Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718 LastLast
    This is the one drawback to the Palm Pre. It has being a thorn in my side since I got this phone. I wanted to install the new FB app and had to sacrifice flight View, Fandango, Canadian News, Solitaire, Spades, and even though I know it has a different file location, File Coaster. After all deletion, I still get the same annoying message. What can I do???
    having the same problem... thought it was the sdk update since i'm testing apps i'm working on. get "FAILED NOT ENOUGH INSTALL SPACE" from the prompt when trying to load an ipk, and the memory error message when trying to download from the app catalog. this sucks, but i guess i can test on the emulator until we get back up and running.
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I am at my wits end on this one. I have :
    - have preware with the latest package service
    - installed mvapp and have moved everything over
    - renamed ipkg to ipkg.disabled
    - I tried to uninstall the package service as someone stated above, but I only have preware going right now, and it has preware dependent on it, so I can't remove it.

I can install anything from the app catalog. I can install nothing from the app catalog. There has to be some flag somewhere preventing this from working. Help!
    does the new webos update help with this? i'm having trouble validating my update so i haven't been able to test it out
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    does the new webos update help with this? i'm having trouble validating my update so i haven't been able to test it out
    It does not.

You need to install Preware, and use the MvApp utility. There are threads on how to do that on PreCentral.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    thanks for the quick reply - that is unbelievable! i looked that the instructions for preware and it looks daunting - to me - tell me it's not that difficult! (could also be the couple beers i had with dinner!)
    Last edited by eddieras; 11/14/2009 at 06:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

Quote Originally Posted by baldric View Post
    Howdy,
    I have the same problem.
    When I remove the package manager service, I can download again from the app catalog.
    I had the same problem when FairDinkum wasn't included with preware (ie, while FairDinkum was installed, I couldn't download from the AppCatalog no matter how much room I had, but when I removed that service, I could download normally).

Is there some bug with FairDinkum (and now PackageManagerService)? Can I turn the functionality off?

Thanks
    baldric
    We are still trying to debug this situation. Any help you can provide by being available in the IRC channel will be appreciated.

In the meantime, to turn the functionality off simply rename /usr/local/bin/ipkg to /usr/local/bin/ipkg.disabled

-- Rod
    I'm having the same problem. I deleted 30+ apps and was still not able to download from App Cat. I'm not in a position to try removing PreWare and PackageManagerService, but may try tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    same issue, could not download from the app catalog when the lasted preware and package manager were loaded. this first started about week ago, tried to reinstall preware/package manager today after update to 1.3.1 but still get the not enough memory error when trying to download. but when I remove package manager/preware i have no problem downloading, even downloaded several apps. I know some have suggested running mvapp but not sure I want to do this at this point. wish there was some way to go back to an older version of preware/package manager.
    Handspring Visor Deluxe, Platinum; Visor Phone, Palm Zire 72; Treo 270, 700p; Centro x2; Pixi, Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    thanks for the quick reply - that is unbelievable! i looked that the instructions for preware and it looks daunting - to me - tell me it's not that difficult! (could also be the couple beers i had with dinner!)
    Installing Preware is not daunting.

Just read the instructions for install WebOS Quick Install very carefully.

Its so easy, but at first it looks read scary.

Just read and re-read the instructions.

And from what I understand someone is putting together a new updated instructions manual with step by step.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

thanks rob - maybe i'll wait for the new instructions - what's up with palm - why would they limit this? i figured the next update would take care of this so i never paid attention to the hack. i have 4.5G available!
    Is there an application that tell you ow much app space you have on the pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by bnite6 View Post
    Is there an application that tell you ow much app space you have on the pre?
    Install Terminal and MvApp using Preware and then run mvapp in Terminal.

-- Rod
    I just updated preware and package andI was able to download facebook application with no issues. going to try another app and see how that goes. Biggest application I would like to see is the comparison (or maybe it is just a patch) of application memory used vs. what is left
    thanks
    looking at PreWare and I do not see the Mvapp. Any other suggestions?
    got it thanks rhwhitby
    The one problem of not going into media or usb but just charge might be because you are not hitting "safely remove" on your hard drive pre icon before removing the cord! You should always do that first & you'll start getting your options back!
    freshly doctored. A whopping 19 programs on there, and I get the no more room to install apps? I will be quite peeved if I have to move this, install this, change that. Was just trying to fix my battery drain issue which does seem to be fine now. Go figure. Maybe my Moment isn't looking that bad anymore.
    I cannot download apps from the app catalog anymore. I have not added anything to my pre such as homebrew, preware ,etc. It seems to start to download but the progress bar at the bottom doesn't move. I have plenty of space left on my phone. I have tried rebooting but nothing seems to help. Any suggestions?
    I have just doctored my Pre twice in the last days trying to figure this one out: if you install preware and package manager's latest versions, you will get a not enough space error in the app catalog. Use WebOS Quick Install to remove the package manager and the issue is resolved.

Is there anyone working on this ?