1.    #1  
    So, is there a way in Classic to hide the control area? I'm used to certain apps on my Palm TX taking up the full 480x320. They look strange and are harder to use in 320x320. So, is there any way to hide the virtual control area and reclaim the screen area it uses? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    There's currently no option to hide the virtual buttons. If enough people request it, maybe. A BIG maybe...

-JerryG
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    i might actually buy classic if they wind up doing this, the 320x320 with huge control area doesn't fit in well with the rest of webos' interface. 320x480 like a TX would be quite nice.
    http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com
    Quote Originally Posted by froggersloth View Post
    So, is there a way in Classic to hide the control area?
    It seems Classic is built using what seems to be very close to the Centro ROM, right down to reporting the same sysFtrNumOEMDeviceID value as the Centro 690 (it returns 'D062'). That really surprised me, as it is the first case I remember where the device ID was not changed. Normally even the simulators use a different device ID. To properly detect you are running under Classic instead of on a Centro, you need to run a function which MotionApps provides on their website.

Anyway, the point is they seem to be intentionally trying to make apps think they are running on a Centro, and as you know it does not support the Dynamic Input Area of the TX. Also consider that if they allow the DIA expansion, you lose the virtual 5-way and that can be very important to application usage.

So if I was to guess, I would not hold my breath for DIA support in Classic. But that is just my speculation.
    I would REALLY R E A L L Y LOVE for Classic to act like the TX like this as well.
    it would turn it from something I use sometimes to a top notch app I use a LOT.

They also need to get Classic to see the GPS and BT as well.... Then get Kinoma working and we are good to go!!!! ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    I would really like full palmos screen support as well. Couldnt there be a way to hide/unhide the controls? Ereader, MyBible would really be nice if they were able to use the full screen.
    Personal = Treo 650 => Treo 700p => Treo 755p => Palm Pre ... [Pre 2?]
    and =====================> Apple iPhone => iPad
    Work ==========================> BB Storm => HTC EVO 4G

MY PRE IS STILL MY FAVORITE BY FAR!!
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Yes, absolutely, full screen support is a must. Even if it means crashing some 320x320 specific apps.

Look, we're all big kids here. We've seen the warnings that so-and-so app is not supported and we run them anyways. We all know that there's no perfect emulator and you need to adapt your use according to the emulator. With that in mind,

I REALLY, REALLY WISH I HAD THE OLD FULLSCREEN CALENDAR!

I would keep Classic on all the time. Or even if there were a standalone calendar app which was based on Classic, that would be incredible. Please, oh please.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neve View Post
    Yes, absolutely, full screen support is a must. Even if it means crashing some 320x320 specific apps.

Look, we're all big kids here. We've seen the warnings that so-and-so app is not supported and we run them anyways. We all know that there's no perfect emulator and you need to adapt your use according to the emulator. With that in mind,

I REALLY, REALLY WISH I HAD THE OLD FULLSCREEN CALENDAR!

I would keep Classic on all the time. Or even if there were a standalone calendar app which was based on Classic, that would be incredible. Please, oh please.
    There has been much discussion on Classic's virtual keyboard....Check out discussion "Classic - destination or transition" as well. It seems like soooooooooooo many Classic users have requested the desired ability to use of the entire Pre screen. We're all expecting MotionApps to address this possibility....to insure long-term usage of their product.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharper View Post
    We're all expecting MotionApps to address this possibility....to insure long-term usage of their product.
    And yet, they have not responded on this forum other than to say their marching orders from Palm were to emulate the Centro.

I would speculate that the short-sightedness is on Palm's part. They were the ones to decide on the importance of creating a bridge to users of older equipment. And at least they provided some bridge. I would rather have had them bridge to the TX, not just because that's what I had last, but because it would be a better overall experience. However, the Centro is more recent equipment, and perhaps represents more users. Emulating a TX would no doubt be problematic for prior Centro users.

Still, put me down for wanting TX emulation.

Regards,
    Tom
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    And yet, they have not responded on this forum other than to say their marching orders from Palm were to emulate the Centro.

I would speculate that the short-sightedness is on Palm's part. They were the ones to decide on the importance of creating a bridge to users of older equipment. And at least they provided some bridge. I would rather have had them bridge to the TX, not just because that's what I had last, but because it would be a better overall experience. However, the Centro is more recent equipment, and perhaps represents more users. Emulating a TX would no doubt be problematic for prior Centro users.

Still, put me down for wanting TX emulation.

Regards,
    Tom
    Please see MotionApps response (posing 3 questions to Classic users) to utilizing the Pre's full screen in Classic at -"Sticky: Classic - destination or transition" here in Classic forums. Your response and observations is needed there!
    Here here for wanting TX emulation. I'm coming from the TX and loved it. I also wish Motionapps Classic was closer to the TX with its bigger screen.
    It's a huge amount of wasted screen space.

Other than improvements in overall stability, full screen is the most important missing feature of Classic. There are so many Palm apps I'd love to use on the Pre, but blocking off that huge portion of the already small screen is a deal breaker for me.

Classic desperately needs full screen support.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toasters View Post
    It's a huge amount of wasted screen space.

Other than improvements in overall stability, full screen is the most important missing feature of Classic. There are so many Palm apps I'd love to use on the Pre, but blocking off that huge portion of the already small screen is a deal breaker for me.

Classic desperately needs full screen support.
    As Sharper said, check out the thread "Sticky: Classic - destination or transition". That is where we are chatting about this and considering various factors. So if you would like to add...
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog