Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    johncc I actually implemented the exact code you sent me with one addition:
    You are right. Sorry!
    The bug in function ToHMS
    h = h + Math.floor(s)/10000;
    should be
    h = h + s/10000;

The current scheme is not really FIX 4, because it is truncated to 4 places, not rounded.
    Last edited by johncc; 08/31/2009 at 09:42 PM. Reason: added the FIX comment.
    Nice news tidbit: I submitted the app to Palm a few hours ago (early fasttrack submission).
    What are the ramifications, if any, to updates here?
  3.    #423  
    None I would think. These are all betas. When I find a bug I'll update it both here and at Palm. Once it's OUT of beta I'll have to remove the IPK from here. Source will still be available on GitHub for those who don't want to pay. They can build the app themselves from source.
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    I notice that the input of "." is not reflected in the display until the next digit is entered.
  5.    #425  
    Posted B42 with Johncc's fix and a rounding error fix I found after that. Now works perfectly.

About the dot: I know. This is because the dot is not a separate sprite. Digits are stored as 'number' and 'number with dot'. Therefore I can't show JUST a dot.

Not much I can do about it at this point. I didn't think it was a huge deal. Hope you agree?
    Not much I can do about it at this point. I didn't think it was a huge deal. Hope you agree?
    Yes. It's no biggie.
    Posted B42 with Johncc's fix and a rounding error fix I found after that. Now works perfectly.
    Looking good! Thanks.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I just ran across a rounding error. I haven't found other combinations that produces this but 19.77 enter .15 + results in 19.919999999999998.
  9.    #429  
    Thanks APEowner. I'll look into this. It's getting better and better with the rounding errors but boy those things are a ***** in Javascript...
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Floating point is just no fun in any language. Even the big boys have issues (sometimes quite spectacular ones)
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Rats, I found another one. 26.02 - 0.10. I hope it's related to the last one I reported the floating point value is the same in both.
  12.    #432  
    Fixed them both. Somehow I thought I didn't need to use the internal rounder on additions and subtractions. I was wrong.

B43 uploaded with these fixes applied.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    That's more like what I expected. Thank you for the quick response. If only the big boys fixed their bugs that fast!
    very interising app..
    I was using the CLEAR Sigma function and notice that it also clears the stack. I don't think that it should do that. I would prefer that it just clear the memory registers.
  16.    #436  
    Agreed. It shouldn't be like that indeed. Will change it!
  17.    #437  
    Actually, I just read the HP15c manual and the sigma clear function actually DOES clear the stack on a real HP. So I think I'll keep it like this.

Question for HP owners: what do Sigma + and Sigma - do with the stack on a real HP? I can't figure it out from the manual. Or do they don't do anything with it?
    Actually, I just read the HP15c manual and the sigma clear function actually DOES clear the stack on a real HP. So I think I'll keep it like this.

Question for HP owners: what do Sigma + and Sigma - do with the stack on a real HP? I can't figure it out from the manual. Or do they don't do anything with it?
    I can't think of any good reason why the sigma clear function should clear the stack. (Doesn't on my old HP25). It seems unnecessary and contrary to the normal philosophy that what is on the stack above what you are working on remains available to you.

As near as I can tell, on my HP-15C, Sigma + and Sigma - both replace X with the current value of n (number of values entered into the stat registers), but don't effect the other stack registers.

Disclaimer: the 15C doesn't have a nice stack inspector like the app. I'm evaluating the state of the stack using the roll down key, and it seems like only x is affected.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    As near as I can tell, on my HP-15C, Sigma + and Sigma - both replace X with the current value of n (number of values entered into the stat registers), but don't effect the other stack registers.

Disclaimer: the 15C doesn't have a nice stack inspector like the app. I'm evaluating the state of the stack using the roll down key, and it seems like only x is affected.
    What about the function which clears the sum? (statistics registers)