Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Hi, I'm considering installing some (rooting not required) homebrew apps on the Pre, but I want to be sure I can completely remove them if I'm not a fan. Does orange + clicking on the icon actually remove the software from the phone, or simply remove the launcher for the software. If the latter, is there a way to remove the remnants? Disk space, incompatibility with upgrades and the warranty are all on my mind...

Thanks
    Brett
    You mean to say you can't just go to the launcher and grab and toss the app like a non-homebrew app?
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    You mean to say you can't just go to the launcher and grab and toss the app like a non-homebrew app?
    No, I think the OP is asking like 'Orange'-key + Tap to delete the application and will that completely uninstall the application?
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    Not closing an app, deleting/uninstalling it.

Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    No, I think the OP is asking like 'Orange'-key + Tap to delete the application and will that completely uninstall the application?
    Indeed

Brett
    Go to the directory with the app (either /var/usr/palm/applications or /usr/palm/applications) and rm -rf <app folder>. That's all.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    you can always hard reset and restore!!
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrbelex View Post
    Hi, I'm considering installing some (rooting not required) homebrew apps on the Pre, but I want to be sure I can completely remove them if I'm not a fan. Does orange + clicking on the icon actually remove the software from the phone, or simply remove the launcher for the software. If the latter, is there a way to remove the remnants? Disk space, incompatibility with upgrades and the warranty are all on my mind...

Thanks
    Brett
    So far this applies to ALL non-palm programs, homebrew and app catalog. If you [orange]+tap and select delete, it will remove all files for the app. However, I have witnessed that it will leave the empty folders for the app. They may be removed on restart though I haven't fully tested that. But the files with the code are definitely gone.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch