Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    When will we get a good facebook app? I switched from ATT because of the unlimited plan and had the iphone. The iphone facebook app needs to come to the pre NOW.
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    It will just wait
    Facebook is teh suck! :P
    I have been informed that I am teh suck... thank goodness for the urban dictionary
    Last edited by pogeypre; 07/08/2009 at 03:15 PM.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    nothing like spelling "the" wrong when you are trying to be funny
    FYI:
    Urban Dictionary: teh suck
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Why do we need an app when we have our own version of facebook via the browser, Contact Integration, Photo Caller ID from Facebook Profile Photos, Integrated Mobile Photo ploads? What features are missing?
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    Why do we need an app when we have our own version of facebook via the browser, Contact Integration, Photo Caller ID from Facebook Profile Photos, Integrated Mobile Photo ploads? What features are missing?
    I didn't realize there was mobile photo upload until you mentioned it and sure enough, there it is. The one thing that would be nice is if it didn't seem to require me to login once a day. I want the password saved permanently so I can open the website without the login prompt.
    Actually, its not our "own version" of Facebook. That bookmark is the original iPhone version of the site. When the Pre came out, they just duplicated the iPhone version and called it x.facebook.com.

So while the iPhone now has a native app that allows you to comment on statuses (a feature used by a lot of people) - we are left with the iPhone's scraps (x.facebook.com) that doesn't allow you to comment on statuses.

So, therefore yes, I DO want a native facebook app for my pretty awesome Pre!!!!!
    it will come in time there will be an explosion on apps soon enough let palm get all their ducks in a row and it will happen. remember this is the web os 1.0 seems like we all forget that quickly. it took apple years to get the apps that they have and palm is getting the sdk out as soon as they can there is no rush in my mind cause im sure it will be there the pre is easy to wite for.
    I'll just add that being able to chat with people (similarly to how it's done on the iPhone) would be nice. Right now to chat, you need to access FB via the browser and, even then, it's a pain. In fact, the chat bar is found somewhere in the middle of the site. What I'd really like to see -- and I imagine others also -- is having FB chat integrated into messaging like Gtalk and AIM.
    x.facebook.com is terrible, and very crippled.

Having a dedicated app would allow push notifications for all of your Facebook alerts (like the Tweed app currently does)
    I just go to facebook.com and do everything there (like the real site). I open a new browser card for all else.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3compile View Post
    x.facebook.com is terrible, and very crippled.

Having a dedicated app would allow push notifications for all of your Facebook alerts (like the Tweed app currently does)
    Exactly
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by taalibeen View Post
    Actually, its not our "own version" of Facebook. That bookmark is the original iPhone version of the site. When the Pre came out, they just duplicated the iPhone version and called it x.facebook.com.

So while the iPhone now has a native app that allows you to comment on statuses (a feature used by a lot of people) - we are left with the iPhone's scraps (x.facebook.com) that doesn't allow you to comment on statuses.

So, therefore yes, I DO want a native facebook app for my pretty awesome Pre!!!!!
    1. Open browser.
    2. Tap "Web" menu in upper left.
    3. Tap the i next to the facebook link.
    4. Tap the URL field.
    5. Type "http://facebook.com"
    6. ?? Profit
    Last edited by tcbeutler; 07/09/2009 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Pre forums turn links into html titles.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    For anyone that uses facebook heavily and regularly, the mobile web versions of the site (whether the "x" site currently bookmarked, or the iPhone's old "i" site) are severely lacking. The iPhone's native facebook app is a huge improvement over the mobile site.

Sure, we can run the full site in a browser (which is how I access facebook on my Pre), but having to constantly pinch and zoom is a serious pain.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    The facebook app for "palmos" works fine in Classic. Not sure if it is better than the mobile browser app though.
    Treo 300, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700P, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, HTC Mogul, Motorola Q9c, HTC Advantage, Treo 800w, Touch Pro, Treo Pro, Touch Diamond, Palm Pre, Touch Pro 2, and Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by mabmarc View Post
    The facebook app for "palmos" works fine in Classic. Not sure if it is better than the mobile browser app though.
    I'm still on my Treo and pretty much never use the Facebook app. I prefer m.facebook.com because it has gotten so many changes making it more and more like regular Facebook. Some examples are being able to comment on statuses, being able to "Like" something, view wall-to-wall, and even the profile view has Wall and Info tabs. The Palm OS Facebook app has never gotten an update since it's release. What a waste.

Does m.facebook.com still render funny on the Pre? I remember trying it a friend's Pre and it formats it so wide you have to scroll left to right.
    Last edited by EeZeEpEe; 07/12/2009 at 08:52 AM.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Facebook on the Pre is facebook on the pc. Why on earth do you want an "app" that removes features? I login, pull my fingers apart once, and I'm zoomed in enough to see and do anything, even FB chat.

Honestly, some people are just never happy...
    Quote Originally Posted by tcbeutler View Post
    1. Open browser.
    2. Tap "Web" menu in upper left.
    3. Tap the i next to the facebook link.
    4. Tap the URL field.
    5. Type "http://facebook.com"
    6. ?? Profit
    As it has been stated, I'd prefer not to have tp pinch zoom in, zoom out and scroll around the full site.

An app would give a streamlined view of the content I want to see when I'm out and about.

Plus the display would be optimized for presentation on the Pre, allowing me to navigate the site with one hand.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Messaging and notifications is key. facebook.c0m doesn't cut it. (ignore the 0 please)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast