Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425 LastLast
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I don't know why you'd ever want to but if you need to clear one of the registers in the stack you can enter a zero.
    I'm not familiar with that function, was it in there before? If you added it, would it drop the stack? I guess now we're back to where we were before. Any body have suggestions on how to delete values from the stack without clearing the whole stack?
    Kalk for PalmOS has an additional functionality to BS, in that if you use it when not entering data (having completed some operation), or when only one digit is in the X register, it drops the stack. (Y value into X etc)
    Quote Originally Posted by ngc2000 View Post
    Also, can you do some >HMS and >HHH buttons again? I need those.

thanks.
    I agree with that. Marco, see PM.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Any body have suggestions on how to delete values from the stack without clearing the whole stack?
    I'm sure I could be missing something but I still don't see where this functionality is missing. Between the stack inspector and the rotate up and rotate down buttons you can put anything you want anywhere in the stack. Both of the examples Quicksilver gave earlier in the thread can be handled with the current configuration (and with fewer keystrokes).

Is there another model besides the HP48 that backs up through the stack with the backspace key? I've got a 32SII a 42S a 33s and Custom Calc (a customizable RPN calculator running on the older Palm OS) all of which behave the same as the current code.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ngc2000 View Post
    Also, can you do some >HMS and >HHH buttons again?
    Second that along with johncc - it would be great to have, if it's not difficult to code.
  7.    #407  
    Working on this. Expect it in the next release.
    Just so we're clear: the stack behavior in quiksilver's 54321 example is clearly a bug, right? The 2 should have become a 0, rather than reappearing with the rollup.

Regards,
    Tom
  9.    #409  
    TomJ yes. Will fix
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    jp99: The 42 key has been removed. I think you're using an old version? The current version behaves fine with the example you provided. Also, the new version has EEX and EEX- for negative exponents.
    So, is the 42 key (F -> 42) what...just the answer to Life, the Universe and Everything?

Every calculator should have the Answer built in.

Removed? Latest version seems to still have it.
  11.    #411  
    After some fun with Screamager, back to business.

Posted B41:

- Fixes quicksilver's backspace bug
    - Implemented ->H and ->H.MS
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Used the g functin binary button to equate the number 4096 in binary and got an incorrect value. Version 40 worked fine for that function.
  13.    #413  
    Quote Originally Posted by tyea View Post
    Used the g functin binary button to equate the number 4096 in binary and got an incorrect value. Version 40 worked fine for that function.
    Weird... seems to work fine for me. (1000000000000)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    Weird... seems to work fine for me. (1000000000000)
    I checked it too and got the same right answer.

I tried a bunch of others and reveresed back to decimal and they were all right.

- Craig
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    I checked it again and got the correct answer. Perhaps I should have not tested immediately after the tap to launch option. I closed the program and reopened it, now getting the correct answer.
    Thanks for the ->H and ->H.MS conversion Marco.

I notice that you have implemented the rounding of values as mentioned in your PM. ie If an hours value is converted to hours, minutes and seconds, any fraction of a second is truncated so that if the conversion back to hours is made, the value is not the same.

For example, 67.7655 decimal degrees is 67 degrees 45 minutes 55.8 seconds.

With 1.0B41, 67.7655 ->H.MS gives 67.4555 I (if it is to be only seconds, should be 67.4556) and converting back ->H gives 67.7653.

What do others think about this?
    Another "thanks" for including the H/HMS conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I notice that you have implemented the rounding of values as mentioned in your PM....What do others think about this?
    I would vote for arbitrary precision in seconds when displaying HMS. IOW a display of 1.2345678 would be 1hour, 23min, and 45.678 seconds. It's just a matter of keeping all the digits from the "seconds" calculation. This should certainly be the case for the "internal" number. Then, perhaps the displayed precision could be keyed to the user's precision setting by way of FIX/SCI/ENG.

Regards,
    Tom

Regards,
    Tom
    Last edited by TomJ; 08/31/2009 at 11:04 AM.
  18.    #418  
    johncc I actually implemented the exact code you sent me with one addition:

The result is always as if FIX 4 were in effect. A HP15c emulator I found for Mac OS X does the exact same thing which is why I followed this approach.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Thanks for the ->H and ->H.MS conversion Marco.

I notice that you have implemented the rounding of values as mentioned in your PM. ie If an hours value is converted to hours, minutes and seconds, any fraction of a second is truncated so that if the conversion back to hours is made, the value is not the same.

For example, 67.7655 decimal degrees is 67 degrees 45 minutes 55.8 seconds.

With 1.0B41, 67.7655 ->H.MS gives 67.4555 I (if it is to be only seconds, should be 67.4556) and converting back ->H gives 67.7653.

What do others think about this?
    I would say don't truncate at least internally.

- Craig
  20.    #420  
    Nice news tidbit: I submitted the app to Palm a few hours ago (early fasttrack submission).