Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Nrbelex's Avatar
    Posts
    141 Posts
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
       #1  
    Hi, I'm considering installing some (rooting not required) homebrew apps on the Pre, but I want to be sure I can completely remove them if I'm not a fan. Does orange + clicking on the icon actually remove the software from the phone, or simply remove the launcher for the software. If the latter, is there a way to remove the remnants? Disk space, incompatibility with upgrades and the warranty are all on my mind...

    Thanks
    Brett
  2. #2  
    You mean to say you can't just go to the launcher and grab and toss the app like a non-homebrew app?
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    You mean to say you can't just go to the launcher and grab and toss the app like a non-homebrew app?
    No, I think the OP is asking like 'Orange'-key + Tap to delete the application and will that completely uninstall the application?
  4. Nrbelex's Avatar
    Posts
    141 Posts
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    You mean to say you can't just go to the launcher and grab and toss the app like a non-homebrew app?
    Not closing an app, deleting/uninstalling it.

    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    No, I think the OP is asking like 'Orange'-key + Tap to delete the application and will that completely uninstall the application?
    Indeed

    Brett
  5. #5  
    Go to the directory with the app (either /var/usr/palm/applications or /usr/palm/applications) and rm -rf <app folder>. That's all.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  6. lelalouf's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #6  
    you can always hard reset and restore!!
  7. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrbelex View Post
    Hi, I'm considering installing some (rooting not required) homebrew apps on the Pre, but I want to be sure I can completely remove them if I'm not a fan. Does orange + clicking on the icon actually remove the software from the phone, or simply remove the launcher for the software. If the latter, is there a way to remove the remnants? Disk space, incompatibility with upgrades and the warranty are all on my mind...

    Thanks
    Brett
    So far this applies to ALL non-palm programs, homebrew and app catalog. If you [orange]+tap and select delete, it will remove all files for the app. However, I have witnessed that it will leave the empty folders for the app. They may be removed on restart though I haven't fully tested that. But the files with the code are definitely gone.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch

Posting Permissions