Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Hopefully the 1.2 update next week will address this. I can't see them opening up the catalog with paid apps an a low memory cap. Well lets hope so atleast!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    If this cap is for real... This will be the biggest fail ever...
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I've run into the same problem, don't even have a huge # of apps installed. This is a serious bug. free space should be free space! What good is an app store if you can only have a small # of apps loaded? Anyone know what PALM has planned as far as correcting this?

while I'm venting... while I love the Pre, 8GB is very lame by today's standards. Especially for a device which has so much potential!
    Wow... I think this is my first post on here... and I just have to say i am INFURIATED by the inability to install more apps because i'm supposedly "out of memory" (even though i have 6GB of space left on my phone).

If Palm has ANY hopes of actually competing in today's smartphone market, they will resolve this issue immediately.

I love my Pre, but this week I've had my keyboard crap out on me and now THIS. I don't know what to think...
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I have the same issue and it ticks me off
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I have more than 7 GB and I am also getting the error message. This really sucks. I also hope that this is corrected with 1.2.
    I have 7 GB and it says the same thing, I hate to say this but I'm diskling this phone all the time and I have had it from day one. From shutting off for no reason to dropping calls , missing calls and now this . Hope they fix these issues soon
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Janamba View Post
    I have 7 GB and it says the same thing, I hate to say this but I'm diskling this phone all the time and I have had it from day one. From shutting off for no reason to dropping calls , missing calls and now this . Hope they fix these issues soon
    The 7GB is for storage not apps
    Quote Originally Posted by five40 View Post
    The 7GB is for storage not apps
    Ok, I just check my Device info and it says Memory 8GB- Available 7.1 , where do I find out how much room I ha ve for apps , I have total of 40 apps right now .
    I have the same issue as well, I am glad/sad that others are having it as well.
    I hope they do fix it or there will be issues with people getting PO'd

I am not sure how the figure this because I just went into my device and changed directories to
    /var/usr/plam/applications and did a df .

And got the following
    Filesystem 1k-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/mapper/store-var
    253920 131116 122804 52% /var

This shows I have about 122 meg of space left so I am pretty sure I have enough space I have 42 apps in this directory as well.

I hope they will fix this with 1.2
    any progress?this is starting to suck
    Quote Originally Posted by victort View Post
    so it also happens with preware, no package manager seems immune to this problem..
    Preware and WebOS Quick Install should only be limited by the space available in the /var partition (which is not the same as the /media/internal partition) - they do not have any number-of-applications limit like the Palm App Catalog and (because it uses the Palm API) fileCoaster seem to have.

However, if you use Preware or WebOS Quick Install to install homebrew packages, they will be counted by the Palm App Catalog just like any other application when it determines whether the number-of-applications limit has been reached or not.

So your best bet is to uninstall all homebrew, then install all Palm App Catalog apps that you want to install, and then use Preware to re-install all your homebrew apps.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Hello Everyone,

I checked my app catalog last night and to my surprise I saw several new apps. I installed an update to Tweed and checkers along with adding Mileage Monitor, PhotoDialer and Lemonade.

After those installed I attempted to install PicHunt - Pets. I was surprised with the message "Sorry, Not Enough Memory". I was shocked.

I currently have Fandango, Mobile by Citysearch, AccuWeather, Tweed, SplashID, Flixster, FlightView, Infopedia, mCraig, Goodfood, Sporting News Pro Football, AP Media, OpenTable, Word Ace, Yelp, Uber Pass, WikiHow, Where, Speed Brain, gDial Pro, Checkers, Video Poker, NFL SuperFan, ESPN Zoom, Lemonade, PhotoDialer, Mileage Monitor, Pickhunt Vintage Cars and P2GoogleVoice. Yes this seems like a lot of applications but I have 7 GB free.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Thank you in advance

Jeff
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I am having the same issue. I am sorry I just posted a similar post on this. I have only 30 apps loaded.

Can anyone explain where we can see the available space for installing apps?

Jeff
    Code:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre-tips-information-resources/203026-app-limit.html

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/203677-trying-install-apps-but-out-memory.html
    I am having the same issue with memory. In addition, I have some websites (like The Drudge Report and others) on my Launch page. I know how to delete apps like Solitaire but cannot delete websites.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by 360jeff View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I checked my app catalog last night and to my surprise I saw several new apps. I installed an update to Tweed and checkers along with adding Mileage Monitor, PhotoDialer and Lemonade.

After those installed I attempted to install PicHunt - Pets. I was surprised with the message "Sorry, Not Enough Memory". I was shocked.

I currently have Fandango, Mobile by Citysearch, AccuWeather, Tweed, SplashID, Flixster, FlightView, Infopedia, mCraig, Goodfood, Sporting News Pro Football, AP Media, OpenTable, Word Ace, Yelp, Uber Pass, WikiHow, Where, Speed Brain, gDial Pro, Checkers, Video Poker, NFL SuperFan, ESPN Zoom, Lemonade, PhotoDialer, Mileage Monitor, Pickhunt Vintage Cars and P2GoogleVoice. Yes this seems like a lot of applications but I have 7 GB free.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Thank you in advance

Jeff
    Make sure you do a search before posting. This subject has been covered ad nauseam. Basically, the Pre has a partition for applications. The partition is too small. There have been several people looking into fixes for this. I, for one, will wait for the App Catalog to be out of Beta before worrying too much.

You can install Homebrew apps with Preware to get around that, but unfortunately that will not help with App Catalog stuff.
    I am having the same issue with memory. In addition, I have some websites (like The Drudge Report and others) on my Launch page. I know how to delete apps like Solitaire but cannot delete websites.
    Hold the orange button and tap the icon. This will work for any app (except for the pre-installed ones that can't be removed)
    Last edited by alpinejag; 09/18/2009 at 10:25 AM.
    I know there are dozens of these threads, but still I find this to be the most frustrating experience with the Pre (apart from the shutdowns, but I think I have isolated those to a loose battery).

I have now reached a point where, even with all homebrew removed, and even after removing some App Catalog Apps, I cannot load new apps. And if I try to reload the delete Apps, I get the "sorry..." message. So, I end up with less and less Catalog Apps on my Pre weekly. This is so frustrating to me, I fail to see how more people are not upset by this.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...imitation.html

Issue solved. Which means that it is doable, but you may want to wait for it to be part of WebOs Quick Install, or even better, wait untl 1.2 to see if Palm fixes it.
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast