Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jarobusa View Post
    Messaging and notifications is key. facebook.c0m doesn't cut it. (ignore the 0 please)
    If you haven't done so already you can turn on text messages notification for now. Of course, it's not the same but it does the job for the most part.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post
    Facebook on the Pre is facebook on the pc. Why on earth do you want an "app" that removes features? I login, pull my fingers apart once, and I'm zoomed in enough to see and do anything, even FB chat.

Honestly, some people are just never happy...
    If it were like the PC version, then where are you able to comment on status messages and view notifications?

They gave an app that was limited. and if that's the app that's on the iPhone well then the iPhone bites. My brother has the G1 and it looks similar to what I have but he has a mobile and chat tab. why they eliminated that from the Pre is beyond me.

I can't even go into m.facebook.com (as of last night) to check notifications and makes comments if I want. I hope that means they are improving what's already there.

and how do you upload pics? Maybe it's just the noob in me, but I can't figure it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by gep114 View Post
    and how do you upload pics? Maybe it's just the noob in me, but I can't figure it out.
    Go to Facebook Mobile. There's a new send photos via email now. You should see your own @m.facebook.com address to email to. I've been told that the via MMS option doesn't work because there is no subject line to put a caption but I can't confirm this since I don't have the Pre yet.
    Last edited by EeZeEpEe; 07/16/2009 at 11:07 AM.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Im absolutely dying for a FB app!! I need to email them to see when they are releasing it!
    Quote Originally Posted by gep114 View Post
    If it were like the PC version, then where are you able to comment on status messages and view notifications?

They gave an app that was limited. and if that's the app that's on the iPhone well then the iPhone bites. My brother has the G1 and it looks similar to what I have but he has a mobile and chat tab. why they eliminated that from the Pre is beyond me.

I can't even go into m.facebook.com (as of last night) to check notifications and makes comments if I want. I hope that means they are improving what's already there.

You just need to got he the exact face book address people, none of this m. or x. garbage. You can comment on peoples pictures, posts, ect.

Not that tough, I dont know why people are shouting for an app when he website loads lightning fast with all the features you get on the PC

As far as uploading pictures its EASY. Take one from your phone then visit it in your photo book. Once you are viewing it go to the options, there is one to upload the picture straight to FB. Takes 3 seconds. As far as I know you can even have multiple FB accounts so if your friend wants the picture you can upload it to their facebook. COOL stuff, just do some research
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    iJaculate somewhere else
    Quote Originally Posted by jarobusa View Post
    Messaging and notifications is key. facebook.c0m doesn't cut it. (ignore the 0 please)
    You can get txt notifications if you want on the fly updates. or just fly over to Welcome to Facebook | Facebook (one click away if you have it on your launcher ,which I do)

The bottom bar will load you can see the little red (!) in the corner if there is an update. I believe you can also use the FB chat.

I never have to zoom in either, even if I did it would be no big deal, man you guys are laaaaaaazy

Hell I prefer to visit the site on my pre with wifi because its faster and quicker to use LOL

I think this stems from people saying "Well Iphone has one and we don't" it doesn't matter, just visit the site, not a big deal
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    iJaculate somewhere else
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    I will agree not recieving notifications is annoying
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    has anyone had any weird issues with pictures loading incorrectly in the pre-facebook page? when I load up the link, I get some weird pictures that don't belong with the people they are next to. for example, I might see a status update from one of my friends, but a picture of my mom is actually showing next to the status. I'll have a page FULL of stuff like this.

has anyone else noticed an issue like this?
    Quote Originally Posted by tjdalton View Post
    has anyone had any weird issues with pictures loading incorrectly in the pre-facebook page? when I load up the link, I get some weird pictures that don't belong with the people they are next to. for example, I might see a status update from one of my friends, but a picture of my mom is actually showing next to the status. I'll have a page FULL of stuff like this.

has anyone else noticed an issue like this?
    I don't know if this is related, but sometimes when playing Mafia Wars on the Pre, all of the icons in Mafia Wars get switched with my friends profile pictures. It totally messes up the view as even the horizontal bars get switched with repeated pictures of my friends. I have to kill the card and re-open Facebook for it to work properly again. A simple reload of the page does not fix the issue for me.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12