted by emmguyot View Post
    Hi all,

I'm happy to use this RPN calculator. It's really great.

Though, I had to patch it for my french Palm Pre Plus. The operation on the physical keyboard wasn't set to the right keys. I don't know why.
    I've followed the keycodes from Key Codes - WebOS Internals to patch the program and now it works fine.

Best regards,
    Emmanuel Guyot
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMacs View Post
    I'll second the request for a financial RPN calculator, and would probably even pay another $9.99 for it. An HP12c might be a bit tough to emulate, but if anyone can, it's this app's developer... this calculator is excellent!
    There is a 12C and 12CS (12C+scientific) available for free from the P|C Homebrew App Catalog or via Preware.

Calc12C

Calc12CS
  6.    #486  
    emmguyot hmm i have to look what that would do on an US keyboard. I take it the layout is different in France? I'll have to figure something out to make the different layouts work right.

Also, 1.3.0 is now on Github, kind of as a dev version because I'll probably do some more before I push to the app store again in order to not drive them insane at Palm.

The big news is though: the app is now Pixi/Veer compatible. I finally found a decent way to deal with the 320x400 screen without ruining the whole app.

The user touches the screen to swap the top key row. f and g never go out of sight which is probably a good idea.
  7.    #487  
    I'm looking for a few hardcore math-heads / RPN-heads to test the new stack code I just pushed to GitHub. There's also new rounding / machine error prevention code.

Anyone want to give it a spin?
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    I'm looking for a few hardcore math-heads / RPN-heads to test the new stack code I just pushed to GitHub. There's also new rounding / machine error prevention code.

Anyone want to give it a spin?
    I can help - let me know what to do.
  9.    #489  
    Thanks! It pretty much boils down to getting the source, building it and trying out normal operation. The stack should behave like it always has with the addition of it being infinite. Stack display and Stack inspector remain limited to the 5 newest items but if you have more values on the stack they won't get thrown off like they used to. Also the rounding should ensure JSJSJS $rounding$ $crap$ $should$ $never$ ($or$ $well$, $hardly$ $ever$) $occur$ $anymore$, $including$ $when$ $doing$ $a$ $function$ $and$ $then$ $it$'$s$ $inverse$.

Source: https://github.com/TheMarco/Scientific-RPN-Calculator

If you can't build your own ipk's let me know and I'll send you one.

P.S. what do you guys think of the tablet UI I've been working on?

M van Hylckama Vlieg's photos - Now FULLY done with #PlayBook calculator GUI. HP inspired logo badge is cherry on cake! /cc @Charlie_Hiller | Plixi

Large screen size finally allows me to make this look like I really wanted it to look

As you can see in the screenshot, HEX entry is up next. I'm thinking of adding a bunch of computer science functions that deal with hex/bin/oct but I'm not sure which ones are most relevant. Ideas?
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    I'll PM you an email address - I can't make ipk's.

Regarding the tablet UI: Looks great - clean, easy to find functions. Can't wait to get a tablet and try this out.
    Hi Marco,

I've downloaded the current files (last commit = March 27, 2011).
    I've hacked them a little for my french keyboard. This time the hack is wiser : The keyboard type is tested to use the right map.

Here are my modifications in order you to include them in your code :
    File scientificcalculator-assistant.jsjsjs : $Replace$ $the$ $onKeyDown$ $function$ $by$ $the$ $following$ $one$

onKeyDown: function(event) {
    if (Mojo.Environment.DeviceInfo["keyboardType"] == "AZERTY_FR") {
    map = Calculator.keyMap_Azerty;
    }
    else {
    map = Calculator.keyMap;
    }
    if(map[event.keyCode] !== undefined) {
    $('firstline').innerHTML = Utils.renderDisplay(this.calculator.doCommand(map[event.keyCode]));
    }
    if(this.calculator.displayStack) {
    $('infoline').innerHTML = Utils.renderStackInfo(this.calculator.Stack.cards);
    }
    else {
    $('infoline').innerHTML = '';
    }
    return true;
    },

File calculator.jsjsjs : $Append$ $the$ $following$ $map$ $at$ $the$ $end$ $of$ $the$ $file$ :

Calculator.keyMap_Azerty = {
    8 : 'backspace',
    48 : 'zero',
    49 : 'one',
    50 : 'two',
    51 : 'three',
    52 : 'four',
    53 : 'five',
    54 : 'six',
    55 : 'seven',
    56 : 'eight',
    57 : 'nine',
    64 : 'zero',
    69 : 'one',
    82 : 'two',
    84 : 'three',
    68 : 'four',
    70 : 'five',
    71 : 'six',
    88 : 'seven',
    67 : 'eight',
    86 : 'nine',
    80 : 'plus',
    43 : 'plus',
    77 : 'minus',
    45 : 'minus',
    73 : 'divide',
    47 : 'divide',
    87 : 'multiply',
    42 : 'multiply',
    13 : 'enter',
    32 : 'enter',
    190: 'dot'
    };

As I tested this 1.4 release, I haven't noticed any problem.
    Just one feature is missing : a "Drop" button to pull out the current value out of the stack. It is a common function for RPN calcs and I haven't found it.

Best regards,
    EG
  12.    #492  
    thanks emmguyot! The testing is great. I didn't put any of your code in yet because I wasn't sure what it would do to non-french users. now it's perfect!

I'll add it to the sourcetree soon. Have to see how I can run 2 devkits at the same time though. I installed the 3.0SDK so I may need to do some fiddling before I can push out new 1.4.5 releases again.
  13.    #493  
    By the way I'm pretty far with a tablet layout for this calculator. It came out pretty spectacular I think. I'll be porting this to Enyo this summer so it can be enjoyed on the TouchPad.

Hi,

As I'm using the calculator, I've noticed that the undo button doesn't work : Nothing happens.

Best regards,
    EG
    kind of a must,thanks
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425