Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1am View Post
    i'm not entirely sure this has anythingto do with the app limit. I've deleted all sorts of apps and I still can't install anything from the app catalog. Pretty weak.
    had the same issue. uninstalled stuff. still can't install new apps
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    same here
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I just searched the forums and found some threads discussing about this problem,but I couldn't find a solution.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    I had to get mine down to 38 apps installed and this is going by the number on preware. I was able to download an app and get to 39 but I was unable to get a 40th from the app catalog, preware still works but offial app limit for me is 39
    Yeah. I only have around 10 apps and it does the same thing for me.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Yeah I am having the same issue trying to download an update for WordAce. I hope this is fixed by the time the paid apps release.
    Will an app for forwarding text and recording videos be available soon??? That is all the PRE is missing...
    21 apps and shutdown from the app. Catalog. I am just yet another complainer hoping someone can find the workaround. I know that Palm has this space problem tucked deeply within the software, but there are lots of very talented developers out there who WILL eventually find a way to change the partition and create more space. Do the tweaks and patches play a role in how many apps you can have. I thought these were stored in two totally different places, but after installing a bunch of patches via Preware, I suddenly have no more memory. Also I downloaded a bunch of wallpapers from the browser and kept getting a critical low memory warning. I hate this...we shouldn't have to stress over having too many app especially when we are stuck with a bunch of apps we can't delete I.e. Nascar, to create more space...****ed!
    Last edited by holley2583; 10/02/2009 at 01:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    21 apps and shutdown from the app. Catalog. I am just yet another complainer hoping someone can find the workaround. I know that Palm has this space problem tucked deeply within the software, but there are lots of very talented developers out there who WILL eventually find a way to change the partition and create more space. Do the tweaks and patches play a role in how many apps you can have. I thought these were stored in two totally different places, but after installing a bunch of patches via Preware, I suddenly have no more memory. Also I downloaded a bunch of wallpapers from the browser and kept getting a critical low memory warning. I hate this...we shouldn't have to stress over having too many app especially when we are stuck with a bunch of apps we can't delete I.e. Nascar, to create more space...****ed!
    I to am having the same issue, I installed a bunch of patches last night and now I cannot download apps for the app catalog. Any good solutions anybody?
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fgcchevy View Post
    I to am having the same issue, I installed a bunch of patches last night and now I cannot download apps for the app catalog. Any good solutions anybody?
    Have you tried the solution in this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...worked-me.html
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I've deleted 10 apps and its still giving me that "delete apps" mesage! ***?
    I'm getting Deja-Vu about this thread... Palm offering a device that requires reboots.

Supposedly, the next Palm update has a fix for the issue. We'll see (hopefully soon).
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I'm getting Deja-Vu about this thread... Palm offering a device that requires reboots.

Supposedly, the next Palm update has a fix for the issue. We'll see (hopefully soon).
    i hope you'r right!

love your name!

hello jerry
    I Think the "LIMIT ERROR" has to do with the Hombrews.......I know that Palm does have its limit but after uninstalling and not being able to reinstall from App Catalog is caused from the Hombrews and/or Patches....

Any Thoughts other thoughts?
    i don't have one homebrew installed - never had any. i have 4.2g available and i can't install any new apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saywut View Post
    I Think the "LIMIT ERROR" has to do with the Hombrews.......I know that Palm does have its limit but after uninstalling and not being able to reinstall from App Catalog is caused from the Hombrews and/or Patches....

Any Thoughts other thoughts?
    The success of homebrew exacerbates the problem, but you can experience the problem without installing any homebrew at all.

Installing Fair Dinkum App Limit, and using MvApp, solves the problem.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Eddieras, can you delete an app and then re-install the SAME app over or do you still get the error?

rwhitby, I totaly agree but I'm more concerned with why it started now? I recently started adding Tweaks/Patches. I've had homebrew apps for some time, but now when i delete an App from the app catalog.........I CANNOT RE-Download it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Saywut View Post
    Eddieras, can you delete an app and then re-install the SAME app over or do you still get the error?

rwhitby, I totaly agree but I'm more concerned with why it started now? I recently started adding Tweaks/Patches. I've had homebrew apps for some time, but now when i delete an App from the app catalog.........I CANNOT RE-Download it!
    i just tried your request and yes, i could delete and reinstall same app. - no error
    Hmmm, ok. Well I will try to remove my homebrews and patches and see if I'm able to download apps from the "Catalog" I will also delete and attempt to redownload app catalog apps.

I'm really needing som "favor" for m:Mafia......
    Okay well I have a link that fixes the storage space problem, it worked for me but you have to have preware, and my phone is rooted so idk if that makes a difference.

but since this will be my first post it wont let me include links for some reason.

so i'm going to just spam 10 posts worth so bare with me