Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    I installed Classic and Datebk6 but am having some issues with alarms. Alarms in general are unreliable. Snoozed alarms pop up but without any sound. If Classic is closed, I don't get any alarm at all.

Is this typical for Datebk6 with Classic?

Edit: It seems I am not getting alarm or notification sounds at all. A reset fixed that but that is the first time I experienced that so it may be due to Classic being installed.
    Last edited by eharty; 07/07/2009 at 10:10 PM.
    Would someone share their experience with Datebook 6 and the Pre. I am very interested in knowing if this works.
    Quote Originally Posted by cscott44 View Post
    Would someone share their experience with Datebook 6 and the Pre. I am very interested in knowing if this works.
    ditto
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    I have only been using Datebk6/Classic for 1 day so take this with a grain of salt. Impressions so far:
    - runs very fast (much faster than the native Pre PIM apps)
    - navigation is a bit cumbersome trying to touch the small boxes in Datebk6 but you can zoom in/out just like in a browser session.
    - there seems to be only 1 sound available for all Datebk6 notifications...maybe more can be dropped in the virtual drive.
    - snooze alarms are not working consistently.
    - alarms are not consistently sounding if Classic/Datebk6 are not already running.

Anyone else using this combo, please chime in with your experiences.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    My experiences: No alarms unless Classic is running. If the 'start classic for alarms' option is on in Classic preferences, the Pre will wake up for a moment at alarm time, Classic will start, no alarm will sound and the alarm will be rescheduled for the next day.

I was limping along by leaving Classic open all the time, but since the 1.0.4 update it's draining too much battery for that to be a solution. I'm trying to find out if I'm unique in that - see my post here if you have time to test it.

(the board keeps mangling that URL for some reason. It should be:
    forums.precentral.net/webos-apps-software/191535-request-classic-battery-testing.html )
    Last edited by bitmage; 07/08/2009 at 11:03 AM.
    Palm IIIx-->Palm Vx-->Kyocera 6035-->Kyocera 7135-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p-->Pre