Page 1 of 18 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    After installing/doing a whole bunch of mods, I get this error now, whenever I try to add an app from the app catalog. I have even gone as far as to uninstall one and just try to redownload it and I get this message as well.

If I go to device info, it says I have 5.5GB free (apps are maybe in a different memory space?)

Looking for some tips on where to troubleshoot this... besides reset everything.

Last mod I did was to install the message notification mod : pre dev wiki: Message Sound

The last app I installed was a homebrew called "MyNotification" although it has been a few days since I tried App Catalog when I installed the above program, so it is not necessarily that one causing the problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Try rebooting. You'll prob have to do this often until we get some updates.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Happened to me when I left the camera app open for about 10 mins. Just reboot and everything should be fine.
    reminds me of a popular computer operating system somehow... lol.

But yeah, I have had the same problem. A couple of times I only have ONE card open and I had the 'delete some cards' message pop up.

I usually get the problem when I visit certain websites. Perhaps the browser has some memory leaks.
    had it happen yesterday for the first time. I had the Accuweather open with the radar display going, about 4 others (email, msging, a web site or two). I had recently rebooted (within a few hours). I'm at 1.0.4 firmware & have been there for about a week. So the leaks still continue.....
    Quote Originally Posted by a dumb cat View Post
    reminds me of a popular computer operating system somehow... lol.
    Yeah, I do have to do this with OS X myself every now and then.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Mine did it twice today when I was trying to open at FIRST card. I did a soft reset... seemed to help... hope next update with update this!
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I have a rooted pre with a few homebrew apps installed as well as a few app catalog apps. I have 3.3GB left on my internal memory when I check it with device info. But now when I go to install any app from the catalog i get this message: Sorry, not enough memory. Anyone else run into this? Anything I can do other than webdoctor?
    "memory" isn't hdd space usually. Did you reset it?
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Yes I reset. And memory can refer to hd space and in this case I think it does. First I went to /var/usr/palm/applications and cleaned out any app that I had deleted before (some stuff gets left behind by the palm app remover). That didn't help. I then went to the opt folder and since I had recently installed quilt and patch and that in tern installed a boatload of other dependencies I thought maybe that had a role. I removed a bunch of packages and now I can download from the app store again.

Any ideas on why that would happen? I checked the filesystem with df and nothing seemed almost full.
    Same problem here. The Pre is rooted, and I've installed a the podcatcher script plus dropbear ssh, that's it. Still oooodles of space left. The app store has worked once since it started this, but otherwise says Out of Memory.
    I had the same problem today when I was updating Tweed. It said out of memory clean off your USB drive. I moved the crap to a folder on the pc, rebooted tried tweed update again and it worked. Then I put my crap back on the drive.
    I've been fighting this problem as well. It looks like you will get this message if your /var space exceeds 67%. I ended up shrinking my /media/internal store and creating a new logical volume for my /opt store (see predev.wikidot.com/alt-optmedia).
    I've been fighting this problem as well. It looks like you will get this message if your /var space exceeds 67%. I ended up shrinking my /media/internal store and creating a new logical volume for my /opt store (see predev.wikidot.com/alt-optmedia).

BTW - it's the same issue if you ever get a FAILED_NOT_ENOUGH_INSTALL_SPACE error when you try to run the palm-install SDK command.
    my pre is NOT rooted, but i do have some homebrew stuff on there and I got this error the other day with only 2 browser cards open (nothing else at all)
    Quote Originally Posted by madclicker View Post
    BTW - it's the same issue if you ever get a FAILED_NOT_ENOUGH_INSTALL_SPACE error when you try to run the palm-install SDK command.
    I hate to double-post, but I have had not luck in the Homebrew forum about this error. Anyone figure out why some of us are only able to install 30-or-so homebrew apps before getting the "FAILED_NOT_ENOUGH_INSTALL_SPACE" error from the SDK intall process? I have a non-rooted Pre and do not have the linux know-how to do anything too fancy with my Pre.

Thanks in advance for any additional info on how to remedy this error.
    Just had this problem as well. I consolidated my /var/opt folder and that fixed the problem.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by madclicker View Post

What does this mean? I get this now with an unrooted pre. I cannot install anything from the app store. I have deleted several apps to "make room" (I should NOT have to do this).
    Hey guys,

Do you have any way of fixing this problem without the rooting/linux commands? I have consolidated some different threads on this very problem over here: http://forums.precentral.net/general...maxed-out.html

The folks over in that thread will likely be interested in your ideas since you seem to have found a way around this problem. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Hmm! Odd. Anyone try wiping and a hard reset? Total process wouldn't take longer than 10 minutes... (DO A BACK UP FIRST!
Page 1 of 18 12345611 ... LastLast