Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
    I am expecting the limit will be removed on the 24th with the 1.2 update.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Palm gives us 8GB to used, BUT only for PIM. I can no longer put any more apps on my phone because the damn Pre only gives you 233MB of space for apps. My phone kept telling me I needed to erase an app in order to install a new one. Bullsh!t!!! I have 3.2GB left, so I called Palm and they told me that space is only for pics, music, etc. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO USE THAT SPACE FOR APPS!!!!! I didn't buy a Palm to put music on it, or video clips. I want to be able to run any app whenever! Not, "Well I'd like to use the 'Where' app, but I deleted it so I could get 'Quest'." TOTAL BULLCRAP! Palm told me this info was getting handed to their people to work on the problem. DAMN STRAIGHT, and I want a new phone when they fix it. TOTAL BUMMER, wouldn't of even got it, if I had known it was this limiting!
    I believe the space Palm gave us to accommodate the number of OFFICIAL apps in the catalog was enough... Palm did not promise/tell you that you'd have 8gb to install homebrew onto

THAT being said, since there are going to be more official apps this week with the catalog coming out of beta, webos1.2 is lifting some of the restrictions

Smoke a bowl and wait a few more days
    Last edited by scrupul0us; 09/21/2009 at 09:31 AM.
    Are you seriously this upset? Damn I'd hate to see you when something really bad happens.
    For $200, yes I'm pissed off. Is giving us full memory for apps that much to ask????
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    This is a known issue.

Did you not research this phone, before you purchased it?
    By looks of your screen name maybe you should smoke another bowl and call it good.

But yeah it sucks..hopefully they fix it soon.
    From this to the 50 app limitation in the beta catalogue, Palm's app implementation thus far has been a joke.

But I would say to save judgment until they fully enable it on Thursday. See what it's like when they supposedly have it together, then make up your mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDude420 View Post
    Palm gives us 8GB to used, BUT only for PIM. I can no longer put any more apps on my phone because the damn Pre only gives you 233MB of space for apps. My phone kept telling me I needed to erase an app in order to install a new one. Bullsh!t!!! I have 3.2GB left, so I called Palm and they told me that space is only for pics, music, etc. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO USE THAT SPACE FOR APPS!!!!! I didn't buy a Palm to put music on it, or video clips. I want to be able to run any app whenever! Not, "Well I'd like to use the 'Where' app, but I deleted it so I could get 'Quest'." TOTAL BULLCRAP! Palm told me this info was getting handed to their people to work on the problem. DAMN STRAIGHT, and I want a new phone when they fix it. TOTAL BUMMER, wouldn't of even got it, if I had known it was this limiting!
    Seriously dude, its a know issue.This isn't news to the rest of the forum. And you want a new phone? What do you mean? Palm should give you a free pre?
    Let's all stop defending Palm. It's a smart phone, not a phone. The more these complaints interfere with what a normal person would want to do with the phone the more they need to be addressed. Ripcode, I have researched the phone before purchasing it but unless you search for "randomly shutting down" or "NFL app not loading" or "app memory limitation" it's unlikely that you're going to hear about these problems. And then you have people saying I don't have that problem so you don't know if it's universal or a user issue. Palm needs to fix this issue along with everything else or Sprint and Palm will both be left in the dust when the next round of smart phones come out for Christmas.
    No I didn't research the phone before I got it, not many people do(even if you think so). No Palm shouldn't give me a free phone, if they come out with an update, great. If they change the hardware, I got a protection plan. I'll break it, and get a new phone. But because I don't spend every day checking out a web site for my phone, how the hell would I know of this problem or a fix for it. Which is why I made a thread on this forum. Thank you to the people how simply said wait for an update. The rest of you, push up you glasses and have fun being single.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    But I would say to save judgment until they fully enable it on Thursday. See what it's like when they supposedly have it together, then make up your mind.
    My understanding is that Thursday is simply when they add the ability to pay for apps but that the app store would still be in beta.

I could be wrong.

On a side note, it cracks me up that people were ready to go somewhere else because the Pre wasn't being released soon enough. Now it's been released but people complain they should've waited to iron things out so now they're going to go somewhere else.

So, in other words, those people were looking elsewhere no matter what Palm did?

Maybe I'm being too logical for the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChappyEight View Post
    ...On a side note, it cracks me up that people were ready to go somewhere else because the Pre wasn't being released soon enough. Now it's been released but people complain they should've waited to iron things out so now they're going to go somewhere else.

So, in other words, those people were looking elsewhere no matter what Palm did?...
    You nailed it...
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kjparfekt View Post
    Let's all stop defending Palm. It's a smart phone, not a phone. The more these complaints interfere with what a normal person would want to do with the phone the more they need to be addressed. Ripcode, I have researched the phone before purchasing it but unless you search for "randomly shutting down" or "NFL app not loading" or "app memory limitation" it's unlikely that you're going to hear about these problems. And then you have people saying I don't have that problem so you don't know if it's universal or a user issue. Palm needs to fix this issue along with everything else or Sprint and Palm will both be left in the dust when the next round of smart phones come out for Christmas.
    Like any piece of new technology, when you get in on the cutting edge you are sure to experience issues. No way around that.

The Pre has only been out (3) months and with each new release of OS they are fixing problems.

A new OS release 1.2ish "should" be out this week. Let's see what it takes care of for us.

Breathe deeply and relax a moment. Your issue is valid and hopefully it will get resolved soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDude420 View Post
    No I didn't research the phone before I got it, not many people do(even if you think so).
    Just out of curiosity, where is your supporting evidence since you've deemed others' unacceptable.

As for the original question, I agree, an update will probably do the trick.

Now, if you'll excuse me, World of Warcraft is calling my name.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Well, all I can say is that I hope they fix this limit before the official App Catalog goes live. As a Palm developer I'd be pissed that Palm put in an artificial limitation that causes a user to not buy my app.
    All the people that are whining about the Pre not doing 100% everything from day one are probably the same people on the Large Hadron Collider forums pitching a fit they aren't smashing atoms yet

"What do you mean something 20 years in the making that has never been tested isn't working 100% on day one... Man I'm so pissed... "
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    Do you really use that many programs?
    I guess I do. I have old homebrew stuff I dont want to delete to get new stuff
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Perhaps not, but take a look at this. The average iPhone user has spent $80 on apps and has downloaded 65 apps for the device. I know this isn't an iPhone, but we should expect that users are going to complain in any area where the Pre isn't up to the standards of the iPhone.

The average iPhone user has spent $80 on apps | Mobile Entertainment News
    scrupul0us

Dude, what I'm asking is not that much.
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast