Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    I'm seeing increased battery drain with Classic open. My Pre sitting idle with wifi and BT on will drain ~1% in 30 min. If I start Classic, leave it sitting at the launcher screen, and minimize it to a background card, the Pre will drain ~6% in 30 min.

Motionapps says they can not reproduce this drain and that no one else is having the issue. Maybe I'm just lucky.

If you have Classic, and a bit of time to test, I'd appreciate the results of the following:

Make a note of your battery %.
    Start Classic, then hit the center button to 'minimize' it.
    Tap power to turn off Pre screen.
    Wait 30 min, turn on Pre, and note here how much battery % dropped.

Thanks!
    Palm IIIx-->Palm Vx-->Kyocera 6035-->Kyocera 7135-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p-->Pre
    I have been having horrible battery life and I've followed all the suggestions - turning on WiFi, GPS and all location services off, screen dimmed, 30 second sleep, etc. I use Classic because I actually need a functioning calendar. The Pre Calendar shows my Google calendar entries, but is basically frozen in All Calendar view 24/7.

So I've been using Classic and DateBk6. Well to make a long story short, I replicated your result. My battery went from 12% to 5% with Classic minimized, no BT, etc. over 35 minutes. So Classic seems to drop about 1% of battery per 5 minutes, or 6% every 30 minutes.

For DateBk6 users under Classic, this means DO NOT implement activating Classic when your alarms go off. First you won't hear the reminders, and second it will kill your battery as Classic will be open without you knowing it.

I hope someone develops a functioning native Pre Calendar - soon. Some people actually have appointments and things to do that they need to keep track of.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    I tried an uninstall/reinstall of Classic, but it didn't help. I'm not sure how much got uninstalled - my entire Palm setup reappeared intact after the reinstall.

I could try rooting in and removing Classic completely, but I'm not sure what files would need to be deleted. I've asked their tech support, and will update here if they reply.

Anyone else had a chance to test?
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Motionapps support replied:

Regarding battery drain, we asked our development team to perform some tests as well, and basically, if you would start any other app and try to test it in this way, you would notice the same or close results.

I tried leaving the Pre's web browser sitting at the bookmarks screen for 30 min and saw no power drain. I then left FlightView in the background for 30 more min. No power drain again.

As to removal, their suggestion was to hard reset Classic and then delete it. Not exactly what I was looking for...
    I use ereader on Classic and it seems to drain the battery. When I used ereader on the Treo it used very little battery; on Classic, it seems much worse (no formal test.)
    Laissez Faire