Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 344
  1. #81  
    I have never had memory problems till I went and installed homebrew stuff. So I am suspecting that is part of the benefit of the Palm app catalog. They probably go and run through some checks for memory leaks before they let people download it. At least I would hope so. Having to reboot stinks, and with the number of apps running its hard to tell which ones are the problem apps.
  2. ldpantoja's Avatar
    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    #82  
    I dont know if anybody pointed this out but this happened to me the other day.

    I only had one card open & it told me that it couldnt open anymore cards b/c of low memory.

    This new to anybody on here?
  3. #83  
    There's a few threads on. Just reboot. It'll clear the RAM.
  4. #84  
    once the application catalog is up and running is there any word that they will allocate more memory with some kind of update because my memory for apps is already exhausted.
  5. #85  
    Probably not...this is an unofficial way of making you dump the homebrew awesome apps for the ones people/palm want you to pay for. <-- And don't take me wrong, I dont't mind paying a bit for good apps, even some of the nice homebrew ones people spent time on.

    I just think they will cripple it a bit this way so youll allocate space for pay apps and slowly try to kill homebrew. BUT...as with any software...there is always a loophole/hack, and it will come shortly after (mainly talking for us Non-rooting Pre people)
  6. #86  
    Palm doesn't exactly have a history of letting anyone know what they will be doing. It seems like a reasonable move so you can probably consider it a good possibility. However, I wouldn't go any further than that.
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Probably not...this is an unofficial way of making you dump the homebrew awesome apps for the ones people/palm want you to pay for. <-- And don't take me wrong, I dont't mind paying a bit for good apps, even some of the nice homebrew ones people spent time on.

    I just think they will cripple it a bit this way so youll allocate space for pay apps and slowly try to kill homebrew. BUT...as with any software...there is always a loophole/hack, and it will come shortly after (mainly talking for us Non-rooting Pre people)
    you are absolutely right bro makes sense thanks
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by joshewah View Post
    I have never had memory problems till I went and installed homebrew stuff. So I am suspecting that is part of the benefit of the Palm app catalog. They probably go and run through some checks for memory leaks before they let people download it. At least I would hope so. Having to reboot stinks, and with the number of apps running its hard to tell which ones are the problem apps.
    It's not memory leaks that are the problem. It's partition space. Read the thread.

    In other news, my Toggle VFS app is starting to become functional:



    The functionality of the mount and unmount buttons could be finished in a matter of days.
    The 'donate' link is already functional. Layout is subject to change.

    1lnxraider: You should put instructions on how to resize the VFS and revert changes (i.e. extract the .img) on the wiki, for those who may be interested in the future.
    Last edited by ultraBlack; 08/11/2009 at 12:32 AM.
  9. #89  
    Someone needs to get a fix together for htis issue that is able to be easily ported to the Pre, say via filecoaster. Every developer is going to suffer is this issue is not addressed.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    Someone needs to get a fix together for htis issue that is able to be easily ported to the Pre, say via filecoaster. Every developer is going to suffer is this issue is not addressed.
    fileCoaster is not able to securely install services (nor is any other current on-device installer).

    Such a convenient fix will need to wait for an app installer that is done properly, and supports securely (with explicit informed user consent) running postinst files in ipkgs as root.

    WebOS-Internals is working on such an installer, but it's a hard problem so the design is still in the phase of prototyping the secure informed user consent service.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  11. ttocs230's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    #91  
    This did this to me last night, was there any fix for this?
  12. #92  
    Can someone make
  13. #93  
    This is happening to me too, Anybody got a good fix?
  14. #94  
    Same problem here. First time it happened to me with my pre rooted. Did a hard reset and it has happened again. What's the deal? I have around 50 apps which may seem excessive but I live on this phone so it is neccessity. Also once the error comes up in file coaster, other apps that have already been downloaded, cannot be re downloaded for the updated version. Any fix for this?
  15. #96  
    Not the answer, I'm trying to use the app store on my pre. Not using third-party apps atm.
  16.    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by Warboy View Post
    Not the answer, I'm trying to use the app store on my pre. Not using third-party apps atm.
    So you tried this fix and you still have the error? Or you didn't even attempt it?
  17. #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by optik678 View Post
    So you tried this fix and you still have the error? Or you didn't even attempt it?
    Thats for 3rd-party apps, and I'm trying to install apps from the app store. So I didn't even attempt it since it does not look like it effects the normal method of installing apps.
  18. #99  
    i downloaded a bunch of lib's and crap that i dont need on my pre to the /var folder, but i cant find them. i maybe have 20 apps total installed (if even, its probably more like 12) and im still gettin the out of memory popup.

    i SFTP'd into my Pre and was poking around in the var folder for all the pkgs i installed (using ipkg-opt -o /var install packagehere, so i assume thats why my /var is full) and i couldnt find a single one. what the heck is taking alll the space then?
  19. uminchu's Avatar
    Posts
    72 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Probably not...this is an unofficial way of making you dump the homebrew awesome apps for the ones people/palm want you to pay for. <-- And don't take me wrong, I dont't mind paying a bit for good apps, even some of the nice homebrew ones people spent time on.

    I just think they will cripple it a bit this way so youll allocate space for pay apps and slowly try to kill homebrew. BUT...as with any software...there is always a loophole/hack, and it will come shortly after (mainly talking for us Non-rooting Pre people)
    IIUC, you're saying that there is a limit set on how many apps we can install, regardless of memory available. Is this just for Homebrew, or total apps? If it's for total, wouldn't that also limit how many apps we can install from the App Catalog, thereby limiting their own profit potential as well?
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions