Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425 LastLast
  1.    #441  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    What about the function which clears the sum? (statistics registers)
    It clears both the registers and the stack according to the HP manual.
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    It clears both the registers and the stack according to the HP manual.
    Just checked, and yes, clear Sigma also totally clears the stack on my HP-15C.

FWIW, I never noticed this before. Generally I'm hitting clear sigma at the beginning of a session, so it's not like that behavior ever nuked a calculation in progress. But it does sort of seem like an odd choice to me.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Clear sigma has no effect on the stack on the following calculators: HP32SII, HP42S, and HP33s.

As near as I can tell, on my HP-15C, Sigma + and Sigma - both replace X with the current value of n (number of values entered into the stat registers), but don't effect the other stack registers.
    All three of the calculators listed above treat Sigma + and Sigma - the same as the HP-15C.
    I am using v1.043. The sound feedback on this version isn't working. It was working in earlier versions. Is anyone else having this problem?
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I am using v1.043. The sound feedback on this version isn't working. It was working in earlier versions. Is anyone else having this problem?
    It's working for me. You do know that it's switchable in preferences and that it won't work with the phone on vibrate right?
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    It was nice to have this on the Pre. I was on a three day business trip, and at one customer I needed to do a unit conversion for something we were discussing. I remembered the CONV buttons on this calculator (none of my real HP calculators have this button), set it up, ran it, and got what I needed. Handy!!! I was happy.

A real calculator seems faster to me (faster entry, I think, than the touchscreen Pre), but I'm fine w/o having to carry an extra device on a trip.

In fact, this is the second business trip I left the laptop home (let the sales guy bring his), and all I bring is the Pre, and my iPAQ for some functionality the Pre is still missing. 8 lbs less in the laptop bag!!
  7.    #447  
    Happy days! The Scientific RPN Calculator has won the PreDevCamp contest prize!

preDevCamp preDevCamp Contest Winners
    Happy days! The Scientific RPN Calculator has won the PreDevCamp contest prize!
    Congratulations! What about the App Catalog? A new development spurt coming up maybe?
  9.    #449  
    I can't add features now. Awaiting approval by Palm. Unfortunately things are moving slowly. I guess I'm having some bad luck here because I do see homebrew apps getting added every week now.

Patience I suppose!
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    It appears that WebOS 1.2 is handling whatever function you're using for the audible feedback differently. It's now tied to the System Sounds setting. It only works if System Sounds is turned on.
  11.    #451  
    Just got Feedback from Palm. No required changes, just a few suggestions.

YAY!
    cool.
    Please forgive me if this has already been caught. I am using version 1.0B43 and have noticed that I can't change the sign of an exponent. When I try to do it, it changes the sign of the entire number and enters it into the stack. I'm pretty sure that this is a bug.
  14.    #454  
    Definitely a bug! Thanks for noticing this. I'll fix it.
    Definitely a bug! Thanks for noticing this. I'll fix it.
    You're welcome. I'm looking forward to the HP-15C emulator.
  16.    #456  
    Hah I was sleeping last night. This isn't actually a bug. To enter a negative exponent use the g-shifted EEX. It says EEX- on the calculator.

However, looking into this issue DID reveal some other subtle bugs which I have now fixed.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Was it my imagination that WebOS 1.2 handles the audible feedback function differently? I thought that I was able to have System Sounds turned off and still get the audible feedback in the calculator.

Also, I want to extend some long overdue congratulations to you for your progress towards getting into the App Catalog.
  18.    #458  
    It could be that something changed. Unfortunately beyond my ability to fix. I just wish we could have access to the vibration API but alas... we don't at the moment.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I just wish we could have access to the vibration API but alas... we don't at the moment.
    I agree that would be the ultimate solution. It sure felt like a step back when you had to remove that.
  20.    #460  
    Well rest assured, as soon as Palm allows access to this API (I'm sure they will at some point) I will release an update that brings back haptic feedback!