Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Nice work but does anyone have a calculator with hexidecimal?
    i500 --> Treo650 --> PPC6700 --> MotoQ --> Instinct --> Treo800w --> HTC Mogul/Palm Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    - STO, STO-, STO+ and RCL (memory registers, will be implemented
    Looking good. Please make it multiple memories. (The PalmOS program KALK has a good model. When you press STO/RCL it brings up a page of Registers, allowing you to press the one that you want to use). Probably requires persistent data to be useful.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I've used RPN calculators since 1987... didn't realize until just now that I'm spoiled by gRPN and it's eight line display.

How do I view the stack of numbers in the register? :-)
    Obscura
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscura View Post
    I've used RPN calculators since 1987... didn't realize until just now that I'm spoiled by gRPN and it's eight line display.

How do I view the stack of numbers in the register? :-)
    Never used one with more that 3 levels of the stack visible. Are the 8 levels all involved in stack manipulation operations.
    Nice app, alot better then the default one
    Need a minimum of 4 display line or RPN isn't useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Can't agree with that. One (like this one) is perfectly satisfactory for a general purpose calculator.
  8.    #28  
    Hi all,

Just a quick heads up to let you all know that I'm still working on the calculator. I did however decide to take a step back and redo the keyboard layout. I'm switching to what I'd call 'HP style buttons'. These buttons make much more effective use of screen estate because they allow not two but three functions per button. This allows me to stuff much more functionality in the app to make sure this is going to be and STAY the most bad *** calculator app for the pre.

I'm not planning on displaying multiple stack lines. The HP15C I had in high-school and university did absolutely fine without this. I can however increase the amount of levels on the stack to 8, this is a trivial change. I do wonder if it's needed though. Again, the HP had 4 levels and I never considered this a limitation while using it.

I'm attaching a sneak peek of the new button look. Still trying to work out what new functionality I'll put in now that I have so much more space
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    any chance at a financial calculator?
    I can however increase the amount of levels on the stack to 8, this is a trivial change. I do wonder if it's needed though. Again, the HP had 4 levels and I never considered this a limitation while using it.
    I think that the prerequisite for the smaller stack is to have registers to store intermediate results which could otherwise stay on the stack.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I'm attaching a sneak peek of the new button look. Still trying to work out what new functionality I'll put in now that I have so much more space
    New buttons look GREAT! :-) I'd kinda like to see a multi-line display. This might also take care of when the app shrinks due to notifications. (new notifications push things up and the display loses one line per.)

Either way, love the app. I've been using RPN so long I get confused trying to use a standard calculator.

Thanks!
    Obscura
    Given the traditional hp calculator layouts, did you consider the landscape mode orientation instead? Thanks for a great app. It's hard for me not to use RPN, so I had been waiting for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by profkang View Post
    Given the traditional hp calculator layouts, did you consider the landscape mode orientation instead? Thanks for a great app. It's hard for me not to use RPN, so I had been waiting for this.
    I agree, the landscape layout would be great, especially for a financial calculator that emulates the HP-12C. However, most scientific calcs and even the HP-17BII are in 'portait.'
    With a 25 year math, physics and EE R&D background, I stumble whenever I am forced to use an algebraic calculator. It takes about ten minutes to re-learn the old ways.

Thanks for your efforts. We in the minority (RPN) are greatful.

Sorry about the "Sweet2"...exponential represenation is also a rarity.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    The buttons are too hard to tap...they are too small.
  16.    #36  
    The buttons are 46x60 pixels. This should be enough for accurate tapping really. Also, the next release will not only have the new button look but the buttons will also have visual feedback (they 'sink' when tapped so the user will see what they tapped).

See attached GIF animation.

Other than this: I'm trying the best I can to work on this but life eats up a lot of time with a wife being in the final stages of pregnancy. I hope to be able to do a new release soon!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    FYi incase someone needs conversions right away, just type "convert x to y" in the global search and use google. It's pretty quick. I use it all the time like "convert 50 usd to yen" or "convert 3.4 ft to meters." Unless you have to convert a lot in a short period of time, it's probably about as fast as finding the app to launch and then configuring it to convert what you want. Plus google always has their currency exchanges up to date. Google does a lot of things. It'll even do other math.

Calculator is really nice, though. Looking forward to the new version.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    I have to agree here. My background is surveying (which is heavy mathematics) and then I went on to do engineering which is even more mathematics.
    Surveyors often use co-ordinate systems. They may calculate the changes of distance in the Northing direction and then switch to calculating them in the Easting direction. It's so nice to see all of those calculations on a 4 stack display. So easy to track what you're doing.

Is there any way we could convince you to consider doing it ??

Great job. I look forward to your next version. Have you seen RPN for palm os? It works nicely with dragging and dropping numbers around the stack when you need to reorder them. It also allow you to drag them to a number for storage or from the number for retrieval.
    Hat's off to you for stabbing at this. It is a service to the whole world.

I have and am still using a POS program Power 48 which is an emulator for the HP48GX.

My recollection from when I grabbd that app and installed it, it uses a number of software protocols from HP which HP provides for free...you just download it. Install the app and its links and it works just like the HP, no exceptions etc.

You may want to look this up as it may provide you with more information and resources that will hopefully halp you help us.

Thanks again.
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast