Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718 LastLast
    Okay well I have a link that fixes the storage space problem, it worked for me but you have to have preware, and my phone is rooted so idk if that makes a difference.

but since this will be my first post it wont let me include links for some reason.

so i'm going to just spam 10 posts worth so bare with me
    sorry
    i look really dumb
    blah
    ugh
    asdf
    only 3 more
    HERE IT IS I'M SORRY I SUCK I KNOW

Solution to App Catalog Installation Limit - WebOS Internals

again, you need preware, quickinstall will do the trick
    FYI: The functionality of the Fair Dinkum App Limit package has now been incorporated into the latest version of the Package Manager Service (that's 0.9.12). Preware itself is unchanged.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Did you install the Fair Dinkum App Limit package from Preware? I had the same problem yesterday - tried to install Appware apps (any) and Pre froze for 3 minutes then said not enough memory.

Installed Fair Dinkum and problem immediately solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcsnyc View Post
    Did you install the Fair Dinkum App Limit package from Preware? I had the same problem yesterday - tried to install Appware apps (any) and Pre froze for 3 minutes then said not enough memory.

Installed Fair Dinkum and problem immediately solved.
    Did you read the post above yours?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    oops, yea, forgot about Preware, my bad, it'd been a long day here, lol
    Jason, I sure appreciate all that you & others have done/are doing to improve Pre. That said, I have a non-rooted Pre & have installed your Quick Install, PreWare, patches and some homebrew apps (all through PreWare and Quick Install).

I am getting the not enough memory message. I have tried to sift through all the tech-speak on this thread & am swimming. Is there a current recommendation for someone like me who can follow instructions but does not dare root Pre or dissect the code in it. PLEASE ADVISE! I'd greatly appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcar96 View Post
    Jason, I sure appreciate all that you & others have done/are doing to improve Pre. That said, I have a non-rooted Pre & have installed your Quick Install, PreWare, patches and some homebrew apps (all through PreWare and Quick Install).

I am getting the not enough memory message. I have tried to sift through all the tech-speak on this thread & am swimming. Is there a current recommendation for someone like me who can follow instructions but does not dare root Pre or dissect the code in it. PLEASE ADVISE! I'd greatly appreciate it.
    The latest versions of the Package Manager Service and Preware (note that these are developed by WebOS Internals, not by Jason's Canuck Software) address this problem.

See the Fair Dinkum App Limit thread for details, but be aware that the functionality of Fair Dinkum has now been subsumed into the Package Manager Service.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    I have the Fair Dinkum update installed, yet I still get the "Not enough memory" error when trying to install from the Palm Catalog. Filecoaster/Preware downloads stuff just fine..

I've even uninstalled about 4 homebrew and 2 Palm apps, and I still get the message, no matter how small the app I'm trying to download. The app I'm trying to install is only 471k and still, I get that message. This is even after rebooting, uninstalling Fair Dinkum, rebooting, re-installing Fair Dinkum, and rebooting again.

Frustrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrok View Post
    I have the Fair Dinkum update installed, yet I still get the "Not enough memory" error when trying to install from the Palm Catalog. Filecoaster/Preware downloads stuff just fine..

I've even uninstalled about 4 homebrew and 2 Palm apps, and I still get the message, no matter how small the app I'm trying to download. The app I'm trying to install is only 471k and still, I get that message. This is even after rebooting, uninstalling Fair Dinkum, rebooting, re-installing Fair Dinkum, and rebooting again..
    Fair Dinkum's functionality has been subsumed into the latest version of the Package Manager Service (it said this in the description of the package and the changelog). What version of the Package Manager Service do you have installed?

Install the Terminal application using Preware, or use the Linux commandline screen in WebOS Quick Install, and tell me the output of the following commands:

ls -l /usr/local/bin/ipkg

du -s /var/usr/palm/applications

df /var

-- Rod
    Howdy,
    I have the same problem.
    When I remove the package manager service, I can download again from the app catalog.
    I had the same problem when FairDinkum wasn't included with preware (ie, while FairDinkum was installed, I couldn't download from the AppCatalog no matter how much room I had, but when I removed that service, I could download normally).

Is there some bug with FairDinkum (and now PackageManagerService)? Can I turn the functionality off?

Thanks
    baldric
    Quote Originally Posted by baldric View Post
    Howdy,
    I have the same problem.
    When I remove the package manager service, I can download again from the app catalog.
    I had the same problem when FairDinkum wasn't included with preware (ie, while FairDinkum was installed, I couldn't download from the AppCatalog no matter how much room I had, but when I removed that service, I could download normally).

Is there some bug with FairDinkum (and now PackageManagerService)? Can I turn the functionality off?

Thanks
    baldric
    We are still trying to debug this situation. Any help you can provide by being available in the IRC channel will be appreciated.

In the meantime, to turn the functionality off simply rename /usr/local/bin/ipkg to /usr/local/bin/ipkg.disabled

-- Rod
    I uninstalled numerous apps. Only let me download after removing the bWeather app. not sure if that app had something to do with it. By the way I still have the preware app installed*