Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Yea, it is a concern. It's almost certainly a bug based off the information I have. The alternative to using Palms installNoVerify command (which gives the memory error) is to install the app directly via ipkg, which I believe gets around the bug. Currently only WebOS Quick Install use direct ipkg commands, though really anyone can just use the "ipkg -o /var install <file>.ipk" to install an app.

I wonder if it'd be possible to patch the App Catalog app to use WebOS-Internal's Package Manager Service so even appcatalog downloaded apps world avoid that error
    Jason,

Do you know if anyone has been working on a patch/hack to get past the 60 app limit. I know that Preware and webOS Quick Install gets around it for Homebrew but it does not help to install even one app cat file. If you have 60 + homebrew you can't even install one app.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Hi,

I know this was posted before but i cant find the post but can someone direct me of a workaround so i can add more apps?
    There is currently no work around for this issue. I am sure a solution will go hand in hand with the end of the Beta period on the App Catalog.
    ...Yeah, I can't install anything anymore. This is really horrible and annoying. I either get the "Sorry" message or "Install Failed" now. Are you kidding me? What's so hard about getting this to work, Palm? Its the same with the real app catalog and the homebrew now too. I was in love with this thing until today, I'm now horrified at the strange error messages coming up now.

I hope someone (Palm or otherwise) can come up with a non-rooting solution soon :/ Whoever does it is my hero.
    I'm trying to install applications from the App Catalog. It gives me an error message say "Sorry, not enough memory." Then tells me to delete an application to make room. I have 6.9gb of available memory. I have no problem downloading the homebrew apps, but can't from the app catalog. Does anyone know how to fix this?
    delete some homebrew apps to make room.

search the forums for more info... tons of threads have already covered this topic.
    but what about the ability to download apps from the app catalog after you have installed 90+ apps with preware and it does not let you. that is the frustrating part
    Quote Originally Posted by carmencrystal View Post
    but what about the ability to download apps from the app catalog after you have installed 90+ apps with preware and it does not let you. that is the frustrating part
    Yes, unfortunately we have no way to fix that in Preware. The app number limit seems to be deep inside a proprietary Palm binary executable - we can't even patch it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    just hit the problem last night,with an app catalog program.have 70 icons in launcher,most were stock,think i have around 30 aftermarket apps.anyway,i web doctored awhile back,does web os and preware use the same directories as file coaster?I am just trying to figure out what i reinstalled with what,so i know what to unistall and reinstall either ssh or one of the other 2 methods.Or should i just dump everything and go back with preware/webos?
    so it also happens with preware, no package manager seems immune to this problem..

I haven't had this problem personally (Yet), but my cousin has. He's reset, so I can't ask him, but is it possible the filesystem is running out of inodes? are there dmesg or /var/log/messages errors that aren't being harvested which might be useful?

also, if one tries to install a package by hand on a phone which isn't allowing new files, is there meaningful output from the ipkg install which might be helpful??

$0.02++

-m
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I have 142 mb left of 7.18 available. have 3 music albums synched with itunes and 60 phone pics and a few programs installed?

how do i look where all the memory went ?!
  12. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    something else is taking up your memory...I have over 370 mp3's and 5 full length movies on my pre and I still have 2G of free space left.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Now that I looked closely, I have 884 songs in my albums. That could be it. But my question is general, how, using Pre I can find the memory allocation/usage?
    I have had the phone since launch day, and I notice on day one that I didn't have the 7.2gb that it should so did a full rest and problem solved. I thought until I loaded it up with movies and other media and then deleted them for the phone and then again I left with like to 2gb of memory and only have a hand full of pic's and ring tones on the phone nothing else. where did it all go? do I have a hardware issue? or I am doing something wrong when removing media from the phone. I on a mac so I just connect and select the files I want to get rid of and move them to trash. I tried something different today to free up the memory I used mac's disc utility to reformat the flash drive. It freed it up and everything looks fine, but don't know if the will solve my problem from occurring again. please advise
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I noticed same problem on mac found you need to empty the trash before it clears mem on the pre. Hope this helps
    I am trying to install some apps, and I keep getting a "out of memory issue." Yet I have about 2 gigs free on my phone...idk if that matters, but off of the homebrew and the official app site, it says that I am out of memory. So i deleted some apps, and it resolved the issue...but should that be the case when I have 2 gigs free.
    Quote Originally Posted by ashakouri1 View Post
    I am trying to install some apps, and I keep getting a "out of memory issue." Yet I have about 2 gigs free on my phone...idk if that matters, but off of the homebrew and the official app site, it says that I am out of memory. So i deleted some apps, and it resolved the issue...but should that be the case when I have 2 gigs free.
    That 2GB of free memory is on your USB side. The allotted app memory storage size is not directly related to the USB side. So yes, it's normal for that to happen once you surpass the allotted memory for apps.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    That 2GB of free memory is on your USB side. The allotted app memory storage size is not directly related to the USB side. So yes, it's normal for that to happen once you surpass the allotted memory for apps.
    Will this issue be resolved? Or are we limited to the number of apps we can have on the Pre.
    Just noticed this same issue when I tried loading new apps. Theres no way they would limit the number of apps we can have...come on? The iphone doesnt do that. Even if that were the case...I dont think I even have 30apps downloaded yet!
    Im having the same issue yet the phone is telling me I have 6.4gb available.
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast