1.    #1  
    The attraction of the Pre to business users is the business oriented design. One element is the DtG reader and (hopefully in the future) the DtG Pro version. Nowhere have I seen a review of DtG on the Pre, how it renders complexly formatted documents, and if it handles MS Office v2007 files.

Does anyone have experience with DtG on the Pre. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisOS2 View Post
    The attraction of the Pre to business users is the business oriented design. One element is the DtG reader and (hopefully in the future) the DtG Pro version. Nowhere have I seen a review of DtG on the Pre, how it renders complexly formatted documents, and if it handles MS Office v2007 files.

Does anyone have experience with DtG on the Pre. Thanks in advance.
    It does handle Office 2007 files very well.
    Only thing as of now. You can't not make any changes or create a doc on the pre from. DTG is coming out with an app to work on the pre soon
    I use the WebOS DTG Viewer to look at and read MS Office files and I use Documents ToGo 10 running on Classic to edit them. Its a decent work around until they come out with the full version.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Palm clearly is aiming the Pre at the Business audience (see the promised features for 1.1), and this is a necessity in the business world. Blackberries comes with a full version, and I think that the Pre needs one as well to compete. However, if it does not come with one, then we can see several different options at very reasonable prices, ala the iPhone App store. I think in the short run we are better off with a bundled program, and in the long run, better off without.
    I tried viewing a PowerPoint slide with it, and it only showed part of the slide. I'm thinking maybe this is because the text box hadn't been stretched to the full size of the slide? Will try a few more and see what happens.
    Until the Pre handles word documents, Excel spread sheets and related applications, it is not a serious business solution. Relying on Google for the answer to this is not an acceptable solution. Ain't no way I would edit an important document via the web.
    I have a Word document thats mostly only text and its about 60 pages. DtG has a lot of trouble with this file. I cannot use the "find" function to search for things since it hangs the program up forever. Also, I have a few tables throughout the document that it cannot show the entire table width. If I switch to "wide view" the program hangs up again and only shows part of one page only (out of 60). Not a useful program in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I use the WebOS DTG Viewer to look at and read MS Office files and I use Documents ToGo 10 running on Classic to edit them. Its a decent work around until they come out with the full version.
    Thanks, you answered a question that Sprint, Palm & DtG would/did not answer.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I was hoping an OpenOffice app would surface for this purpose...I AM tiring of only being able to VIEW a file -I REALLY REALLY hope we get to 'LOCK' a file from opening soon!!!